Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 5 vs 5 Clan War Thoughts ?

I am not a fan of the new 5v5 wars, for many of the reasons already stated. The fact that it will allow hanger-on clans that should rightfully die stick around in perpetuity is one of the biggest.

Also, I wonder if 5v5 was born out of a decrease in clan wars participation and a desire to bring it back. I wonder if they're noticing fewer and fewer wars being declared and had to react to it. If that's the case, I wonder if they connected it to people dropping out of war game due to poor MM and they're year-long (and then some) foot dragging on tackling the engineering issue. Possibly, given their more recent turn against the engineering practice, but it's probably too little to late.

I'm really just speculating on the latter stuff, but that's my thoughts...
    Last edited by nerfedname; 1 Week Ago at 08:33 PM.
    TH11 - Lvl 191 - AQ45 - BK45 - GW20
    Quote Originally Posted by fette View Post
    Is 'jog' in AppStore or google play? I don't seem to find it.
    Click HERE to find out more about "Nerfedname's 'weight tax'" for war MM

Signature by Gutodh

Quote Originally Posted by WH7DX View Post
    5vs5 shows the current status of activity unfortunately. War sizes have decreased and SC needs to fix the top player matches to have a chance of improving the activity.

Sad....
    The cynical side of me does believe that the issues with war has taken its toll over the last 12-18 months and this is SC trying to rekindle players and their clans to retry the war scene. My clans currently have no problem making 15-20 player wars so if prep/war times remain the same I highly doubt I or my clans will use it but for other players/clans it could be helpful. To me though, 5vs5 or 10 or 20 size wars is not the problem, matchmaking is but I have seen improvements over the last few months in the two clans i belong to.

Depends on the level of participation as to what success they gain from it. Maybe they see it as a better tool to try out their MMA. After all, the smaller the match, the fewer variables involved. Getting a closer match up shouldnt be too dificult, so long as enough people are trying to match. The more likely outcome may be that they simply dilute the pools they already have by adding another choice, but only time will tell. One thing is for sure, if the MM cant get the match up right it will be a total non event, and run the risk of driving people over the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by nerfedname View Post
    Also, I wonder if 5v5 was born out of a decrease in clan wars participation and a desire to bring it back. I wonder if they're noticing fewer and fewer wars being declared and had to react to it. If that's the case, I wonder if they connected it to people dropping out of war game due to poor MM and they're year-long (and then some) foot dragging on tackling the engineering issue. Possibly, given their more recent turn against the engineering practice, but it's probably too little to late.
    This^^^. I just recently killed my clan and my other accounts to keep war afloat. Too little too late for this guy.
    | Clan Leader | LVL 5 | 46-9-2 | Highest win streak 26, combined from previous clan | My Clan https://link.clashofclans.com/?actio...e&tag=CRC092VL |

Forum Veteran
    I personally love this idea. It allows our clan to war more frequently now. We been in existence for over 3 yrs n still have under 100 total wars lol. Mainly due to us being lazy, hating to recruit (not that we havent tried), etc. So instead of warring wit whatever recruits n/or merging, we didn't war instead. N not like we r bad too bc when we do war, we fight hard n make many more experienced clans sweat or cry.

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by cnaf View Post
    I also think it promotes keeping smaller clans around, and personally I just feel there are way too many clans out there with only a few members.
    Quote Originally Posted by nerfedname View Post
    it will allow hanger-on clans that should rightfully die stick around in perpetuity is one of the biggest.
    People keep mentioning small clans like it's a bad thing. Seriously, how does it hinder your game and performance as a clan if smaller clans exist in this world? It's like saying clans should be banned that never war or not often enough.

I'm in one of those hanger-on clans. We have 20 members, mostly of relatives and friends from work and a couple of dead accounts we keep around for nostalgia, who just play and war cause we like the game, not because we strive to be the best clan in the world. Yeah, we've tried recruiting, but without any result. We're just big enough so we have not had to consider a merge. Plus it's our clan and we have some pride in that.

We take our war attacks serious, but if we lose it's still just a game. The biggest war we ever had was 15v15 and we usually have trouble enough pulling a 10v10 roster together. As a result we war once every 2 weeks or so on average; some times we do 2 wars in a week, some times we go without a war for a month. But we have fun and see no reason to "rightfully die". And I'm pretty sure that's true for many smaller clans.

5v5 wars would actually be a reason for us to war more often, because there's always a core of people in the clan who'd war continuously if they could. So I don't see why 5v5 is greeted with such hostility, if it means more clans will get more active and maybe even try to grow. Since we have a rather diverse roster, we could finally do a few a war's with just our "mini's" (TH8 and lower) or an all-TH9 war or even a war with just our TH10's & 11's. So long as the MM is fixed and it means we don't keep getting 5 engineered bases, I'm all for it. If you don't like it, go play 20v20.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Bsting View Post
    People keep mentioning small clans like it's a bad thing. Seriously, how does it hinder your game and performance as a clan if smaller clans exist in this world? It's like saying clans should be banned that never war or not often enough.

I'm in one of those hanger-on clans. We have 20 members, mostly of relatives and friends from work and a couple of dead accounts we keep around for nostalgia, who just play and war cause we like the game, not because we strive to be the best clan in the world. Yeah, we've tried recruiting, but without any result. We're just big enough so we have not had to consider a merge. Plus it's our clan and we have some pride in that.

We take our war attacks serious, but if we lose it's still just a game. The biggest war we ever had was 15v15 and we usually have trouble enough pulling a 10v10 roster together. As a result we war once every 2 weeks or so on average; some times we do 2 wars in a week, some times we go without a war for a month. But we have fun and see no reason to "rightfully die". And I'm pretty sure that's true for many smaller clans.

5v5 wars would actually be a reason for us to war more often, because there's always a core of people in the clan who'd war continuously if they could. So I don't see why 5v5 is greeted with such hostility, if it means more clans will get more active and maybe even try to grow. Since we have a rather diverse roster, we could finally do a few a war's with just our "mini's" (TH8 and lower) or an all-TH9 war or even a war with just our TH10's & 11's. So long as the MM is fixed and it means we don't keep getting 5 engineered bases, I'm all for it. If you don't like it, go play 20v20.
    Amen. Couldnt have expressed the positives of 5v5 better. Very ignorant to think all small clans should "rightfully" die.

Size of clan like everything else in this little game really shouldnt matter or be a concern to anyone but the players and the clan itself. I took my 3 accounts and parked them in a clan i bought for about 5-6 months suffering from coc burnout. Didnt care about the perks, used global to chat if bored, if i wanted to war took an account to a friends clan. Its a mobile app game played for a individual person enjoyment. Said enjoyment can be found in a variety of ways, clans and playstyles. If this new 5 vs 5 size war works out, who knows maybe it will spur a growth of more smaller active clans....clash on

5vs5 is a nice idea

But will it allow struggling clans to continue to struggle instead of merging with better managed clans?

Making it more difficult for better clans to find solid recruits?
    MN ICE
    Clan tag #8UCRP8CL
    Lv11 clan

Quote Originally Posted by MacKnife View Post
    5vs5 is a nice idea

But will it allow struggling clans to continue to struggle instead of merging with better managed clans?

Making it more difficult for better clans to find solid recruits?
    Probably, but there are good points above about smaller clans clearly not wanting to merge/recruit more effectively. They want to hang on as a small clan, how about we let them rather than worry about how it'll impact us.
    Level 10 Adult War Clan METAMUCIL.
    And some of us are old enough that its not just a funny word...
    Metamucil keeps the red out of our logs. Small wars, great record, low pressure.
    War Record - https://cocp.it/clan/82GJJV2J