Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The black whole: a TH9 transformer base design with anti-Hog variation

Pro Member

The black whole: a TH9 transformer base design with anti-Hog variation

Recently, I've been maxed on gold and elixir more frequently and was forced to farm for DE quite a lot. To protect my DE I did a base design that focuses on protecting that precious dark liquid (hence the name of the base: Black whole as in keep the dark elixir whole plus it's resemblance to a black hole). A transformer base sounded like the perfect choice for me since I'm in a clan where we frequently do a trophy push, so switching between modes was essential for me.

I'm happy to present to you My TH9 transformer base design: THE BLACK WHOLE

1- Farming/ Casual trophy hunt mode
    Be prepared to turn your defense log into a boring TH snipe or DE zap with this mode (tested at farming range 1700-1800, see http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...l=1#post995547 for logs).

I was able to maintain a DE amount in excess of 100k for three weeks now

2- Anti Hog mode V1.0

Hogs are the most common troop used past 2450 cups nowadays. This variation by no means is meant to win you cups, as I learned from using hogs that level 4 are good enough to 100% any TH9. This base variation is meant to divert hogs from the core into the outside layer of defenses. All trap placement have a very high probability of being triggered, weakening the hogs when they try to take out the core last were those teslas and x-bow (working as a tank building more than anything) can rip them apart leaving TH protected and preventing a second star

The Black whole anti-hog V1 in action

2- Anti Hog mode V2.0

With last update, traps became much stronger. So i thought about doing a V2.0 where hogs are hit extremely hard with those giant bombs. With this variation I had 4 wins out of 4 till now

Video:

http://youtu.be/JSBFAziH5uM

EDIT:

Post update log:

video:

http://youtu.be/J9Z1GyxWN-A

Credits:

Special thanks to my awesome clan IronBound for there support, also to Staffytale for testing this base with me
    Thanks to Richard aka Maynards35 and Pingfao, I've been using their base designs for so long that you can see their finger prints in my own design
    Last edited by mavios; November 23rd, 2013 at 04:43 AM. Reason: typo

Very nice looking design Mavios, I especially like the anti hog variation. I am currently testing a DE focused design as well in preparation for the update, haha. Interesting take on the funnels, would it not be more conventional to start the funnels at the ends as opposed to the middle?
    IGN: Richard | Level 111 |TH10 | Exodias II
    The Loaded Die TH9 |
    Teslas Triumphant TH9

Centennial Club
    Looks good, might try your farming mode but put the TH inside for next push. The anti hog variation looks like it will stop hogs from getting to the core but its opened it up to loons.

Catch 22 up there atm hey. If you dont get hogged you get looned
    Clan - crystal death
    IGN- kwikaz1
    TH9 - lvl 103
    Heal heros, heal......

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by maynards35 View Post
    Very nice looking design Mavios, I especially like the anti hog variation. I am currently testing a DE focused design as well in preparation for the update, haha. Interesting take on the funnels, would it not be more conventional to start the funnels at the ends as opposed to the middle?
    Where the compartments have 2 def buildings its good to have the funnels in the middle but where there is only 1 def its prob better at one end, but if its too wide a compartment they will just hit the wall anyway. so it does take some fine tuning.
    Clan - crystal death
    IGN- kwikaz1
    TH9 - lvl 103
    Heal heros, heal......

"Awkward" you raided me for DE and got 1.7k and I tried to spell you so I could get even more but you were always shielded and now it's been over 3 weeks and ur not on my battle log any more

|TH9|LEVEL 90|IGN:MxR081N|CLAN:2012Warriors|HIGHEST TROPHIES: 2499|

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maynards35 View Post
    When I first made this base, I did not use any spring traps at the external layer of walls nor there was any opening in the middle. The problem with that was wbs were able to break through directly to the core if released in a big group destroying three layers of walls one after the other, by doing a mid-way opening the wb path was diverted to the junctions on the side which is better protected, also moving them away from their tank units (giants in particular) and leaving them more exposed to fire from defenses. Also it helps splitting giants into two groups if wbs were able to destroy the walls on either sides

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MxR081N View Post
    "Awkward" you raided me for DE and got 1.7k and I tried to spell you so I could get even more but you were always shielded and now it's been over 3 weeks and ur not on my battle log any more
    oh did I? lol

Yeah you can see the defense log, my TH was being snapped constantly
    Last edited by mavios; November 4th, 2013 at 11:03 PM.

Pro Member

Anti-hog variation

A youtube video is being uploaded. will be online shortly

Quote Originally Posted by mavios View Post
    A youtube video is being uploaded. will be online shortly
    Nice base Mavios, idk if you remember me from Haypi Dragon?

IGN: Dragonyash
    Clan: Achille's Fury
    Town Hall Level 8
    R.I.P Pumpkin Bomb and Santa Strike March 15 2014

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kwikaz View Post
    Looks good, might try your farming mode but put the TH inside for next push. The anti hog variation looks like it will stop hogs from getting to the core but its opened it up to loons.

Catch 22 up there atm hey. If you dont get hogged you get looned
    Not if you have maxed teslas, I got hit with 37 lvl 6 balloons and won cups, it was the only balloon attack I got on my base. You don't see many of them after 2450 cups. Also the anti hog base would work the same way on balloons or giants, but since their deployment is a bit different you will not get the same results, however the balloons deployed in a line will tend to split into three groups, two circling around the base (going directly to the other ADs) and the third going to the core against two upward facing xbows and 4 maxed teslas
    Last edited by mavios; November 5th, 2013 at 12:23 AM. Reason: more explanations added