Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: THE FOUR TOWERS - anti 3 star war base

HGHB through the tesla farm. Engage queen. Hogs from south and circle around to finish at the king.

Mind you, nobody really uses that attack at TH9 anymore (despite it still being one of the most effective vs most base designs)
    Last edited by Wympy; December 13th, 2017 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wympy View Post
    HGHB through the tesla farm. Engage queen. Hogs from south and circle around to finish at the king.

Mind you, nobody really uses that attack at TH9 anymore (despite it still being one of the most effective vs most base designs)
    Wympy, that is precisely why I moved a good deal of the spring traps to the tesla farm/WT compartment. HGHB leads with ~12 giants into the compartments, and the spring traps are placed so they will path over them.

I think your thinking is correct, however, in the fact that the weakness of the base is in some form of healer supported attack from the east side, most notably from a QW (though there may be enough dps on a QW to force a rage and ability before too many towers are taken out).

Quote Originally Posted by IIcarus View Post
    Used this design in our last war. I am an early th9 (two xbows, lvl 1, ADs level 7,7,6,4, ATs lvl 10, WTs lvl 4,3,1,1, and Teslas 5,3,3,2). This base was lavalooned 3 times (their #13,11, and 6), with the third attack finally getting two stars and 83%. I am our #13. My defensive CC was a baby drag, witch, and archers.

Their #3 (fully maxed th9) finally govaho'd me for 3 stars on the fourth attack.

This design really does wonders vs lavaloon, and actually did well against the govaho (the valks were routed outside after the first two compartments and took heavy damage).

Good results on the first war.
    Thank you for your feedback.
    That's exactly the purpose of the base: effective defense against top skilled laloon attacks, and still offer some challenge to ground attacks (unfortunately we can't defend against everything, but you should expect to defend against above average ground attackers). It's nice to hear it's working for you as intended.
    Ps: I wouldn't move more spring traps to the tesla farm compartment, because it would make the base too vulnerable to GOVAGO (with kill squad coming from the teslas). GOVAHO is far more popular than HGHB nowadays, so that should be the real concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Wympy View Post

HGHB would be a good choice to attack this base from where you pointed. But once you can't defend against all types of attacks, I chose to prioritize to counter the most popular attacks, like laloon (after all, this is an anti laloon base), and valkyries. Fortunately the attacker won't know where the teslas are placed on the first hit (most players will think the teslas are at the dead zones or at the king compartment).
    Last edited by CHANDRIANO; December 15th, 2017 at 02:48 PM.

Thank you very much I had my doubts but works pretty good

In short:

- Ks from 2 gets ways too much value.
    - Big compartments don't force jump spells.
    - Tesla farm does well against back-end troops, but not that well against the entry of a bigger ks.
    - The concept of a wt farm is outdated, because of too much healing value.
    - You shouldn't use a GB next to the bt because that gives as well too much heal value.
    - If there is no splash defence next to a GB and no further potential GB spot in the near of the first GB, then no healing spell is immediately forced.
    - Because bt is not in the near of ad next to the queen, she could be killed by raged skeleton spell, while a hound tanks her.
    - It should be possible for every ad on the right side, to be taken out by raged skeletons, because of the overall lack of splash damage defences on the right side of the base.
    - Some springs are only one-way springs, so they probably won't trigger.
    - Clumped up air bombs (especially in a wt farm) can easily be countered with a heal spell.
    - Double spring trap doesn't work well either.
    - No outer trash buildings will make a funnel into the base really easy.
    - Because of no outer trash buildings, hogs and loons can often be placed almost directly next to a defence, this makes the defence have less time to get damage done.
    - One sb is enough to kill wbs.
    - SBs should be one more tile away from the wall (the problem is that you don't have outer trash buildings so wbs can be placed directly next to the wall and sb can't properly kill them).
    - The outer king can be exploited, by trading it with one witch.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximilian99 View Post
    In short:

- Ks from 2 gets ways too much value.
    - Big compartments don't force jump spells.
    - Tesla farm does well against back-end troops, but not that well against the entry of a bigger ks.
    - The concept of a wt farm is outdated, because of too much healing value.
    - You shouldn't use a GB next to the bt because that gives as well too much heal value.
    - If there is no splash defence next to a GB and no further potential GB spot in the near of the first GB, then no healing spell is immediately forced.
    - Because bt is not in the near of ad next to the queen, she could be killed by raged skeleton spell, while a hound tanks her.
    - It should be possible for every ad on the right side, to be taken out by raged skeletons, because of the overall lack of splash damage defences on the right side of the base.
    - Some springs are only one-way springs, so they probably won't trigger.
    - Clumped up air bombs (especially in a wt farm) can easily be countered with a heal spell.
    - Double spring trap doesn't work well either.
    - No outer trash buildings will make a funnel into the base really easy.
    - Because of no outer trash buildings, hogs and loons can often be placed almost directly next to a defence, this makes the defence have less time to get damage done.
    - One sb is enough to kill wbs.
    - SBs should be one more tile away from the wall (the problem is that you don't have outer trash buildings so wbs can be placed directly next to the wall and sb can't properly kill them).
    - The outer king can be exploited, by trading it with one witch.
    - If skeleton spell worry you so much, just change the the barracks at the double canon compartment with the mortar next to it. The base will still be unlureable (even more than before) and the mechanics will be preserved. But I have to say: I never saw someone try skeleton spell on ADs at this base. By the way: skeleton spell won't destroy ADs near heroes. Skeletons will go for the hero.
    -If you don't use a jump spell in this base, your troops will get lost in the central square. All those buildings usually used to make funneling more difficult are at the center. This is a concept of this base: you exchange a hard funneling for a necessity to guide the troops inside the base correctly (any average player can funnel correctly, but many average players will get lost in the middle of the attack with troops spread in the central compartment).
    -the GB near BT was a later add. At first I used a double GB, but once I noticed DGB were not effective in this base, I decided to put it near the BT, once valkyries usually go straight for thay location. This was a decision based on empirical observation, not theory.
    - I lost count of how many people tried to use heal spell in this WT farm and lost their loons. The tesla farm and the red air traps are near WT farm exactly to make any heal spell ineffective. I agree that the tesla farm location make that part of the base too valuable for a kill squad, but that's the price we pay for having an amazing base against laloon.
    Last edited by CHANDRIANO; December 18th, 2017 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CHANDRIANO View Post
    - If skeleton spell worry you so much, just change the the barracks at the double canon compartment with the mortar next to it. The base will still be unlureable (even more than before) and the mechanics will be preserved. But I have to say: I never saw someone try skeleton spell on ADs at this base. By the way: skeleton spell won't destroy ADs near heroes. Skeletons will go for the hero.
    -If you don't use a jump spell in this base, your troops will get lost in the central square. All those buildings usually used to make funneling more difficult are at the center. This is a concept of this base: you exchange a hard funneling for a necessity to guide the troops inside the base correctly (any average player can funnel correctly, but many average players will get lost in the middle of the attack with troops spread in the central compartment).
    -the GB near BT was a later add. At first I used a double GB, but once I noticed DGB were not effective in this base, I decided to put it near the BT, once valkyries usually go straight for thay location. This was a decision based on empirical observation, not theory.
    - I lost count of how many people tried to use heal spell in this WT farm and lost their loons. The tesla farm and the red air traps are near WT farm exactly to make any heal spell ineffective. I agree that the tesla farm location make that part of the base too valuable for a kill squad, but that's the price we pay for having an amazing base against laloon.
    Barrack with mortar change should work.
    I wouldn't use a ks that is meant to get more value than the right comp, queen and the defs next to right comp. For that much value no jump spell is even more value.
    I don't see how loons die with haste heal over wt/tesla farm. With zap quaking one ad hounds could tank over there as well.
    There are also good anti Laloon bases without a wt farm and with hard to reach with ks tf.
    And all the other points I mentioned before are still viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximilian99 View Post
    Barrack with mortar change should work.
    I wouldn't use a ks that is meant to get more value than the right comp, queen and the defs next to right comp. For that much value no jump spell is even more value.
    I don't see how loons die with haste heal over wt/tesla farm. With zap quaking one ad hounds could tank over there as well.
    There are also good anti Laloon bases without a wt farm and with hard to reach with ks tf.
    And all the other points I mentioned before are still viable.
    WT + teslas + air traps + xbow overcome heal spell. That's how loons die.
    Zapquaking one AD, to tank tesla farm with hounds is a bold move. You will need to spend some rage/haste spells and do it in perfect timing, or loons will die as soon the hound reaches the far AD.
    I only see you able to do so if you take the AD next to queen... That means you will have a live queen far away from all remaining ADs in the end of the attack and probably no more spells left (you spent your spells Zapquaking and taking down the other ADs). Good luck with that.
    I don't say it won't work, but If you are able to 3 star this base this way, congratulations. You deserve it.
    About the other points, all I can say is that this base performs above average for ground attacks. It was made to be remarkably good against laloon, so some sacrifices were made against ground attacks. Ground traps (such as the double spring trap) were placed after testing. That is just the hog usual path, so that's where I placed them. Some possible spring places (in theory) are just never crowded by hogs. But feel free to change them if you like (just dont blame me if hogs destroy your base latter, lol).
    Ps: if you know any th9 base that red air traps trigger area is away from ADs reach and near WT/teslas, and still away from hounds possible path, please share with me. I don't even see a th9 base that isn't 3 stared by loons at least 20% of the time out there (of course, skill war level may vary).
    Really: I used this base for an year without been 3 stared by laloon at war (I mean laloon exclusively. I was 3 stared by golalo a couple of times).
    The thing is: after one year of testing at real wars, this base overcame all other anti laloon bases I know with a perfect score, and still did a decent job against ground attacks.
    That's why I really recommend anyone looking for an anti laloon base to give it a try.
    Last edited by CHANDRIANO; December 19th, 2017 at 12:50 AM.