Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 5 vs 5 Clan War Thoughts ?

I don’t understand the whole small clan concept. My clan has ALWAYS been small. We’ve never had more than 20 players and have warred for years with just 10 players. We choose to stay small, to keep drama to a minimum and our enjoyment to a maximum. I think 5v5 is good for clans like mine. I can only imagine how many wars could’ve been done while some of our players had hero upgrades. This would’ve been helpful a long time ago. I’m not seeing many if any flaws in it.
    Last edited by xXXCHRISXXx; 5 Days Ago at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bsting View Post
    People keep mentioning small clans like it's a bad thing. Seriously, how does it hinder your game and performance as a clan if smaller clans exist in this world? It's like saying clans should be banned that never war or not often enough.

I'm in one of those hanger-on clans. We have 20 members, mostly of relatives and friends from work and a couple of dead accounts we keep around for nostalgia, who just play and war cause we like the game, not because we strive to be the best clan in the world. Yeah, we've tried recruiting, but without any result. We're just big enough so we have not had to consider a merge. Plus it's our clan and we have some pride in that.
    First, I didn't necessarily intend to disparage your clan, or clans like yours, with my post. If you have 20 members and can field a 10v10 occasionally, you're not all that much different from my own clan (which started as a friends/family and is currently warring with 10 despite having 46 people in the clan). I definitely get the "Our clan" mantra, it's the primary reason I haven't left my clan (which my brother started and I took over), because I feel I owe it to those who have stuck with us for over 2 years now to stick around and lead them. I am not in a "serious war clan" by any stretch of the imagination But I think with 5v5, you're going to see a lot of 6 man clans putting in 4 active and one inactive account and trying to war, and I fear it may water down the already shrinking war pool.

Second, I think one of the biggest problems in the game is a lack of in-game recruiting tools, like an actually useful clan search feature, or some form of classified ads for clans to get their name out (with descriptions to include war frequency, level of seriousness, types of players desired, etc., etc.) I have long said SC should implement additional tools to help on this front, global chat is not at all useful in this regard. I absolutely HATE recruiting, so does everyone else I know...

Quote Originally Posted by Bsting View Post
    We take our war attacks serious, but if we lose it's still just a game. The biggest war we ever had was 15v15 and we usually have trouble enough pulling a 10v10 roster together. As a result we war once every 2 weeks or so on average; some times we do 2 wars in a week, some times we go without a war for a month. But we have fun and see no reason to "rightfully die". And I'm pretty sure that's true for many smaller clans.

5v5 wars would actually be a reason for us to war more often, because there's always a core of people in the clan who'd war continuously if they could. So I don't see why 5v5 is greeted with such hostility, if it means more clans will get more active and maybe even try to grow. Since we have a rather diverse roster, we could finally do a few a war's with just our "mini's" (TH8 and lower) or an all-TH9 war or even a war with just our TH10's & 11's. So long as the MM is fixed and it means we don't keep getting 5 engineered bases, I'm all for it. If you don't like it, go play 20v20.
    I would have preferred that SC introduce better incentives and/or tools to help clans either merge outright with gem rewards, special badges and/or titles, instant clan level increases, etc., to those that choose to do so. Or even better, a new feature like "Clan Alliances," that allow a number of smaller clans to effectively join up (without abandoning their personal clans) to compete in larger mixed-roster wars. For example, 3 clans each contributing 5 members to make a 15 man roster. With better recruitment tools in-game (mentioned above), clans could advertise their availability for such a match and then find suitable partners to make larger wars; additional loot could be offered as an incentive. Find a fellow small clan you like warring with? Add them to your "Clan alliance" list (like a friends list) and pair up continuously, etc.

Many people complain, and rightfully so, about the lack of social interaction and social tools in the game in the wake of TH sniping removal. Folks sitting in small clans cause they're comfortable and the activation energy required to spark new life into a waning clan (which is quite high) has a lot to do with this. I think trying to get small clans to reach out to other small clans (provided there was an easy in-game means of doing so) could help greatly in this regard.

With the new 5v5 war feature, you'll probably see "new clan, join here, almost enough for war!" all over global by wannabee TH6 "leaders." I don't know if that's a good thing for the game long term
    Last edited by nerfedname; 5 Days Ago at 05:59 PM.
    TH11 - Lvl 191 - AQ45 - BK45 - GW20
    Quote Originally Posted by fette View Post
    Is 'jog' in AppStore or google play? I don't seem to find it.
    Click HERE to find out more about "Nerfedname's 'weight tax'" for war MM

Signature by Gutodh

Quote Originally Posted by xXXCHRISXXx View Post
    I don’t understand the whole small clan concept. My clan has ALWAYS been small. We’ve never had more than 20 players and have warred for years with just 10 players. We choose to stay small, to keep drama to a minimum and our enjoyment to a maximum. I think 5v5 is good for clans like mine. I can only imagine how many wars could’ve been done while some of our players had hero upgrades. This would’ve been helpful a long time ago. I’m not seeing many if any flaws in it.
    My clan enjoys small wars also. The only potential flaw I see is if the 10v10 pool gets a lot smaller due to clans running 5v5.
    Th11 here, several other accounts th8-10 (ok 6 more accounts, don't tell my wife). Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Some tips/thoughts on Legends here. Engineers aren't the problem, they are the symptom of a problematic matchmaker. My Legends hope: PvP 5500+ with attack limit, leave rest same, including usual legends from 5000-5499. Contact SC here

They need to increase clan start cost to 300.000 NOW.
    Quote Originally Posted by kimchilove View Post
    Amen. Couldnt have expressed the positives of 5v5 better. Very ignorant to think all small clans should "rightfully" die.
    But many should.

Yes, there are exceptions. Many clans are very established, small, and work perfectly well.

But most do not. They have a few members that log in occasionally, often recruit with insane dedication for a two hour window then disappear for a few weeks.

The desire to be in war kept a few of these clans from ruining the clash experience for many newer clashers, they moved toward the clans with fifteen people.

Now, they can war with five. While this helps out the active small clans, it also helps out the clans that clashers that want to learn the game go to and think the game is terrible because no one ever logs in.
    Ending threads one comment at a time.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Cilakila View Post
    But many should.

Yes, there are exceptions. Many clans are very established, small, and work perfectly well.

But most do not. They have a few members that log in occasionally, often recruit with insane dedication for a two hour window then disappear for a few weeks.

The desire to be in war kept a few of these clans from ruining the clash experience for many newer clashers, they moved toward the clans with fifteen people.

Now, they can war with five. While this helps out the active small clans, it also helps out the clans that clashers that want to learn the game go to and think the game is terrible because no one ever logs in.
    Those small dead clans u speak of. R u insinuating that there r members there who r active but refuse to move from a dead clan? I hardly think that is the case. Anyone active whether small or big clan won't stay in a dead clan no? Sorry but I dont understand last part of ur post. All I can speak of is logical deductions n my clans experiences. Main reason y we didnt war was bc we couldnt even muster 10 people lol. Sad I kno but reality fo us bc most of us hate recruiting or have such a sour taste in mouths from trying to recruit. But we love our clan environment n refuse to move on. The few actives we have stay together bc we enjoy each others company n dont wanna mess wit our mojo. So instead of moving out of clan, we rolled wit punches n jus warred less even tho we love to war. Now wit 5 option, it will b very very easy fo us to war as often as we like wit no limitations.

Fresh Spawn
    It's an option for clan that struggle even to war with 10v, there are clans with only 3 or 4 people in it, maybe it's a members of family clan, dad and son clan, friends in work clan, small clans that like it remain small. 5v war is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by nerfedname View Post
    I would have preferred that SC introduce better incentives and/or tools to help clans either merge outright with gem rewards, special badges and/or titles, instant clan level increases, etc., to those that choose to do so. Or even better, a new feature like "Clan Alliances," that allow a number of smaller clans to effectively join up (without abandoning their personal clans) to compete in larger mixed-roster wars. For example, 3 clans each contributing 5 members to make a 15 man roster. With better recruitment tools in-game (mentioned above), clans could advertise their availability for such a match and then find suitable partners to make larger wars; additional loot could be offered as an incentive. Find a fellow small clan you like warring with? Add them to your "Clan alliance" list (like a friends list) and pair up continuously, etc.
    Many good ideas here. All better than 5v5.
    Listen, and understand! That New Algorithm is out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pain. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop... ever, until your win streak is broken.

They need to increase clan start cost to 300.000 NOW.
    Quote Originally Posted by kimchilove View Post
    Those small dead clans u speak of. R u insinuating that there r members there who r active but refuse to move from a dead clan? I hardly think that is the case. Anyone active whether small or big clan won't stay in a dead clan no? Sorry but I dont understand last part of ur post. All I can speak of is logical deductions n my clans experiences. Main reason y we didnt war was bc we couldnt even muster 10 people lol. Sad I kno but reality fo us bc most of us hate recruiting or have such a sour taste in mouths from trying to recruit. But we love our clan environment n refuse to move on. The few actives we have stay together bc we enjoy each others company n dont wanna mess wit our mojo. So instead of moving out of clan, we rolled wit punches n jus warred less even tho we love to war. Now wit 5 option, it will b very very easy fo us to war as often as we like wit no limitations.
    I am referring to the clan that is built by a player that has played for all of a half hour that suddenly says "Imma make a clan. Who wants to join?" Zero war stars. No clash experience, and only played a short time.

He spams global and gets a few clashers, then logs out and NEVER logs in again, or else is gone for WEEKS and then repeats process.

Clans like this tell new players unsure of how to play the game that the game is boring as after a brief flurry of activity. NO ONE IS ACTIVE and the clan dies within hours of building. This does not refer at all to established clans.
    Last edited by Cilakila; 5 Days Ago at 09:20 PM.
    Ending threads one comment at a time.

I think it provides an opportunity for those small groups to war when they would otherwise feel forced to join and be active, maintain ratios, etc. 5 is a bit more personal and could serve to provide valuable information without sacrificing 10+ ppl from a clan. Maybe you want to test ppl in a small war before joining a main clan, maybe you want to test some crazy strategies (cant always do that in friendly challenges). I am excited since this may keep me playing a little longer since raiding on 5 accounts is much easier than 10 lol.