Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Supercell - are we wasting our time?

Supercell - are we wasting our time?

Sorry people..... but after 2 months of this matchmaker farce they called an improvement. Drawing 9.11's and 10.11's against our 9.5 and 9 lineup more or less every war.... Seeing post after post by the blue name brigade (value your input guys - we all see you are trying to help), but virtually nothing from the orange army (avoiding us war crowd due to us being somewhat cranky?). One must ask - are we just blunting our thumbs here?

Darian looked to be seeing our pain and started some science backed postie.... but after a couple of weeks now and no love from the boffins behind the logarithms from hell... myself and my clan mates are at wits end. Now being from Sweden, i know that life in that 1h time zone across the baltic is kinda cold, dark and miserable right now - but seriously.... just fire up that percolator of bitter blackness (coffee people, coffee), knuckle down for the day and fix this. Can you not see - you are driving people away from the game that pay for your sauna renovations.... the people who have stuck by you for years despite several ooopsies (dec 2015 still rankles). Show some sisu and either right the wrongs or at least (for the short term) roll back your formulations of doom to the one that kinda worked back in August.

Do it... do it now.... or i will forever boycot K-Rauta, Mintu, and Lynx (i love my X-trim.... but right now i am seriously thinking of going full Canadian).
    Th10, lv172 BK32/AQ35, War stars 1017
    Th9.5, lv151 BK40/AQ40, War stars 1257
    Th9.5, lv136 BK30/AQ31, War stars 1411

No, I don’t think we are wasting our time, so much as that it’s hard for them to be nimble on complex things - but we’ve certainly seen them trying to become more so with this new MM and already two lots of tweaking to make it better. There is a little orange ray of hope in Anoushka’s post presently stickied in general, where underneath the 5v5 war introduced it says:

Quote Originally Posted by Anoushka[Supercell] View Post
    Additionally, the next maintenance will bring further matchmaking improvements to Clan Wars (including a slightly higher attack weight for the Grand Warden).
    While we have no details it does say “improvements” plural and specify that one of these is an individual item weight tweak. No idea the size of that tweak but it’s one that will hit the .11 source of your present pain. Hit them hard enough - who knows? - but whether or not it still shows willingness to head that direction.
    Last edited by Tomville; 4 Days Ago at 09:52 PM.
    Chapter One #22V00CGY Level 13 International clan
    We welcome strong TH10 and TH11 adult players with big heros for fun warring, maxing bases and some pushing. Active builder base, and must know where the donate button is!

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomville View Post
    No, I don’t think we are wasting our time, so much as that it’s hard for them to be nimble on complex things - but we’ve certainly seen them trying to become more so with this new MM and already two lots of tweaking to make it better. There is a little orange ray of hope in Anoushka’s post presently stickied in general, where underneath the 5v5 war introduced it says:

While we have no details it does say “improvements” plural and specify that one of these is an individual item weight tweak. No idea the size of that tweak but it’s one that will hit the .11 source of your present pain. Hit them hard enough - who knows? - but whether or not it still shows willingness to head that direction.
    I figure those 40k bases with max drag and level 5 warden will start pulling in th7 instead of th6? Phew

Millennial Club
    It is a mobile video game, so if you are playing this and not working, spending time with family, friends, reading, learning, pretty much anything, you

are wasting your time.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripple1972 View Post
    It is a mobile video game, so if you are playing this and not working, spending time with family, friends, reading, learning, pretty much anything, you

are wasting your time.
    Ya got to do something while popping a squat though. Luckily they are making it easy for me to ease out

Quote Originally Posted by ryryshouse View Post
    I figure those 40k bases with max drag and level 5 warden will start pulling in th7 instead of th6? Phew
    Priceless......

Definitely sympathize OP, wars have gotten well out of hand (ignoring a glaring problem for 18+ months will often do this).

Thankfully they appear to be working on it more seriously now. As an aside, you might be well served Erik by getting rid of the THx.5s, have them plant their full defenses. It has been my experience that ridding ones clan of anything even remotely engineered aids in pulling opponents that aren’t engineered as well. We had one stinker of a match a few days ago, but most of ours have been pretty good since getting our THx.5 holdouts to drop D. Or sit them in the meantime if you aren’t prepared to fully commit, and see what your matchups look like
    Last edited by nerfedname; 3 Days Ago at 12:09 AM.
    TH11 - Lvl 191 - AQ45 - BK45 - GW20
    Quote Originally Posted by fette View Post
    Is 'jog' in AppStore or google play? I don't seem to find it.
    Click HERE to find out more about "Nerfedname's 'weight tax'" for war MM

Signature by Gutodh

Quote Originally Posted by StorErik View Post
    Drawing 9.11's and 10.11's against our 9.5 and 9 lineup more or less every war....
    A hint - 9.5s got absolutely hammered by the update more than any other type of base (I agree it sucks - they were fun). Try a war without the 9.5s, and then watch the infernos miraculously appear in the 9.5s when they see the difference.
    TH9.5 | 2000+ war stars | Trophy record as TH9: 4579 (rank #4141, #67 in UK); as a 9.5: 5282
    XX: 5300+ | FF: 1900+ | AA 200+ | GG/EE/HH: who's counting?
    Forum cup organiser. The forum cup discord server is: https://discord.gg/KEUxV2e

Quote Originally Posted by ryryshouse View Post
    Given a comment Darian made a few days back about an engineering “trick” being only upgrading one offence (it seemed a curious example to use at the time), I’m guessing one of the unspecified plural improvements Anoushka mentioned targets exactly that pain point, in addition to the bump to warden weight in synergy. Crack down enough on those matching parameters for allowable lopsidedness and that base may well continue to match th6... but only th6 level defence on a base with equivalent offence to their own. DragonGodzRock, say hi to your new same playstyle friend CrusherYolo.
    Last edited by Tomville; 3 Days Ago at 01:55 AM.
    Chapter One #22V00CGY Level 13 International clan
    We welcome strong TH10 and TH11 adult players with big heros for fun warring, maxing bases and some pushing. Active builder base, and must know where the donate button is!

you really should consider having the 9.5s in your clan drop infernos or trying some wars without them at the very least. that might fix your issue.

we rarely ever see 9.11s
    Co-Leader of Monkey Bizness. Lv 15 constant war clan. #GV228Q9
    The Frosty Trinity
    Blaze - TH11 - K45/Q45/W20
    Fire - TH10 - K35/Q40
    Inferno - TH10 - K35/Q40