Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: An obvious fix to all things engineering

Sorry but that's probably the worst Idea I've seen to fix wars. I don't want wars restricted that way. The problems with your idea are obvious and like PapaTroll said, engineers, attack up. It does allow others to dip usually one or two levels. So you think that we should be unable to dip at all? It doesn't matter, no chance of this happening.

You know, I have ideas that I thought were good then later realized that was flawed. I can't point any fingers. I suspect everyone has been there.
    Last edited by StormHeart; November 21st, 2017 at 01:44 PM.

Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Join us on Discord
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Somethingnotalreadypicked View Post
    So what happens when you have one th10 in your line up and get matched to a clan with only th9s or less. Now my top player can't attack anyone
    Then the th10 attacks th9s with th9 troops and spells..no th10 with the extra spell and troop levels...enginners all clear 9s and 10s as well as 11 attempts...if the minimax wants to hit a 9 and only has max drags then hes limited to level 4 drags and th9 level spells...people need to read the idea and not assume i suggested somethin different...i did not say its no dip rules..only the dips lose there engineered advantage...make every townhall a level playing field

But it doesn't level the playing field does it? If a non-engineering clan is matched against an engineering clan that has extra TH11 attacks from a minimax base your idea does not help at all. So, again, no, it is not obvious, no it does not help the problem with engineered bases attacking up the roster. Just no.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nobeone View Post
    But it doesn't level the playing field does it? If a non-engineering clan is matched against an engineering clan that has extra TH11 attacks from a minimax base your idea does not help at all. So, again, no, it is not obvious, no it does not help the problem with engineered bases attacking up the roster. Just no.
    Erm..but thats exactly who it does help...if u cant comprehend the idea and explain your pov with an actual point and explanation..i would gladly take it on board...atm sayin no for the sake of saying no is pointless...no pun intended

OK, OK, so you can't agree to disagree, I get that, but perhaps you would care to address the point:

How does forcing a TH11 engineered minimax to use only the troops of the TH level he attacks help when he attacks a TH11 in war?

Obviously it doesn't. Since this is one of the most potent issues with facing engineered minimax in war I contend your idea doesn't help. I entirely accept it would prevent the use of max troops on a, say, TH7 at the bottom of your roster, but who cares about that? Not me.

Can't help feeling I get your idea, but don't like it, while you don't understand my point at all ...
    Last edited by nobeone; November 21st, 2017 at 02:24 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by StormHeart View Post
    Sorry but that's probably the worst Idea I've seen to fix wars. I don't want wars restricted that way. The problems with your idea are obvious and like PapaTroll said, engineers, attack up. It does allow others to dip usually one or two levels. So you think that we should be unable to dip at all? It doesn't matter, no chance of this happening.

You know, I have ideas that I thought were good then later realized that was flawed. I can't point any fingers. I suspect everyone has been there.
    Seems like papa..you skip words when reading...where did i suggest dips where banned? ..the worst idea really...bold point m8 when it seems u dont understand the idea...if your clan is balanced with 2xth11s 2xth10s 10xth9s 1xth8...and the broken mm gives you 2 x 11s 7xth9.11s 3xth9s and 1x th11minimax...all the 9.11s roll the 9s and 10s np...my idea would allow them to be limited to th9 troops and spells making it a FAIR war hit...since the mm let the balanced clan down...how is that the worst idea ever?
    Last edited by Dangerscouse; November 21st, 2017 at 02:30 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nobeone View Post
    OK, OK, so you can't agree to disagree, I get that, but perhaps you would care to address the point:

How does forcing a TH11 engineered minimax to use only the troops of the TH level he attacks help when he attacks a TH11 in war?

Obviously it doesn't. Since this is one of the most potent issues with facing engineered minimax in war I contend your idea doesn't help. I entirely accept it would prevent the use of max troops on a, say, TH7 at the bottom of your roster, but who cares about that? Not me.

Can't help feeling I get your idea, but don't like it, while you don't understand my point at all ...
    Its very simple...the th11 is setup to defend from another th11 attack minimax or balanced..however a th9 or 10 is much more vulnerable...so engineers would be busy trying to clear the mid 9s who now they couldnt roll over as there advantage is negated..how many threads are there about clans having a th10 or 9 as there number 1...matching 9.11s with max troops?...to save u looking..there are several...so the only advantage an engineer would have is in farming

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerscouse View Post
    Seems like papa..you skip words when reading...where did i suggest dips where banned? ..the worst idea really...bold point m8 when it seems i dont understand the idea...if your clan is balanced with 2xth11s 2xth10s 10xth9s 1xth8...and the broken mm gives you 2 x 11s 7xth9.11s 3xth9s and 1x th11minimax...all the 9.11s roll the 9s and 10s np...my idea would allow them to be limited to th9 troops and spells making it a FAIR war hit...since the mm let the balanced clan down...how is that the worst idea ever?
    Wouldn't this encourage clans to perma-max at a certain TH level?
    Playing since December 2012
    Accounts:
    JFSoul; Colin's Fury; JS Navy; 5 TH10/9s
    "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time." Leo Tolstoy

Banned
    It might do but the mm could still penalise the engineer weight all while they roster a weaker easier to 3 base....engineering would stop instantly and defence would be king

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerscouse View Post
    It might do but the mm could still penalise the engineer weight all while they roster a weaker easier to 3 base....engineering would stop instantly and defence would be king
    It's an interesting idea. I don't think SC is in favor of defense over offense when it comes to clan wars, because (and this is my paraphrasing and inserting my opinion) defense is passive, and offense is active. Offense is more "fun," and if you had to give one aspect an edge, SC will give that edge to offense.

Nerfing offense in wars when you dip to a town hall would probably generate engineering in another format, either by favoring defense upgrades over offense, or some type of roster engineering. SC also seems to not want to do anything drastic. Engineering would be solved if you limited war attacks to just one each--but that would have other effects to the nature of clan wars that would be viewed as negative.
    Playing since December 2012
    Accounts:
    JFSoul; Colin's Fury; JS Navy; 5 TH10/9s
    "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time." Leo Tolstoy