Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Matchmaker Mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    If th level was playing a part, why would i see less bh4s below 1500?

I've been watching both of my bh4s lately. My strong one had no trouble moving back up in trophies. My weaker one though, in the 15 to 1600s is fairly consistently matched against higher builder halls, 100-150 trophies above him... Resulting in losses where i lose 22-25 trophies. When i win it's 30-34 trophies. This makes little sense and it almost feels like the mm is doing something weird even above 1500.

I might take the time and start tracking it. I plan to do this with my 5s during next CGs as well.
    Because BH is not the SOLE factor in the matchmaking.

No one but SC knows the exact algorithms they apply to the game when pairing two players together. We can make some inferences from what they’ve told us though.

First and foremost - below 1000 they appear to try very hard to get you up against a player of your same BH level. Originally, 1000 trophies was it - non-matched pairs picked up after that. Then Darian let slip there was something going on between 1000-1500 as well.

From 1000-1500, they still try to get you opposite the same BH but will also pit you against players of a higher level BH that is in your same, relative strength. This is especially the case if you are strong within your BH level. It seems that - for the main part - matches are of the same BH level on this range. That has certainly been my experience over the 2 or so years of the game. Any time I did get someone of a higher BH level, they were usually way beneath my actual game’s maturity. For example, I had a maxed BH4 and pulled a BH5. His defenses were L2/L3 and his troops were like L6. In all of the hundreds of matches I’ve been in under 1500 trophies, I have not even once been paired to an opponent who was truly beyond my ability to beat. I might flub my attack, maybe something goes a bit better for him than it did for me...but that’s the case with ANY match, up and down the trophy rankings.

From 1500 and up, you just go into a common pool of players within a range of X number of trophies and are semi-randomly paired with someone. There is no real matchmaking going on here - not in the sense that the term is commonly used on PvP game forums. If you have a BH5 and you get him up to 1700 trophies, you WILL see BH6 thru BH8. More oft than not, they will be exceedingly weak - low level defenses, low level troops.... I’ve shown this in several videos and it’s been my experience across literally thousands of matches including some from the last month or two.

There are underdog matches - it’s unavoidable in a system like this one. It’s just not prevalent enough to merit attention. As a player, if you rush your game - pausing just long enough to upgrade at least one key troop and any resource buildings required to advance (well, and drop new buildings) - you will be successful. It’s the way the game is designed. The more you upgrade along the way, the stronger you will be but, eventually, you will reach the point where someone with lesser yet more defenses and other buildings is able to inch you out for the win. When that happens, you’ve hit the natural upgrade point for the meta. At this point, you have a choice - either you upgrade because that IS the way the game is designed and how the vast majority of people play, or you suffer through. This is why so many forumers advise others to just upgrade to the next BH level and why debates around changing the BB matchmaker typically go down in flames.
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.

Banned
    I haven’t dropped my bb accounts to 1500, but my two maxed bases happily reside in the 2200-2500 trophy range, and enjoy crushing weaker opponents for my daily attack and clan games challenges. Before they were maxed, I was consistently above 4500, but winning slightly more than half of the time. Easier opponents makes the bb so much more enjoyable ... for me. I’m sure it’s frustrating for my opponents, who are usually fortunate to get 35%.

Just today, I, as a player with BH6 troops and defenses and 5 camps, defeated a player with BH8 defenses, BH7 troops, and 6 camps.

It is possible

Quote Originally Posted by Rascal2013 View Post
    Just today, I, as a player with BH6 troops and defenses and 5 camps, defeated a player with BH8 defenses, BH7 troops, and 6 camps.

It is possible
    It is absolutely possible - I’ve done it scores of times and even shared some in my videos. It’s why the system on the BB is so much better than what we see on the HV and also why - IMNSHO - CWL works so well. It’s not gamed nearly as much as what we see on the classic CW and regular multiplayer MM allowing mismatches and unrepresentative league placement.
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by KingChas1122 View Post
    Well, surely SC can see the complete lack of structure with BH matches when it is ALWAYS a BH7 Im going against. Im nearly a maxed BH6 but even up against a low BH7 they have the advantage of one extra camp. Completely unleveling the battlefield. IF changes arent on the December update for the BH village in regards to how we make matches I will quit this side of the game.
    when i was bh6 i sometimes beat rushed bh8. your argument is nonsense