Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Quick Matchups, Always Fair, ... hereís how we do it now...

I dropped all engineered bases and .5s and BOOOM ... a run of terrible matches against engineered and .5 bases that demoralised the clan. I am really glad it works for you, it doesn't work for all ... but I do have to say got what I consider a fair match last war, no engineered or .5, but that is one in I don't want to know how many ...

There is an old joke about wearing copper earrings to prevent tiger attacks. A guy in Omaha did it for three years and was never eaten by a tiger.

It is called the placebo effect.

If you believe it is working, keep doing it.

But there are the same engineered clans in the match pool whether you adjust your roster or let everyone play. If your clan scores close to another clan you will match, based on scores, not on superstitious roster manipulation.
    Listen, and understand! That New Algorithm is out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pain. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop... ever, until your win streak is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by TankSinatra View Post
    Its clearly working for a lot of people. Its clearly not working for some people. I can't pick out the common thread as to how that happens. Spin size? Average weight? Is it true maxxers (high heroes/walls/etc) still getting hosed?
    !00% agree- with up close and personal results to show. Works for some- maybe many...but not all. Not by a long shot.

And yes, I believe its the true maxxers (completely maxed, not kinda or approaching) that catch the short end of the MM stick.

Level: 186 | TH10 | IGN: cnaf11

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by cnaf View Post
    !00% agree- with up close and personal results to show. Works for some- maybe many...but not all. Not by a long shot.

And yes, I believe its the true maxxers (completely maxed, not kinda or approaching) that catch the short end of the MM stick.
    Not sure about that. The rate for these huge th imbalances seems to plague the clan I am in with a few .5 or eng bases way worse then the clan running maxed bases.

My 2 clans is a small sample though so it hard to argue definitely on this. The clan where I have the 62k th10 currently has 5 th11 with 5 eas against like 20th11. Only 6 eas though.

Again it looks as if offense isn't used as max troops have no impact on the match.

Adding anchors is the only insurance policy that shields you from impact.

Quote Originally Posted by nobeone View Post
    I dropped all engineered bases and .5s and BOOOM ... a run of terrible matches against engineered and .5 bases that demoralised the clan. I am really glad it works for you, it doesn't work for all ... but I do have to say got what I consider a fair match last war, no engineered or .5, but that is one in I don't want to know how many ...
    How big is the spread of townhall, top to bottom. How many in your lineup?

If more than three (i.e., 11 to 9), you're signalling that you may be trying to manipulate the matchmaking...and will get matched to an engineered clan. Also, harder to match larger clans because the pool is smaller.

We are generally running 25v25 wars, th11 to th8, roster typically a couple of th11, a couple or three th10, perhaps four to six th9, perhaps bottom 15 are th8? I really am not trying to roster engineer, actually I leave out th7s we have in the clan. Hard to see how a mixed th clan can war and not hit this issue if anything more than three th spread is "considered" roster engineering??? I know others have commented here that th11 to th8 is too big a spread ... equally others have said they war with something similar and generally get fair matches. I think perhaps we are/were going through a difficult transfer period where I have encouraged .5 bases to drop the big defensive items or left them out of war. It is early days but intially this did not seem to work, we still had issues with getting .5 and/or low defence engineered matches, last two wars have not looked too bad, one had no .5 or engineered opponents, the latest has a inferno less th10, both enemies have roster engineered (say a few th3-5 at the bottom, then a bunch of th7s, gaining them an advantage at the top - like a whole extra th11!) but I can probably live with that and they have otherwise been reasonable matches. I think my view is changing, but it certainly wasn't an instant panacea to the problems we were facing. I guess only time will tell ... I suppose we could do 5v5 wars in a bit th11 to th9 and see!

I should say as a lvl7 clan we are pushing larger wars in the hunt for clan xp, something lvl10+ clans care less about but is still important to us!
    Last edited by nobeone; 5 Days Ago at 03:19 PM. Reason: Ugh I had not spotted the 9.5 in the current match, was expecting minimax at the bottom and so relieved I didn't find it ...