Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can I change my player tag?

Can I change my player tag?

I have got some idiot who sends me a friend request every day and it's really irritating. Even when I changed clans he still sends me the invitations so clearly searches for my player tag. I tried to ignore the request, but the red "1" in the corner of my game aggravates my OCD.

Alternatively, can't Supercell give us a way to permanently block these morons?
    Engineering is for woesies who don't have the patience and skill to max a base.

No you can't. Just ignore it
    I may not agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

We cannot change the player tag and i think help and support won't either change it for you. But i think in a future update there would be an option to turn off sending friend request because of issues like these being reported and we have to wait until then

I would accept him to get rid of it, then as soon as he pesters you with the inevitable clan invite just ignore that, as it won’t refresh over and over with the red exclamation mark the same annoying way friend requests do. Then unfriend him a few days later.

Alternatively, if you are more confrontational than I am, go to his clan on the invite and politely tell him to knock it off, totally unwanted, go away. Just keep it classy if you go that route, don’t use any intemperate language in his clan chat.
    Last edited by Tomville; 6 Days Ago at 01:55 PM.
    Chapter One #22V00CGY Level 13 International clan
    We welcome strong TH10 and TH11 adult players with big heros for fun warring, maxing bases and some pushing. Active builder base, and must know where the donate button is!

Quote Originally Posted by AxEgo View Post
    I have got some idiot who sends me a friend request every day and it's really irritating. Even when I changed clans he still sends me the invitations so clearly searches for my player tag. I tried to ignore the request, but the red "1" in the corner of my game aggravates my OCD.

Might get a ignore button to be added. Will seriously help those on leader board some players from mars indeed 😉

You could always do it to them. Send friend req if they reject keep doing it for a couple days. If they accept then remove them and request again for a couple days. See if that clues them in that its annoying.

I saw this idea in a different thread. Dont remember who mentioned it.
    Last edited by Tollboothwillie; 6 Days Ago at 06:32 PM.

Yes!!! Theres the answer, an ignore button please SC make one!? And one for my office 'colleagues' too , thanks awfully

The new CommunityRoyale forums, developed by TheBlastoise
    I hope SC adds some sort of ignore or block feature. I personally have not had this happen to me, but it has happened to lots of other players

Clash Royale Card Balance Discussion Discord Server: https://discord.gg/kCRFd5b
    Thx to evertonjeff for the sig pic, whose sig shop is closed.Huge Star Wars fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterCal
    Don't tell my real life crush I'd marry a pixelated girl with a weapon. . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Siddmaster
    don't tell the Musketeer that you'd date your RL crush over her. She has a gun after all

Here is a thread I created on the same subject a couple months ago:

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...ker%29-feature

I'm not sure what kind of action they took against the offender, but they must have done something as I have not received another friend request from him. I'm guessing support sent him an in-game message to knock it off, or they may have even given a temporary ban for abusing the feature.

I would reccomend taking the same approach, just continue to report the player to in-game support.

Good luck.
    I finally figured out how to edit my signature. You DON'T click on "my profile." Just click on settings. Weird.

Forum Champion

I've reported a couple of pesky repeat-requesters to in-game support, and they have always taken care of the problem.

I believe that it is important to report these repeat-requesters to flood in-game support with shouts for help .. that way, it will be come a a business decision to implement an "ignore" button, to let players handle it themselves and free up in-game support time.

Follow the money, act accordingly. :-)

/Affront
    TH11-45/45/20|BH7-14.14.9.14.12.13.1.14.2.0/11| Farm with US | full stats