Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TH7 is So Unfair to BH6 :)

BH6 is to BH7 as TH8 is to TH9. At any town hall/builder hall level when a new camp is introduced, the immediate lower town hall/builder hall suffers massively. Just part of the game.

I have never maxed my main BH base. The ones I don't play on will max at BH4. :P

I do get the point. I also see people rushing to quickly. I have three starred BH7 when I was a BH6 and that is too rushed.

Even the new BH7 didn't fully max at BH5 but it was highly developed. I took it to six when all elixir upgrades where done. I don't see the point in sitting there when your elixir can't be spent anymore.

I understand why people rush, I am not trying to get to the leaderboard. I don't care about that at all. I'm not going to gem my BH. Those on the leaderboard generally do. I have better things to do with money. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Noctaire View Post
    I think you might be missing the point - the game is designed to be played in a certain way. In this particular case, it's designed to be played with what one might call "strategic rushing" of your game. There's zero benefit to maxing each level; instead, players should move up to the next level as soon as they have everything new down and upgraded to a reasonable level, along with key troops upgraded. The goal is to reach max loot (above 4000 cups) so you can advance your game quickly. If someone chooses to play different from the game's design and how the majority of the playerbase plays, then they will have issues.

Case in point - you say you'd prefer to max but realized at BH6 with BH7 in the wild that this just did not make sense. For anyone who wants to be competitive, it doesn't make sense beyond BH4 at the latest. That's not really a personal opinion either - it's the design of the game.

That's why you'll hear other players saying things like the above.

Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights

Forum Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by StormHeart View Post
    I can be very harsh and blunt but as I've aged, I've gotten better, I hope. Trying to remember what someone said about my messages once. I excel at verbal combat. He said something like "Your tongue slashes like a knife. I have seen it, I don't want to do combat with you." :P I had to restrain myself when I replied with you. Age has taught me to do a LITTLE better.

It's just not accurate to say the walls don't matter if I'm not in 4K trophies. The walls will help me get there.

I only play BB on one account now. I might do two but I doubt it.

Since I don't spend money on it I will get up there later than many. I'm not in a race. I'm not competing with anyone but myself.

I do know that the majority think that rushing is always the best. I don't agree. But there are exceptions. A new camp is worth rushing. And I did rush. I will have a level four crusher in a few hours. The other one is only level 5.

I find the roaster to be more important. Bring that night witch spam on, I love it. No bombs in the corner. Don't need them. there is one way I can be two starred with them though. Most don't get one star.

I almost never see Barb attacks and I follow the BB forum enough to know that people are complaining about them? Why are they complaining? They are complaining because of their walls. I laugh at raging barbarians. :P

I said I don't spend money on BH but I could not resist the special offer at BH7. I needed the gems for CoC or I wouldn't have done it then. But, getting that camp was much easier with my elixir filled way past max. That level 4 mega cannon is not hurting matters either.

I am not that good at BH. I have a clanmate that has got his BH6 much higher than I did. Around 2800.

I've won my last 8 attacks. I won't raid with a defense down so no raiding today. Crusher is down.

The other accounts are mostly BH4. I only check them to boost and the clock towers. I have no interest in raiding with them because of the massive mismatches in the current system. It needs to be changed now that the game has matured a bit. I understood in the beginning that it needed to be just trophies but now with larger THs in the mix, I think it needs to be a LITTLE bit based on BH level. The frustration level for a BH4 is probably making many quit rather than rush.

I do see a lot of people rushing and gemming troops. I'm not going to gem in BH. These days, I only gem cooking troops. Rarely do I gem anything else.

I war with about 4 of the accounts. It does get a little crazy with all those war attacks. Most of the time I have four in wars. It's going to go up to 5 in a couple of months though.

We have a star TH9 that will be going to TH10. When he does, my TH9 will need to war more often. It's fully maxed except for level 2 xbows. I don't take my nine when he is in. We don't want two max 9s to draw a high level TH10. I also have a TH10 that will join him in wars. Don't want to leave him hanging there alone.

Most of the accounts were built when our clan needed more of a certain base. Now, because of engineering, we war with only 10 so I don't need them all. I have warred with probably 10 of the accounts on a regular bases. That wore me out!

I hate the few minutes before a TH9 attack. The stress is just too high. I suspect a TH10 is going to be worse.

War with a reasonably developed TH9 is a breeze because you actually do have a good chance at 3 starting your opponent. At TH10 it takes a lot more effort which is why TH10 and TH11s included in war is a 2 star fest. (assuming equal levels on both sides and no dip attacks).

Anyhu .. I notice that you believe that there are some massive mistakes in the current BB trophy system and I simply have to address that.. there is no way around it, sorry.

NO. The Trophy Ladder System is self-regulating and will, sort/order players according to base strengt (with a lower wight on player skill) and base design.

All the bases, from BH1 to BH7 are (more or less) sorted in that order up the Trophy Ladder. And that is how it is intended.

If BH level was taken into consideration, we would se BH4s roam the higher trophy ranges, hauling in maximum loot by basically beating each other senseless.

With the system in place, there is a limit to which a BH4 can rise. A fully maxed out BH4 player, working successfully on his walls, MIGHT be able to get the best of some BH5s every day, but BH5s would be all this BH4 player would ever meet.

I usually say that the Trophy Ladder system is "Layered" (like fluids with different mass stacked in a tall glass) .. the different layers represent the different BH levels and if you shake the system, each fluid (BH) will eventually return to it's own layer.

In the border between layers, the TOP of one layer rests against the BOTTOM of another layer .. that's why the strongest BH4s meet only BH5s in battle (the weakest BH5s)

On the Builder Base, there is a huge difference between the BH levels. After upgrading your BH you will be able to plop down a lot of new structures almost immediately, which will set you apart from the BH level below you, and you will float a bit up through the "layer" as you win more attacks than you lose. That is why it is a very, very sound strategy to rush on BH .. if only to get another collector level and get a bit of extra resources THAT way, every day, but, the extra buildings will bring you to another bonus level almost right away.

Anyhu, the Trophy Ladder System actually does work, even though a lot of people don't understand it. Basically .. if you are matched with somebody with a higher BH than yourself, you are awesome (or they are NOT) either way, if you win, you are even more awesome and closer to the top of your "Layer".

On a different note .. The start of BH resource packs are priced in such a way that people are likely to buy 1 or 2 packs for their favourite accounts .. but NOT for all 12 accounts they might have. In short .. there will be plenty of people to fight with, as long as you don't hold any plans about being in the 6K Trophy range .. that's reserved for Maxed out BH7s (i.e. people who spend a good chunk of change on the game and have a nice skill level to boot.)

/Affront
    TH11-45/45/20|BH7-14.14.9.14.12.13.1.14.2.0/11| Farm with US | full stats

The main problem is that the main game, the lower level is unfairly given advantages that they don't deserve. TH9 is so unfair to TH10 because you can train almost the same troops and have almost the same amount of power, likewise TH10 to TH11. If there were more significant advantages, you won't be hearing the maxing mantra as loudly as now.

Imagine that every single TH level, your troop space increases by 20% and troop strength increases by 50%. The new defenses introduced will decimate any lower level troop (infernos 150dps, but countered by 1k hp hogs or 2k hp giants). People would not hesitate to upgrade their TH early just to gain that easy advantage over the lower level

Most don't get one star.
    from a high of 2670 I am now taking advantage of BH6 like the BH7 did to me.

I'd beg to differ. One can stand to gain much from the advice of others. 'Age' should have told you so.

I have never maxed my main BH base. The ones I don't play on will max at BH4. :P

I do get the point. I also see people rushing to quickly. I have three starred BH7 when I was a BH6 and that is too rushed.

Even the new BH7 didn't fully max at BH5 but it was highly developed. I took it to six when all elixir upgrades where done. I don't see the point in sitting there when your elixir can't be spent anymore.

I understand why people rush, I am not trying to get to the leaderboard. I don't care about that at all. I'm not going to gem my BH. Those on the leaderboard generally do. I have better things to do with money. :P
    If getting to the endgame quickly and efficiently is not your goal, then spending more time at each level is not really detrimental to gameplay. I’ve often said there’s no requirement to not max and I near max my own games (everything but walls, typically). The things that pushed my games on are similar - running out of upgrades (spilling elixir), the fifth Army Camp, certain troops.... I definitely do NOT advocate the hyper-rush.

We get a lot of people on the forums who complain about going up against higher level players. In these cases, the answer is usually to upgrade levels. IMNSHO, the fifth Army Camp At BH7 has largely rendered BH6 obsolete; because the two overlap so heavily in the trophy ranges, there’s no sense remaining at BH6 very long, save for required upgrades/deployments. I literally skip it now, remaining long enough only to upgrade storages and my key troop.
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG20YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.

Going up against BH7 as a BH6 would only be unfair if the BH6 were unable to upgrade. And of course this is clearly not the case.

whats up with all this "strategic rushing" thing in BH forums? am i the only one here who thinks mindless rushing is the way to go? lol

Quote Originally Posted by arpithmania View Post
    whats up with all this "strategic rushing" thing in BH forums? am i the only one here who thinks mindless rushing is the way to go? lol
    LOL

FWIW, I hate even calling it "rushing"; it's just not the same on the BB as it is on the main game. I guess the same, basic rules can be applied but the reality is that the two games are so different, at a basic level....
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG20YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.

Th11 is so unfair to th10
    So I'm in legend league and keep been attacked by th 11. Matchmaking shouldn't match different TH levels