Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Quick Matchups, Always Fair, ... here’s how we do it now...

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    358

    Quick Matchups, Always Fair, ... here’s how we do it now...

    Only bring your maxers/balanced accounts to war and don’t try to pad the bottom with weak “filler accounts”. You get matchups reasonable fast, never get bad insurmountable mismatches, and get matched with clans that do not engineer and, often, that means they aren’t competitive or very smart when it comes to doing whatever it takes to win.

    If you bring engineers/.5s, you really need to ONLY bring massively engineered accounts and .5s, or you can get horrible mismatches. When you bring balanced/maxer, you will only get a disadvantage if you do dumb things like max out all some of your troops and all your defenses while neglecting your heroes. They “all else will be equal”but enemy TH9s will have L30heroes to your L16, L35 - 40 TH10to your lower, etc etc

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by 2SD View Post
    Only bring your maxers/balanced accounts to war and don’t try to pad the bottom with weak “filler accounts”. You get matchups reasonable fast, never get bad insurmountable mismatches, and get matched with clans that do not engineer and, often, that means they aren’t competitive or very smart when it comes to doing whatever it takes to win.

    If you bring engineers/.5s, you really need to ONLY bring massively engineered accounts and .5s, or you can get horrible mismatches. When you bring balanced/maxer, you will only get a disadvantage if you do dumb things like max out all some of your troops and all your defenses while neglecting your heroes. They “all else will be equal”but enemy TH9s will have L30heroes to your L16, L35 - 40 TH10to your lower, etc etc
    It is good advice, but it doesn’t always work.
    Th11 here, several other accounts th8-10 (ok 6 more accounts, don't tell my wife). Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Some tips/thoughts on Legends here. Engineers aren't the problem, they are the symptom of a problematic matchmaker. My Legends hope: PvP 5500+ with attack limit, leave rest same, including usual legends from 5000-5499. Contact SC here

  3. #3
    Millennial Club AFrostyBlaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,175
    But it works majority of the time
    Co-Leader of Monkey Bizness. Lv 15 constant war clan. #GV228Q9
    The Frosty Trinity
    Blaze - TH11 - K45/Q45/W20
    Fire - TH10 - K35/Q40
    Inferno - TH10 - K35/Q40


  4. #4
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Between a rock and hard place
    Posts
    749
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    It is good advice, but it doesn’t always work.
    Agreed.


    Quote Originally Posted by AFrostyBlaze View Post
    But it works majority of the time
    Also agree.

    To add, bringing 1 or 2 heavy .5x's with the rest balanced doesn't guarantee a run in with full blown engi clans either.

    For me and in my clans experience, the one thing that seems to draw engis for us is our win streak.
    For me, it still seems to be one of the more dominating factors in opponent matching.
    Skrivo
    TH11
    Leader of war clan vVv

  5. #5
    Forum Elder TankSinatra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,027
    Quote Originally Posted by AFrostyBlaze View Post
    But it works majority of the time
    Its clearly working for a lot of people. Its clearly not working for some people. I can't pick out the common thread as to how that happens. Spin size? Average weight? Is it true maxxers (high heroes/walls/etc) still getting hosed?
    Level 10 Adult War Clan METAMUCIL.
    And some of us are old enough that its not just a funny word...
    Metamucil keeps the red out of our logs. Small wars, great record, low pressure.
    War Record - https://cocp.it/clan/82GJJV2J

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by 2SD View Post
    Only bring your maxers/balanced accounts to war and don’t try to pad the bottom with weak “filler accounts”. You get matchups reasonable fast, never get bad insurmountable mismatches, and get matched with clans that do not engineer and, often, that means they aren’t competitive or very smart when it comes to doing whatever it takes to win.

    If you bring engineers/.5s, you really need to ONLY bring massively engineered accounts and .5s, or you can get horrible mismatches. When you bring balanced/maxer, you will only get a disadvantage if you do dumb things like max out all some of your troops and all your defenses while neglecting your heroes. They “all else will be equal”but enemy TH9s will have L30heroes to your L16, L35 - 40 TH10to your lower, etc etc
    Works 3 in 4.
    But 1 in 4 we are matched with engineering clan with TH10 and TH11 offenses (our highest TH is TH9).

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by TankSinatra View Post
    Its clearly working for a lot of people. Its clearly not working for some people. I can't pick out the common thread as to how that happens. Spin size? Average weight? Is it true maxxers (high heroes/walls/etc) still getting hosed?
    I think the trick is only having 1 TH11 on top, then everything else lower. Eliminate TH10s in the lineup is helpful, they are pretty useless right now. For my clan, 75% of the time it's a direct match 1 th11 vs 1 th11. 25% of the time 1 th11 vs 1 th11 and th10.5. 0% of the time 1 th11 vs 2 th11 (maxed O and D).

  8. #8
    Millennial Club AFrostyBlaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,175
    Quote Originally Posted by BoBoTheGoat View Post
    I think the trick is only having 1 TH11 on top, then everything else lower. Eliminate TH10s in the lineup is helpful, they are pretty useless right now. For my clan, 75% of the time it's a direct match 1 th11 vs 1 th11. 25% of the time 1 th11 vs 1 th11 and th10.5. 0% of the time 1 th11 vs 2 th11 (maxed O and D).
    nah we run 3-5 th11 and 5-7 th10 and still getting fair wars against non engineered clans so that's not it either.
    Co-Leader of Monkey Bizness. Lv 15 constant war clan. #GV228Q9
    The Frosty Trinity
    Blaze - TH11 - K45/Q45/W20
    Fire - TH10 - K35/Q40
    Inferno - TH10 - K35/Q40


  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by AFrostyBlaze View Post
    nah we run 3-5 th11 and 5-7 th10 and still getting fair wars against non engineered clans so that's not it either.
    If you say so.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by TankSinatra View Post
    Its clearly working for a lot of people. Its clearly not working for some people. I can't pick out the common thread as to how that happens. Spin size? Average weight? Is it true maxxers (high heroes/walls/etc) still getting hosed?
    IDK, but it works for us for small war sizes like 10v10 through 25v25. Maybe higher war sizes it is harder to find a single clan to match with that doesn’t have some engineered/.5s? We can’t try 30v30 to 50v50 yet with all 30 - 50 maxers or super balanced, so can’t get data points in that regime yet.... some .5s are balancing out though, so we’ll get there eventually, but we have some “dead weight” that donate and are good guys but stink at war... idk if we want to bring them and lose wars just to get sample data?? lol

Similar Threads

  1. Fair matchups lately
    By JohnthePious in forum Clan Wars
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: April 17th, 2017, 04:20 PM
  2. Finding Fair War Matchups
    By Tykimeister in forum Clan Wars
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: August 30th, 2016, 07:23 AM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: January 21st, 2016, 04:27 AM
  4. Not fair matchups...
    By DeathGrowth in forum Clan Wars
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: March 13th, 2015, 01:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •