Thread: Less clans are warring?

Centennial Club

Less clans are warring?

Our last two wars we have been seen terrible matchups.

Our side, 3 th11, 6th10, 1 th9. In both wars we were matched against 9th11 with heros raninging from maxed to ones in 20s.

Most of their defenses were maxed th10 with no infernos, top 3 or 4 are max def with infernos, top 2 have ae. Is the search pool so empty that the MM would give up and throw is such a lousy match?

We're about to throw in the towel as well if we get another unfair match like this.
    Last edited by timeToLeave1; 5 Days Ago at 02:01 AM.

This isn’t a sign that less clans are warring so much as a sign that the matchmaker needs a bit more tweaking. SC have announced they are doing that very shortly - expect a maintenance break in the next day or so.
    Chapter One #22V00CGY Level 13 International clan
    We welcome strong TH10 and TH11 adult players with big heros for fun warring, maxing bases and some pushing. Active builder base, and must know where the donate button is!

Quote Originally Posted by timeToLeave1 View Post
    Our last two wars we have been seen terrible matchups.

Our side, 3 th11, 6th10, 1 th9. In both wars we were matched against 9th11 with heros raninging from maxed to ones in 20s.

Most of their defenses were maxed th10 with no infernos, top 3 or 4 are max def with infernos, top 2 have ae. Is the search pool so empty that the MM would give up and throw is such a lousy match?

We're about to throw in the towel as well if we get another unfair match like this.
    I have just checked through the bookmarked clans I have on my accounts (6 bases), many of these are former enemy clans we have had great battles with in the past which I have either stayed in contact with by hopping in occasionally for a chat, sometimes a war or two.

Of the 45 individual clans on my list that are level 10+, 5 of them have stopped warring since the august/september MM changes, 2 more of them have actually disbanded, 21 have dropped their back to back warring and now war once or twice per week (like our own clans), and tend to be a mixed bag of adults at various stages with a th spread from TH3 to TH11, who are playing for the social aspect of the game and enjoy warring against similar clans for fair war matches.

The rest are still warring without change in their routine (hardcore maxers/hardcore engineers).

I know this is a small sample but these are primarily adult based clans like ourselves, who are quite happy to get back to their real lives.

So it does seem that to answer OPs question, less clans seem to be warring as regular as they used to, if at all.
    Last edited by Flobber; 5 Days Ago at 08:02 AM.
    A qualified Engineer since 1985 - use engineering analysis and strategy in everything I do.

Is that a single target Ferno up there Ben? No Bill, it's just weeeeeeed.....

I have similar experience as flobber, have contacts in a number of clans that were active war clans, now not warring so much. However this may just be the normal cycle of many clans? They get together, get excited about war, win a few, lose a few, get better, get lvl 10 clan, get bored, war less? I don't have any actual statistics that would be proof one way or the other. My personal experience would say yes, fewer clans are warring, and I might also speculate that BH and the way engineering has dominated war for so long has driven many less dedicated to war to give it up, but it is just idle speculation . Might also be there are more warring just fewer like you so fewer in your match pool? I know not ... anybody got any real statistics to support or refute the OP?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomville View Post
    This isn’t a sign that less clans are warring so much as a sign that the matchmaker needs a bit more tweaking. SC have announced they are doing that very shortly - expect a maintenance break in the next day or so.
    But- it isn't a sign they aren't, either.

Personally, I think there are less clan warring. At least in regards to random war searches. The advent of FW automatically took some out of the search pool. Arranged wars, potlucks...clans frustrated with regular MM results- this lowers the pool. Then you have league play- that takes another segment out of the pool. You also have a segment of clans that have stopped warring altogether.

Unless somebody can show me numbers to the contrary- I think the war search pool is down quite a bit from where is was a year or so ago. And that doesn't help the MM one bit.

Level: 186 | TH10 | IGN: cnaf11

Quote Originally Posted by cnaf View Post
    But- it isn't a sign they aren't, either.

Personally, I think there are less clan warring. At least in regards to random war searches. The advent of FW automatically took some out of the search pool. Arranged wars, potlucks...clans frustrated with regular MM results- this lowers the pool. Then you have league play- that takes another segment out of the pool. You also have a segment of clans that have stopped warring altogether.

Unless somebody can show me numbers to the contrary- I think the war search pool is down quite a bit from where is was a year or so ago. And that doesn't help the MM one bit.
    I wouldn’t be surprised if you were correct on that. I was just pointing out OP’s title wasn’t borne out in the post body. Poor matching over a sustained period undoubtedly puts people off warring (which is why I think engineering under the old matchmaker was bad for the game), but as you say there are plenty of other factors at work too as explanations if the total numbers have dropped. In any case, let’s hope today’s matchmaker tweaking delivers better matching for OP.
    Chapter One #22V00CGY Level 13 International clan
    We welcome strong TH10 and TH11 adult players with big heros for fun warring, maxing bases and some pushing. Active builder base, and must know where the donate button is!

Quote Originally Posted by cnaf View Post
    I'm guessing this is accurate, probably for two reasons: (1) the game has been out a long time and all games have a shelf life, and (2) the state of the game and SuperCell's inability to address player concerns is pushing people away.

I'd tend to agree that the volume of players/clans warring is probably also down.

The introduction of 5v5 Wars?
    The dilution of War coverage on social media also seems real.
    It's hard to be objective of course without the data.
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 10 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...H8-s-to-TH11-s My spec: early TH11, 40/40/2

I think your problem may be 10v10. I have very good luck in 20v20 and 30v30 matches.

I know the theory is that because there are many clans in 10v10 that you have more chances of a good match. But the theory does not take into account the makeup of the 10v10 pool. New level one clans stocked with global hoppers, one man clans with manicured rosters, struggling clans on their way up, or down. The pool you are trying to match is just that tiny portion of the 10v10 with a war weight score lose to yours. That part of the pool is small, and with such a small war there is less to dilute the effects of engineering.

I recommend if you have the numbers that you try a bigger war and see if the match is still as lopsided.

Good luck.
    Last edited by PapaTroll; 4 Days Ago at 03:50 PM.
    Listen, and understand! That New Algorithm is out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pain. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop... ever, until your win streak is broken.