Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1 segmet walls instead of 5 segment walls

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by KillerzrHere View Post
    No it wouldn't because the bombers still destroy the same amount of walls as long as you place it right. With the 5 segment walls you don't get to make the actual good bases and that is why people who play lose their battles against other people to many times. With the 1 segment walls it gives a better chance of win for both sides. Depending on the base design you could still win or could lose but the loss woundnt be as bad.
    Let me just check my calculations, but for now, it looks like there are exactly the same number of people who win as the number of people who lose.

There are just people who win more than they lose, they end up at the top of the Trophy Ladder.

People seem to get by with the 5 segment walls just fine.

/Affront
    TH12-65/65/40|BH9-16.16.16.18.16.17.18.16.18.18.13/30| Farm with US | full stats
    Recruiting

Banned
    I ignore this thread for few days and finally click on it lol

My view though, I believe changing of Walls from 5 to 1 will create a lot balancing issues. Because people are smart with designing a base that makes attacking difficult, and even could prevent high% like the main base.

But if there is any changes regarding walls, I would like to see weaker Bomber attack to Walls. It just make the Walls useless at all levels, it does not matter. The Walls are just now close to useless at this point, it just a place to dump Gold.

Quote Originally Posted by davepot02 View Post
    Lol it will kill the use of bomber's not only it's ability but the whole troop idea itself
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefillini View Post
    I can understand both sides of this equation. I personally don't care as I'm not a great base builder and am going to find a design I like to copy. It's actually quicker to build a base with the segments than individual pieces. I'd also think that the more builder hall levels we get the less an issue this will be.
    These sums it up for me. I prefer the 5 piece wall segments.

I think what the forum master said about a king switch would be a good idea. The king switch would allow people to choose between 1 wall segments and 5 piece wall segments. Have you thought of the fact that people who win also may want 1 segment walls more than 5 segment walls. Half the time people look up bases to get as good as they are. Also of times I see a bad person no offense have the same base as a really good person. I bet although the good people win alto they bate the fact that you can't make all those bases you thought of and now they are stuck with bases they don't like.
    Last edited by KillerzrHere; November 17th, 2017 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazeStormz123 View Post
    1 segment will really kill the use of bombers as their effectiveness will decrease when people will start protecting their inner walls with 1-1 pieces of walls all outside.
    This is the idea killer. The bomber’s extra damage ability is only on his first hit. If he hits an isolated piece of wall to no real effect, he may as well not have an ability at all. On BH7 max walls a BH7 bomber needs 3 shots with no ability (one with ability)... that would mean a lot of extra distraction required, or finding a wall section covered by no ground targeting defences. Basically individual wall pieces would break bombers.
    Chapter One #22V00CGY Level 16 International clan
    We welcome strong TH11 and TH12 adult players with big heros for relaxed fun warring, maxing bases and some pushing. Must know where the donate button is!

If there were 1 segment walls then just make the bombers do the same thing it usually does with 5 segment walls.

Keep it as is. I don't want to put any more thought into it than I have to. For what was originally sold as a mini game inside another game, please keep it as simple as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomville View Post
    This is the idea killer. The bomber’s extra damage ability is only on his first hit. If he hits an isolated piece of wall to no real effect, he may as well not have an ability at all. On BH7 max walls a BH7 bomber needs 3 shots with no ability (one with ability)... that would mean a lot of extra distraction required, or finding a wall section covered by no ground targeting defences. Basically individual wall pieces would break bombers.
    If they switched to 1 block wall segments they would have to change the bomber AI to favor closed compartments, just like they did on the main base for the same reason.

That said, I don't think there's any reason to change them, and I don't think they will. It would just mean we would see more subtle variations to the bracket base. :-)

i have asked many people who play clash of clans if they rather have 1 segment walls or 5 segment walls. They all said 1 segment walls for the same reason. IT LIMITS BASE DESIGN TO MUCH.
    Last edited by KillerzrHere; November 17th, 2017 at 10:46 PM.