Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The official war search 5vs5 thread..

The bases are not defenceless. Tingana is a not too bad town hall 9 (th9 level defences) in the number 1 spot. Take a look for yourself. In any case this is not a normal war. I was trying to determine how the war matching system sees these bases without the influence of the rest of our regular war members.

2 Hours to get a match, and at first glance it appears to have come out in my bases favour. Anyone interested can come and take a look.

By in my bases favour, I mean specifically, it has returned a set of bases that maxed miners and dragons can easily defeat. This was more to see, if in the matching algorithm, it would return a crazy near maxed town hall 11 at the enemy #1 spot as some sort of punishment. Also, remember, Supercell MUST be careful in this situation, while I farmed a lot of what is on these bases, I and others have spent a significant amount of money working within the constraints that Supercell laid in front of us. If they suddenly decide to punish me, and others for this, a lot of us will stop buying gems AND aggressively push for refunds.
    Last edited by ElPoderoso; November 15th, 2017 at 08:12 PM. Reason: clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Flobber View Post
    Did you start a new clan to try this experiment princess?
    No, just took them in as usual

Quote Originally Posted by divyansh3007 View Post
    We do like teasers. See you tomorrow for war. Good luck! 😏
    That's y'all?! Don't know that we have matched with anyone on the board before. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by ElPoderoso View Post
    The bases are not defenceless. Tingana is a not too bad town hall 9 (th9 level defences) in the number 1 spot. Take a look for yourself. In any case this is not a normal war. I was trying to determine how the war matching system sees these bases without the influence of the rest of our regular war members.

2 Hours to get a match, and at first glance it appears to have come out in my bases favour. Anyone interested can come and take a look.

By in my bases favour, I mean specifically, it has returned a set of bases that maxed miners and dragons can easily defeat. This was more to see, if in the matching algorithm, it would return a crazy near maxed town hall 11 at the enemy #1 spot as some sort of punishment. Also, remember, Supercell MUST be careful in this situation, while I farmed a lot of what is on these bases, I and others have spent a significant amount of money working within the constraints that Supercell laid in front of us. If they suddenly decide to punish me, and others for this, a lot of us will stop buying gems AND aggressively push for refunds.
    You can aggressively push all you want but you have zero chance at getting a refund if SC decides to drop a big engineering nerf. When they developed wars and made it bad to have defenses that people spent time and money on, did those people get a refund? Nope. The terms of service you agreed to say your account isn't really your account. Supercell owns it. Supercell has already lost a lot of money from players who have quit because of the war matchmaking problem. Additionally, the idea that engineering made SC money is very questionable given a good engineered account takes less time/money to make than a good maxed account. The only thing I think it encouraged from a gem purchases standpoint is I do think the matchmaker problems caused more people to create secondary accounts as a way to deal with (or exploit, depending on how you describe it) the matchamaker flaws.

All that said, thank you for running the test and filling us in and please note I do not think poorly of players with engineered accounts. After all, I have a few of my own.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Main clouds thread here. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My suggested legends changes found here. Although now I expect we will just wait for project blue skies. Fingers crossed.

I would be the first one to add everything left off of those bases, and start upgrading everything if the war matching system was actually fixed. But, to punish me, and others, for following through with what they setup (however possibly unintentional) is not acting in good faith.

.. I also don't want to be forced to try and go the refund route! I love this game and want it to continue. I've met so many awesome people! Thanks supercell staff!
    Last edited by ElPoderoso; November 15th, 2017 at 11:11 PM.

I would be the first one to add everything left off of those bases, and start upgrading everything if the war matching system was actually fixed. But, to punish me, and others, for following through with what they setup (however possibly unintentional) is not acting in good faith.

.. I also don't want to be forced to try and go the refund route! I love this game and want it to continue. I've met so many aweseom people! Thanks supercell staff!
    Taking away an advantage I currently have with an account that I used to exploit flaws in the matchmaker isn't punishment to me. SC has been making changes to the matchmaker ever since wars were introduced and no one has had the right to get a refund of gems when a change negatively impacts them. If SC drops a big engineering nerf, I am free to continue to war with that account at a disadvantage if I wish, much like the disadvantage maxed accounts have had in the past. They were free to keep warring at that disadvantage too. Unlike them, I can actually add defense to adjust to the changes. Maxed accounts could not take defenses away to adjust to the disadvantage certain defenses resulted in due to flaws in the matchmaker. If SC drops a big engineering nerf, there would be nothing forcing you to waste time and engergy trying to get a refund of gems that you have no right to get.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Main clouds thread here. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My suggested legends changes found here. Although now I expect we will just wait for project blue skies. Fingers crossed.

Refunds of purchases from google are related to the agreement between google and the purchaser and the relevant consumer protection laws that may or may not exist in the particular country the purchases were made. It has, in actuality, very little to do with other issues in most cases. I happen to live in a country with strong consumer protection laws. I am sure others do as well. But, this whole refund discussion is derailing the point of this thread.

I am also going to ignore the "exploiting flaws comment" as it is not productive in this context.

I hope others chime in and let us know what's what with their matches.
    Last edited by ElPoderoso; November 15th, 2017 at 11:26 PM.

Refunds of purchases from google are related to the agreement between google and the purchaser and the relevant consumer protection laws that may or may not exist in the particular country the purchases were made. It has, in actuality, very little to do with other issues in most cases. I happen to live in a country with strong consumer protection laws. I am sure others do as well. But, this whole refund discussion is derailing the point of this thread.

I am also going to ignore the "exploiting flaws comment" as it is not productive in this context.

I hope others chime in and let us know what's what with their matches.
    Exploiting flaws wasn’t meant to me negative. The matchmaker incorrectly weights certain items. When I decide not to build a specific defense I am exploiting the flaw to my advantage. Maybe it would be better to say “taking advantage” of the flaw. Anyway, I agree, I hope others chime in on what they are seeing in 5v5. Thank you for starting it up. My clan likes small wars, but I’m not sure when we will try our first 5v5. Maybe after a loss so we don’t have to worry about it messing up a streak.

Millennial Club

Hi ElPoderoso, I am interested to see it, my IGN Pattimura will join your clan, thx

By in my bases favour, I mean specifically, it has returned a set of bases that maxed miners and dragons can easily defeat...
    I think quite a few would be interested but not free to come take a look. Any chance that since it’s only 10 bases total involved that you could give us a run down on the offence and defence for each one on both your side and the enemy side?
    Chapter One #22V00CGY Level 16 International clan
    We welcome strong TH11 and TH12 adult players with big heros for relaxed fun warring, maxing bases and some pushing. Must know where the donate button is!