Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 5 vs 5 Clan War Thoughts ?

5 vs 5 Clan War Thoughts ?

(Edit: Thread was made before announcement, so check Sticky in general subforum for details of 5vs5 clan war announcement)

----------------------------

What are your thoughts on it ?

My clan is inactive except for 3 or 4 out of 40. Considering i have 2 account, 2 others have 2 account, so 5 vs 5 clan war would have been something fun to look to other than builder base. Or there should have been a system in which we could search for friendly wars because i think no one is playing friendly wars
    Last edited by m5anto; 4 Days Ago at 01:48 PM. Reason: information added

I’d like a 5v5 speed type war. Half the time of a normal war with half a prep day. However, I doubt it’d ever happen due to clans being able to war more than once every two days.

10v10 is either for new Clans or those slowly dying with inactives and farmers. 5v5 is far too low for experienced clans, maybe ideal offered as low level perk for new Clans and for helping them get started, but after a certain level the perk is removed.

Quote Originally Posted by M2W View Post
    10v10 is either for new Clans or those slowly dying with inactives and farmers. 5v5 is far too low for experienced clans, maybe ideal offered as low level perk for new Clans and for helping them get started, but after a certain level the perk is removed.
    10v10 is the most common war size actually. We've been 10v10 mostly for years. Just can't be bothered to recruit except when we have a numbers problem. 5v5 would be very popular.

There must be a reason they didn't start wars with a 5v5 option though. Maybe they wanted a higher hurdle against one man clans, maybe they have some minimum clan size in mind to foster the social aspect of the game (which in turn keeps people stuck in the game).
    Level 10 Adult War Clan METAMUCIL.
    And some of us are old enough that its not just a funny word...
    Metamucil keeps the red out of our logs. Small wars, great record, low pressure.
    War Record - https://cocp.it/clan/82GJJV2J

I'm not a fan of it. For starters, with only 5 bases- any advantage one side pulls from the glorious MM will be magnified. If one side gets the heavy TH11, its gg. I also think it promotes keeping smaller clans around, and personally I just feel there are way too many clans out there with only a few members.

Level: 186 | TH10 | IGN: cnaf11

One issue may be the smaller the lineup, the more extreme the effect of luck on the result. Any missed attack or connection failure etc has a far greater effect in a smaller war, as does any mismatch.
    Chapter One #22V00CGY Level 13 International clan
    We welcome strong TH10 and TH11 adult players with big heros for fun warring, maxing bases and some pushing. Active builder base, and must know where the donate button is!

One-man clan, and decreases the number of clan in pool of 10 vs 10 significantly
    Last edited by ExpertSAQ; 1 Week Ago at 07:17 PM.

I'm always torn when this idea is brought up. On the one hand, it would be a lot of fun. On the other, it reduces the number of clans in the 10v10 pool and the high number of clans there is one of the good things about 10v10 matches.
    Th11 here, several other accounts th8-10 (ok 6 more accounts, don't tell my wife). Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Some tips/thoughts on Legends here. Engineers aren't the problem, they are the symptom of a problematic matchmaker. My Legends hope: PvP 5500+ with attack limit, leave rest same, including usual legends from 5000-5499. Contact SC here

I think 5v5 wars would be great, specially for new clans. I support your idea.

5 vs 5 clan war is coming in next maintenance. Check Sticky by anoushka in general sub forum.
    Last edited by m5anto; 4 Days Ago at 01:49 PM.