Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Unfair matches.

Grass isn't green on the other side of the fence (ocean?) either. http://forum.supercell.com/showthrea...y-disappointed

It is all about the money. Always has been with Supercell and always will be. I have been just under 3000 cups in builder hall for a month. I could probably get there if i spent some money to speed up my upgrade progress but I refuse to support Supercell. I am CONSTANTLY over matched in defense and offense and I have a pretty highly developed BH6. It is nearly impossible to rise without spending cash. That is what SC wants you to do. Builder hall gameplay is a joke. I mostly get matched against maxed witches spammed (which people usually paid for). No skill in that!

Forum Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Yachi View Post
    I would like to see another mode of game play for BTH. No trophies, a fixed amount of loot per win, same lvl BTH matches. Just fair fights, skill vs skill, base design vs base design. Takes away a whole lot of frustration.

So .. you would pit an early BH5 against a late BH5 or does that go against your idea of a fair fight?

Or, would you have SuperCell make a Capped Trophy System, where BH4 can get a maximum of 1000 trophies and no more?

/Affront
    TH13-68/66/42/13|BH9| Farm with US | full stats

Quote Originally Posted by browning0605 View Post
    It is all about the money. Always has been with Supercell and always will be. I have been just under 3000 cups in builder hall for a month. I could probably get there if i spent some money to speed up my upgrade progress but I refuse to support Supercell. I am CONSTANTLY over matched in defense and offense and I have a pretty highly developed BH6. It is nearly impossible to rise without spending cash. That is what SC wants you to do. Builder hall gameplay is a joke. I mostly get matched against maxed witches spammed (which people usually paid for). No skill in that!
    There are lots of F2P players who don’t even spend free gems yet they’re well over 4000 trophies. SC is one of the few companies that really gives players an opportunity to participate in their games without spending much, if any, real $$$. As many have mentioned time and again, you can play the game any way you like but it is designed to be played in a certain way. If you choose to play it differently, then of course you’ll struggle when you reach certain decision points in the game. That doesn’t mean you have to spend, just adjust your strategy to more closely match the game’s design. A “...pretty highly developed BH6...” at 3000 trophies is probably ready to move to BH7. Once there, you’ll likely find yourself cruising to 4000 trophies (max loot) with little difficulty. That is all easily achieved without spending any cash.
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.
    Creator Code: GwN

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctaire View Post
    There are lots of F2P players who don’t even spend free gems yet they’re well over 4000 trophies. SC is one of the few companies that really gives players an opportunity to participate in their games without spending much, if any, real $$$. As many have mentioned time and again, you can play the game any way you like but it is designed to be played in a certain way. If you choose to play it differently, then of course you’ll struggle when you reach certain decision points in the game. That doesn’t mean you have to spend, just adjust your strategy to more closely match the game’s design. A “...pretty highly developed BH6...” at 3000 trophies is probably ready to move to BH7. Once there, you’ll likely find yourself cruising to 4000 trophies (max loot) with little difficulty. That is all easily achieved without spending any cash.
    Yes - it provides the ability to play without spending any $$$ -- but for most of those folks -- they are fodder for those who do spend the money; without the non-spenders, none of these games would survive.

I understand there is that underlying push to motivate to spend money, but to state the matchmaking strategy is similar to chess? I think a better analogy would be a drag race --- One driver, quite experienced, is driving a 4-cylinder hatchback --- while the other driver, fresh out of driving school - is in a Ferrari. As the experienced driver, your best strategy is hoping the less experienced one pops a cylinder or spins out of control. That type of matchmaking is a stretch from chess.

Quote Originally Posted by mrmee View Post
    Yes - it provides the ability to play without spending any $$$ -- but for most of those folks -- they are fodder for those who do spend the money; without the non-spenders, none of these games would survive.
    Heh...I think there are a LOT of F2P players who would wholeheartedly disagree with you. Lots of strong F2P players above 4000 trophies.

There’s a need for both the spending and the non-spending; the former supports the company while the latter provides critical mass to the game population.

Quote Originally Posted by mrmee View Post
    I understand there is that underlying push to motivate to spend money, but to state the matchmaking strategy is similar to chess? I think a better analogy would be a drag race --- One driver, quite experienced, is driving a 4-cylinder hatchback --- while the other driver, fresh out of driving school - is in a Ferrari. As the experienced driver, your best strategy is hoping the less experienced one pops a cylinder or spins out of control. That type of matchmaking is a stretch from chess.
    The matchmaking is similar to chess; it uses the same, basic rating system (Elo). Improving your offensive and defensive capabilities through performance enhancement ($$$) is no different for CoC than any other game.
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)

Elo? Electronic light orchestra playing? Sweeeeet

Quote Originally Posted by Uggster View Post
    Elo? Electronic light orchestra playing? Sweeeeet
    LOL. Ha ha.

For anyone interested....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)

my third account a bh3, cruising around 800/900 and I'm facing alot of bh5 like 8/10 battle i meet a bh5
    but really i never complained because i know this is the system.

Quote Originally Posted by ilhard View Post
    my third account a bh3, cruising around 800/900 and I'm facing alot of bh5 like 8/10 battle i meet a bh5
    but really i never complained because i know this is the system.
    That’s odd, as Darian suggested in the Q&A video that protections were on up to about 1500 trophies.
    Chapter One #22V00CGY Level 16 International clan
    We welcome strong TH11 and TH12 adult players with big heros for relaxed fun warring, maxing bases and some pushing. Must know where the donate button is!