Thread: Total mismatch of war end date between API gateways

Exclamation Total mismatch of war end date between API gateways

SuperCell are you aware of that CoC API gateways have total mismatch on dates of clan war ends? Current inconsistency may somehow be result of latest update of servers but ever since I've started using war API gateways it's seem more or less giving mismatches on war end dates. Obviously I mean here differences between "warlog" and "currentwar" gateways.

Below you got print screens from your API page for developers so It's not something I've made up nor have errors in my application which uses your API. It's happening in live API.

Will you (SuperCell) fix it or at least do you consider to fix it?! Or as usual regarding to API you will just left developers with no answer to question/suggestion?

As a side note
    I've abandoned some time ago my belief in that SuperCell has made some really good API for us (developers) but maybe some of us will read this and will not have to suffer from issues that SuperCell has given us in the API...

warlog.jpg
    currentwar.jpg

Isn't that difference only 51 seconds? That can easily be explained because the currentWar must be reporting the scheduled end time. And the log is probably reporting the actual end time - which was 51 seconds later because it waited for any battles that were in progress to finish.

It looks to me like the API is probably working correctly and there is nothing to be fixed.
    Forum cup organiser. The forum cup discord server is: https://discord.gg/KEUxV2e
    Looking for the Clash Royale forum? It moved here: https://communityroyale.com/

Quote Originally Posted by OnyxDS View Post
    Isn't that difference only 51 seconds? That can easily be explained because the currentWar must be reporting the scheduled end time. And the log is probably reporting the actual end time - which was 51 seconds later because it waited for any battles that were in progress to finish.

It looks to me like the API is probably working correctly and there is nothing to be fixed.
    Well I can agree with you in case of 51 secs difference but for sake of integrity in any system it should have and use same common data model and what's more important each of those gateways should be implemented by using same calculation methods which is obviously not happening.

One more thing I didn't notice before is that SC has started returning different start dates for war and attack day in current war gateway which is total ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ because war hasn't started latter but was extended due to server maintenance.

So as a summary I'll just say that API is far way from working correctly in matter of consistency of object changes and calculation methods.

That's indeed a little stupid. I'm using "Preparation Start Time" and the clan tag as primary, having this available in the log would indeed be cool.

It's really sad that this forum is abandoned by the devs. I already posted in the Q&A thread, but apparently, Darian hasn't seen it despite posting a few answers. We didn't had any dev post since Anoushka anounced the API update

Edit: I posted again in that thread.
    Last edited by WernerDerChamp; 1 Week Ago at 07:52 PM.
    Werner der Champ German CoC Wiki Admin (Link)
    My Ideas:Matchmaking fix for Legends|Cat troop idea|Ultimate Clash Royale Tournament idea
    Quote Originally Posted by WernerderChamp View Post
    Are you again waiting till 100,000,000 total clicks on "Try again" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
    Yes. Please hurry up with the final 10,000 taps!

Quote Originally Posted by WernerDerChamp View Post
    That's indeed a little stupid. I'm using "Preparation Start Time" and the clan tag as primary, having this available in the log would indeed be cool.
    Do you also noticed the difference in war end time of 1 sec between gateways even if war ends "normally" without any attacks needs end after normal war time etc.? I've got this for every war this 1 sec difference.

It's really sad that this forum is abandoned by the devs. I already posted in the Q&A thread, but apparently, Darian hasn't seen it despite posting a few answers. We didn't had any dev post since Anoushka anounced the API update

Edit: I posted again in that thread.
    Agree that we have been left for ourselves here and thanks for your post.

You could strip off the time completely and just keep the day if you want to identify the war within the clan.

I don't think the API is exactly a priority for them compared to, for example, fixing war MM, clouds or end-game content. And I doubt we'll get a lot of support for it, since that would be actual devs doing that - no-one can much. As far as I could find out there might well be some updates to the API, but not imminently
    Forum cup organiser. The forum cup discord server is: https://discord.gg/KEUxV2e
    Looking for the Clash Royale forum? It moved here: https://communityroyale.com/

I don't expect too much of them, just checking the forum once a week and perhaps reacting to some suggestions, bug reports would be fine. When the API came out, Jafu checked back regulary.

And just keeping the day doesn't work, due to friendly wars with <1d prep+battle time
    Werner der Champ German CoC Wiki Admin (Link)
    My Ideas:Matchmaking fix for Legends|Cat troop idea|Ultimate Clash Royale Tournament idea
    Quote Originally Posted by WernerderChamp View Post
    Are you again waiting till 100,000,000 total clicks on "Try again" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
    Yes. Please hurry up with the final 10,000 taps!

Quote Originally Posted by OnyxDS View Post
    You could strip off the time completely and just keep the day if you want to identify the war within the clan.

I don't think the API is exactly a priority for them compared to, for example, fixing war MM, clouds or end-game content. And I doubt we'll get a lot of support for it, since that would be actual devs doing that - no-one can much. As far as I could find out there might well be some updates to the API, but not imminently
    Yeah, I've solved it right away after noticing this issue just by adding wider time frame for search of war by date. I don't have multiple clans stats page so I will maybe switch to search just by day like you've suggested.

I also don't think we would get some response on our requests from this subformu.

I don't expect too much of them, just checking the forum once a week and perhaps reacting to some suggestions, bug reports would be fine. When the API came out, Jafu checked back regulary.

And just keeping the day doesn't work, due to friendly wars with <1d prep+battle time
    I think any of voice from SC like just "ok, we will check this" or "we won't spend time on this" would be nice. Otherwise this forum is just for exchange between developers and I'm not sure if this was intended. From my side I assume that someone at least should react from SC side for those topics that really reports bugs or gives suggestions.