Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Supercell - are we wasting our time?

Quote Originally Posted by ryryshouse View Post
    I figure those 40k bases with max drag and level 5 warden will start pulling in th7 instead of th6? Phew
    Hee hee hee ... this! This!

I, for one, have grown weary of chasing the matchmaker. Several years ago, our in progress 8s and 9s would get matched with fully maxed 8s and 9s. We were constantly outmatched, so we lessened our war participation while we maxed our own bases. As soon as we did that, the matchmaker changed, and the engineer run began. Our max bases were now working against us, as we matched with engineers with lower clan weights, but several more max offenses bases than we had at the top of the order. So, again, we worked to balance this mismatch, by upgrading some .5 bases and 1 or 2 more engineered bases. Now the matchmaker has changed yet again, and we, as we have been each time before, are on the wrong side of it. Because of our attempts to level the original engineer playing field (that SC permitted to go on a long time) we are now considered an engineering clan, and get matched with clans with 2 or more bases with max offense than we possess (often in the form of minimax bases at the bottom of the order).

All we want is an even match up, but SC keeps (untimely) moving the goalpost. We have some talented attackers in our clan, 9s who can wipe 9s and 10s that can wipe 10s, but now we continually face clans that are able to hit down on every single attack (save the 11s, obviously). War is no fun, and I've run out of patience.

A

Wherever "sneak peak" is being improperly used...
    Quote Originally Posted by OnyxDS View Post
    A hint - 9.5s got absolutely hammered by the update more than any other type of base (I agree it sucks - they were fun). Try a war without the 9.5s, and then watch the infernos miraculously appear in the 9.5s when they see the difference.
    Or watch them all hit upgrade on the town hall button...

If your 9.5s are adequate attackers at th10 - which isnt too difficult, since th10 offense is pretty weak offensively - they can manage with infernos placed. If not, be ready for a culture shock of facing more infernos and still having a 1+ warden disadvantage.

If th9.5s are at the anchor positions in a clan, issues will arise in pulling 9.11s. If there are full th11s/10s over top of the 9.5s, matches are usually manageable.
    IGN: Sneak Peak; TH10 - Lvl 185; 1072 War *s; GG 1.4b; EE 1.6b; HH 9.5m; FIN 375k;
    40/40 BK/AQ [last updated 8/8/17]

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by GulMaset View Post
    I, for one, have grown weary of chasing the matchmaker. Several years ago, our in progress 8s and 9s would get matched with fully maxed 8s and 9s. We were constantly outmatched, so we lessened our war participation while we maxed our own bases. As soon as we did that, the matchmaker changed, and the engineer run began. Our max bases were now working against us, as we matched with engineers with lower clan weights, but several more max offenses bases than we had at the top of the order. So, again, we worked to balance this mismatch, by upgrading some .5 bases and 1 or 2 more engineered bases. Now the matchmaker has changed yet again, and we, as we have been each time before, are on the wrong side of it. Because of our attempts to level the original engineer playing field (that SC permitted to go on a long time) we are now considered an engineering clan, and get matched with clans with 2 or more bases with max offense than we possess (often in the form of minimax bases at the bottom of the order).

All we want is an even match up, but SC keeps (untimely) moving the goalpost. We have some talented attackers in our clan, 9s who can wipe 9s and 10s that can wipe 10s, but now we continually face clans that are able to hit down on every single attack (save the 11s, obviously). War is no fun, and I've run out of patience.

A
    And maybe this is SC’s master plan. Make the mm random, force people to progress toward end game. The only truly never at a disadvantage are maxed th11 clans. The rest, Half are happy, half unhappy, but this changes every time they tweak the match.

Maybe more accurate 25% happy, 25% unhappy, 50% clueless. The more you need to upgrade, change your strategy, the more active you are. The more active, more likely to gem something. Economics.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripple1972 View Post
    And maybe this is SC’s master plan. Make the mm random, force people to progress toward end game. The only truly never at a disadvantage are maxed th11 clans. The rest, Half are happy, half unhappy, but this changes every time they tweak the match.

Maybe more accurate 25% happy, 25% unhappy, 50% clueless. The more you need to upgrade, change your strategy, the more active you are. The more active, more likely to gem something. Economics.
    Well this the carrot and stick approach.

The problem is most people know that you should progress offense toward end game at this point.

The carrot should be cheaper times on defenses upgrades (gems = time, so time is money )

The stick should be huge mm penalty for imbalance.

Don't see them doing either. They launched night mode and brawl stars

As always, some sage words of advice from some seasoned forum types.... and the blues brothers of tom, onyx and nerfed - good to see! I have been playing as a th10 for ages now with my main account - it is maxed defensively tho heroes and walls still are a work in progress.... hence know the th10 game reasonably well. Due to that in the past matchmaker algorithms, my th10 often drew 10.5 opponents in the top war slot - i am a bit gun shy to start dropping infernos in my 9.5 accounts just yet... will wait and see what the next update tweaks bring.

Being a bit slow at times.... i keep seeing people refer to calculated defense values... could someone please direct me as to where such tables/charts exist? Is there something similar for attack strength? I would love to compare our matchups of the last few wars, maybe see where we can tweak our clan here and there (eeeeesh.... sounds like i might be trying to actively engineer - can't beat em, join them?).
    Th10, lv172 BK32/AQ35, War stars 1017
    Th9.5, lv151 BK40/AQ40, War stars 1257
    Th9.5, lv136 BK30/AQ31, War stars 1411

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by StorErik View Post
    As always, some sage words of advice from some seasoned forum types.... and the blues brothers of tom, onyx and nerfed - good to see! I have been playing as a th10 for ages now with my main account - it is maxed defensively tho heroes and walls still are a work in progress.... hence know the th10 game reasonably well. Due to that in the past matchmaker algorithms, my th10 often drew 10.5 opponents in the top war slot - i am a bit gun shy to start dropping infernos in my 9.5 accounts just yet... will wait and see what the next update tweaks bring.

Being a bit slow at times.... i keep seeing people refer to calculated defense values... could someone please direct me as to where such tables/charts exist? Is there something similar for attack strength? I would love to compare our matchups of the last few wars, maybe see where we can tweak our clan here and there (eeeeesh.... sounds like i might be trying to actively engineer - can't beat em, join them?).
    The calculated defensive weights are generally measured by the amount of total gold in storage for war or friendly challenge. I.e. Start a fc, have someone click on a gold storage, multiply that number by number of gold storages plus th. So, for a max th10, you would get 18,000 * 5 = 90,000 or 90. 4 gold storage plus Th.

The offensive weight is hidden, but the generally accepted best guess is look at the defensive weight of your initial recommended war target. If your target’s def weight (calculate above) is 85, then your offense is 85. This needs refinement as there may not be an exact match, so track the values over a few wars.