Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clash of Clans - Modding bans

Lots of Love

Great Job Forums! Waiting to see Forum Elite VII soon!

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Realsies View Post
    Some of them only got 14 day war timers because they were in a clan with a cheater but didn't use cheats themselves

This is correct. We don't want to automatically insinuate guilt through association, so those 14-day suspensions are also carefully vetted as well.
    "If his unpleasant wounding has in some way enlightened the rest of you as to the grim finish beneath the glossy veneer of criminal life and inspired you to change your ways, then his injuries carry with it an inherent nobility, and a supreme glory. We should all be so fortunate. You say poor Toby? I say poor us."
    - Sphinx, Gone in 60 Seconds

Great good to see supercell taking some serious action👍👍

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    We've recently taken action against a number of accounts involved in modding which is a clear violation of the Clash of Clans Terms of Service, as well as a violation against the spirit of Fair Play. A recent sweep by our friendly neighborhood psychically gifted cephalopod, we have enforced disciplinary action on several thousand accounts.

This includes accounts that may have been exchanging modding services for real-world currency as well as those individually using mods to gain an unfair gameplay advantage; thus were issued disciplinary actions all the way up to permanent closure of their account.

As always, we are committed to upholding the integrity of Clash of Clans. However, please also keep in mind that while we target mod usage, it is important to remember that players are innocent until proven guilty. Please continue to report any instances of modding or any other actions that may violate our Fair Play policy. We do continue to investigate these reports.
    one question , were modders main accounts also got banned or just burners ???

Nice to see you guys cleaning out the cheaters. Thanks !

If you wear out yours you can borrow mine

Last edited by THNSUM; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:26 AM.
    Me : Facebook | PM ME | Hay Day | Email
    Amoooozing Signature by ClashOfHolmes

Quote Originally Posted by Chauc View Post
    I put "small-decomposed blade wields 1 rocket" on my Christmas list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chauc View Post
    Hopefully Santa can figure it out, that sounds pretty cool!

Quote Originally Posted by funnybu View Post
    one question , were modders main accounts also got banned or just burners ???
    Some main accounts have been banned! Good work Octopus!!
    Last edited by Skrags; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:26 AM.
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 10 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...H8-s-to-TH11-s My spec: early TH11, 41/40/6

Popping clash bubbles with my kid, in a little fantasy clan
    Happy, happy, happy Great work Supercell

Centennial Club
    Let me say repeat how IMPORTANT this is to keep competitive clashing alive.

I just got in infraction for "naming/shaming" so I will carefully refrain from refering to anyone except my own clan.

I WAS from War Whales. I have played in all War Whales matches when we were in a competitive league. I am 43 year old so I am not as dexterous as I was 20 years ago. To be able to contribute, I play a TH9 and I would plan my raid for hours and review all replays a few time. Plan where my golem will anchor, which def they will agro, where to drop each funnel wiz, when the CC will be lured, etc, etc.

Needless to say I was COMPLETELY FP and so were MOST of my clan mates. One day, our clan got banned from the league on the decisions of admins of the league. Whether or not the ban is justified is pointless now.

The point is IF sc wants to encourage competitive clashing, THEY should be the ones actively policing the PREIMIER competitive league. Only SC should be able to kick clans out of the PREMIER competitive league. It just caused so much unhappiness when everyone starts accusing others of modding.

Sad to say, because of that 90% of my team mates lost interest in competitive clashing. Can you blame us? I don't know about my clan mates, but I was FP and working my butt of as a TH9 just so that our TH10/11 can have that 1 more scout.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Darian[Supercell
    As always, we are committed to upholding the integrity of Clash of Clans. However, please also keep in mind that while we target mod usage, it is important to remember that players are innocent until proven guilty. Please continue to report any instances of modding or any other actions that may violate our Fair Play policy. We do continue to investigate these reports.
    The above is SOOOO IMPORTANT.

At the end of the day, the accusers get banned by SC
    Last edited by wind30; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    This is correct. We don't want to automatically insinuate guilt through association, so those 14-day suspensions are also carefully vetted as well.
    Thank you for the post Darian.

Have to say this, though. We all know once Octopus gets released. You see it all over Clash social media. Threads get made, discords blow up, blogs, you name it.

So with that said, unless my memory is totally a mess- I'm a bit disappointed that a clan gets popped twice inside of 4 or 5 Octopus runs and is still able to function after a 14 day break.

Level: 187 | TH10 | IGN: cnaf11

retired