Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Quick Matchups, Always Fair, ... hereís how we do it now...

  1. #11
    Forum Superstar dorsan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    under a rock
    Posts
    3,137
    I love it how people assume that all clans can pick and choose who to bring to war and not just bring anyone who is in to get to a 10v10 or 15v15 war...
    0 infernos = 2 infernos, therefore 0 = 2
    2 wardens = 5 wardens, therefore 2 = 5
    Conclusion: 0 = 5

    New mathematics brought to you by SuperCell war matchmaker.
    Bending reality since 2014.


  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by dorsan View Post
    I love it how people assume that all clans can pick and choose who to bring to war and not just bring anyone who is in to get to a 10v10 or 15v15 war...
    Well, all established clans can. It is hard starting a new clans from scratch, and easier to just find and join a good established clan. Good luck! I know I have tried and it can takes months if you aren’t a good recruiter... and most of us aren’t!!

  3. #13
    Forum Superstar dorsan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    under a rock
    Posts
    3,137
    Quote Originally Posted by 2SD View Post
    Well, all established clans can. It is hard starting a new clans from scratch, and easier to just find and join a good established clan. Good luck! I know I have tried and it can takes months if you aren’t a good recruiter... and most of us aren’t!!
    My clan is a level 13 one and was around for years. We used to be at 45-50 member range but since SuperCell kept making upgrades better and better, we are down to 35 members and only 15-20 are ever interested in wars (and rarely all of them at the same time).
    0 infernos = 2 infernos, therefore 0 = 2
    2 wardens = 5 wardens, therefore 2 = 5
    Conclusion: 0 = 5

    New mathematics brought to you by SuperCell war matchmaker.
    Bending reality since 2014.


  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by dorsan View Post
    My clan is a level 13 one and was around for years. We used to be at 45-50 member range but since SuperCell kept making upgrades better and better, we are down to 35 members and only 15-20 are ever interested in wars (and rarely all of them at the same time).
    I can’t even imagine that. We have most people begging “bring me in war!”, and guys frustrated and leaving if I leave them out. If I don’t start a war right after one ends, people start getting agitated asking “When is next war?” and “War???” in chat... we aren’t super active even.. most people are here just for war and could care less about anything else. I guess that is how dofferent the culture is between a “war clan” and a “clan that wars”?? Never been in a clan that wasn’t obsessed with war except for before they had clan wars.....

  5. #15
    Forum Superstar dorsan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    under a rock
    Posts
    3,137
    Quote Originally Posted by 2SD View Post
    I can’t even imagine that. We have most people begging “bring me in war!”, and guys frustrated and leaving if I leave them out. If I don’t start a war right after one ends, people start getting agitated asking “When is next war?” and “War???” in chat... we aren’t super active even.. most people are here just for war and could care less about anything else. I guess that is how dofferent the culture is between a “war clan” and a “clan that wars”?? Never been in a clan that wasn’t obsessed with war except for before they had clan wars.....
    We used to be a war clan, it's just since the last few updates we keep getting these impossible matchups so some people have left and others simply don't want to war anymore.
    0 infernos = 2 infernos, therefore 0 = 2
    2 wardens = 5 wardens, therefore 2 = 5
    Conclusion: 0 = 5

    New mathematics brought to you by SuperCell war matchmaker.
    Bending reality since 2014.


  6. #16
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Between a rock and hard place
    Posts
    756
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLandofNod View Post
    Agreed.




    Also agree.

    To add, bringing 1 or 2 heavy .5x's with the rest balanced doesn't guarantee a run in with full blown engi clans either.

    For me and in my clans experience, the one thing that seems to draw engis for us is our win streak.
    For me, it still seems to be one of the more dominating factors in opponent matching.
    Apologies if I seem vain quoting myself but I have slightly more evidence in regards the above.

    So we got stuffed 5 wars ago by a well engineered clan.
    We've won the last 4 wars against other balanced clans... in all four wars both sides have had 1 or 2 9.5's... nothing more.

    So I spun the wheel tonight with a 4 win streak and what do we get? Yep - full engi clan.
    The difference with this war is we have a Max11 sat at the top with 3 full 10s underneath, then 2 x 9.5s.

    They have a max 10 up top with the same breakdown below but also have 4 other TH11 accounts dotted throughout a 15v15 as well as a TH10 in between their 9s. All have wardens and max laloon with the usual cc and spell factory upgraded but running th7 to th9 defences.

    I appreciate we have put in 2 x 9.5s and they are seen as lopsided but they've been in 3 of the last 4 wars where we matched balanced clans with a similar breakdown.

    I am not complaining about the match, just pointing out that our win streak appears to be the overriding factor which draws engi clans.

    We always match within 15mins as well.

    If we lose this, which we shouldn't, the next war will be balanced if our experience is anything to go by.
    The crux in this war will be if those engi 11's are any good at tripling full 10s.
    Skrivo
    TH11
    Leader of war clan vVv

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLandofNod View Post
    So I spun the wheel tonight with a 4 win streak and what do we get? Yep - full engi clan.
    The difference with this war is we have a Max11 sat at the top with 3 full 10s underneath, then 2 x 9.5s.

    They have a max 10 up top with the same breakdown below but also have 4 other TH11 accounts dotted throughout a 15v15 as well as a TH10 in between their 9s. All have wardens and max laloon with the usual cc and spell factory upgraded but running th7 to th9 defences.

    I appreciate we have put in 2 x 9.5s and they are seen as lopsided but they've been in 3 of the last 4 wars where we matched balanced clans with a similar breakdown.

    I am not complaining about the match, just pointing out that our win streak appears to be the overriding factor which draws engi clans.
    .
    We don’t draw engineered clans based on streak and glad you aren’t complaining about the matchup because if you guys are skilled you will still win. A full max TH11up top that they can’t 3, and he will crush their num 1easily (and 2) for an easy 6, setting the rest of you guys up for a perfect war if your guys are skilled....

    ....I’d rather match vs an engineering clan we have an advantage against than a maxer clan with more eagles than us any day!!!!

  8. #18
    Forum Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,567
    Plz spread this to all whining posts bout how sc doesnt kno what they r doin n that war mm is "broken". Some people r jus so thick they cant seem to adjust from puttin in manipulated rosters to max/balanced bases rosters and than cry that war mm is completely broken. The first few posts of complaints was amusing, now its jus gettin annoyin. Game is always evolving n people need to learn how to adapt instead of pout unless problem is truly out of our control. Js shrug

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    376
    Quote Originally Posted by 2SD View Post
    Well, all established clans can. It is hard starting a new clans from scratch, and easier to just find and join a good established clan. Good luck! I know I have tried and it can takes months if you aren’t a good recruiter... and most of us aren’t!!
    Ok. We are a well established l11 clan. We have a ton of active players who are, wait for it, upgrading one or both heroes. We war with who is available. Mostly good matches. But food for thought on how complicated matches are. Here is current 15v15 war.
    Us. 1 th11, 3 th10, 9 th9, 2 th8. Them 1 th11,7 th10, 7 th9. Based on that, we're toast. Look deeper. Our th 11, eagle 40/41/9 heroes. Their 11. Eagle. 10/11/11 heroes. 2 10s are defenseless at the bottom with maybe th9 offense. 2 10s in the middle no xbows, no infernos and maybe th9 offense. My max d th9 with 27/25 heroes is tougher than most of their 10s. We have high heroes and defenses to go with our offense. Our bottom th8 cleared the two bottom 10s. Looks good for us. But the bottom line is there are so many variables. Heroes, troops, th level, defenses. All mixed in with fiendishly clever players looking for a loophole.

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Us. 1 th11, 3 th10, 9 th9, 2 th8. Them 1 th11,7 th10, 7 th9. Based on that, we're toast. Look deeper. Our th 11, eagle 40/41/9 heroes. Their 11. Eagle. 10/11/11 heroes. 2 10s are defenseless at the bottom with maybe th9 offense. 2 10s in the middle no xbows, no infernos and maybe th9 offense. My max d th9 with 27/25 heroes is tougher than most of their 10s. We have high heroes and defenses to go with our offense. Our bottom th8 cleared the two bottom 10s. Looks good for us. But the bottom line is there are so many variables. Heroes, troops, th level, defenses. All mixed in with fiendishly clever players looking for a loophole.
    So you are not engineered but when you draw an engineered enemy, so far, you have more than a fighting chance... in facf, you have an advantage that is pretty big this war!

    All I know is what I see personally though, and I see almost all the engineered clans complaining 10x more than the balanced maxer clans. I also saw us get horrible matchups we could not win 2out of 3times immediately after the update after we had a 37 war win streak and had a record of 104 - 3 - 1..... we had some .5s and a couple engineers mixed in with balanced accounts and maxers, that’s all... we dropped then and BOOOM... no more mismatches.

    We also experimented bringing only engineered bases and we got good matchups, but harder matchups vs more competent opponents. We get inactives and morons as enemys sometimes when we go balanced/maxer only lineup.

Similar Threads

  1. Fair matchups lately
    By JohnthePious in forum Clan Wars
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: April 17th, 2017, 04:20 PM
  2. Finding Fair War Matchups
    By Tykimeister in forum Clan Wars
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: August 30th, 2016, 07:23 AM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: January 21st, 2016, 04:27 AM
  4. Not fair matchups...
    By DeathGrowth in forum Clan Wars
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: March 13th, 2015, 01:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •