Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: War search at 6+ hours and counting ...

Quote Originally Posted by Flobber View Post
    We are an all adult group of clans, and it's great as an adult in this game to find somewhere for some adult conversation without the drama, hence we have casual players, newbies etc. Many of them are not "Real Gamers" and want to play a social game, try some strategy and have fun. We have had to leave many of these out of wars to get a timely and fair match since the update and go for the 10v10 option.

This is not good for those casual players, and since Sept we have lost a number as they cannot get involved as they did pre update.
    You altered your roster, trying to get a match that you liked. You benched players who wanted to war so you could drop down to 10v10. They got fed up and left. You blame the matchmaker.

I made no changes. I run wars as big as I can. If you made both attacks last war I put you in next war. I do everything "wrong" according to the forums. Big wars. Big spread. Engineers. Point 5s. Rushers. Fillers. Anchors. We match in 20 to 40 minutes. Never perfect, but close enough that the fortunes of war decide the score. The 99% attack, the 49% 1 star, the troll Tessa in the corner, the double giant bomb as bowlers jump the first wall, the clock ticking down as AQ chews through the wall towards the last building...I love this game.

Let everyone play and have some fun. The matchmaker isn't so bad. Even if it is, by the law of averages you will be the one with the advantage stage half the time.
    Listen, and understand! That New Algorithm is out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pain. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop... ever, until your win streak is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post
    You altered your roster, trying to get a match that you liked. You benched players who wanted to war so you could drop down to 10v10. They got fed up and left. You blame the matchmaker.

I made no changes. I run wars as big as I can. If you made both attacks last war I put you in next war. I do everything "wrong" according to the forums. Big wars. Big spread. Engineers. Point 5s. Rushers. Fillers. Anchors. We match in 20 to 40 minutes. Never perfect, but close enough that the fortunes of war decide the score. The 99% attack, the 49% 1 star, the troll Tessa in the corner, the double giant bomb as bowlers jump the first wall, the clock ticking down as AQ chews through the wall towards the last building...I love this game.

Let everyone play and have some fun. The matchmaker isn't so bad. Even if it is, by the law of averages you will be the one with the advantage stage half the time.
    The matchmaker is awful, that's why we are loosing players, many of them don't want to war anymore!

We just came of of a 7 loss run, our worst ever in 3 years, we are trying to adapt to the matchmaking by getting new town halls to drop defences early. I am glad you are getting good war matches in big wars, because we are getting stupid wars 2xTH11 vs 10xTH11 for example. Those dropping to the baby clan are happy to, I just made the suggestion to keep the clan family chat alive
    A qualified Engineer since 1985 - use engineering analysis and strategy in everything I do.

Is that a single target Ferno up there Ben? No Bill, it's just weeeeeeed.....

Quote Originally Posted by Flobber View Post
    The matchmaker is awful, that's why we are loosing players, many of them don't want to war anymore!

We just came of of a 7 loss run, our worst ever in 3 years, we are trying to adapt to the matchmaking by getting new town halls to drop defences early. I am glad you are getting good war matches in big wars, because we are getting stupid wars 2xTH11 vs 10xTH11 for example. Those dropping to the baby clan are happy to, I just made the suggestion to keep the clan family chat alive
    Found your problem.
    Listen, and understand! That New Algorithm is out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pain. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop... ever, until your win streak is broken.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomville View Post
    The other clans reporting very long search times mostly have in common that they are both roster engineering with low th filler and base engineering on top of that. You’d match faster leaving the th 3, 4 and 7 lowbies out of the roster.
    Yes, those low TH's, how dare they want to war with us? Perhaps SC needs to ban them from war until they are at least TH7. Haha.
    Last edited by iBork; 4 Days Ago at 10:11 PM.
    Leader of Fortress X
    https://www.clashofstats.com/clans/fortress-x-2QJ99CGP/members

"The value of a datum or a field of data is modified by the viewpoint of the observer."

Quote Originally Posted by iBork View Post
    Yes, those low TH's, how dare they want to war with us? Perhaps SC needs to ban them from war until they are at least TH7. Haha.
    The question is though, how many clans will have a roster like OP's? Maybe there's plenty, but 5 TH11s and no TH10s makes me doubtful. SC can't magic an opponent into existence - they can only return ones which are searching.
    TH9.5 | 2000+ war stars | Trophy record as TH9: 4579 (rank #4141, #67 in UK); as a 9.5: 5282
    XX: 5300+ | FF: 1900+ | AA 200+ | GG/EE/HH: who's counting?
    Forum cup organiser. The forum cup discord server is: https://discord.gg/KEUxV2e

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OnyxDS View Post
    The question is though, how many clans will have a roster like OP's? Maybe there's plenty, but 5 TH11s and no TH10s makes me doubtful. SC can't magic an opponent into existence - they can only return ones which are searching.
    Why would what type of roster you have cause you to not find wars? We never had that problem before. The problem is the MM has become too selective, too restrictive, and yet, still stinks. Nothing has been fixed and now some clans can't even find wars. How is that better?
    Leader of Fortress X
    https://www.clashofstats.com/clans/fortress-x-2QJ99CGP/members

"The value of a datum or a field of data is modified by the viewpoint of the observer."

Quote Originally Posted by iBork View Post
    Why would what type of roster you have cause you to not find wars?
    Because when SC had "must match" as a priority it enabled roster engineering. We'd all prefer perfection from the matchmaker of course, but short of that benching your th3s and th4s doesn't seem like much of a price to pay. They'll be th7 before you know it, unless they're not progressing for some reason.
    Level 10 Adult War Clan METAMUCIL.
    And some of us are old enough that its not just a funny word...
    Metamucil keeps the red out of our logs. Small wars, great record, low pressure.
    War Record - https://cocp.it/clan/82GJJV2J