Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Matchmaker Mechanics

Hey so I'm a new BH5 and I'm at around 1800 trophies and I hate getting matched up against all these BH6 and BH7's. I usually get destroyed and I was wondering what I should do. Should I only upgrade my troops that I use and no defense and rush to BH6 so I can use more powerful troops or should I be doing what I've been doing and max out everything, including walls, before I upgrade. Please help.

Forum Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadButter33 View Post
    Hey so I'm a new BH5 and I'm at around 1800 trophies and I hate getting matched up against all these BH6 and BH7's. I usually get destroyed and I was wondering what I should do. Should I only upgrade my troops that I use and no defense and rush to BH6 so I can use more powerful troops or should I be doing what I've been doing and max out everything, including walls, before I upgrade. Please help.
    Maxing out everything before you go to the next BH level will put you at a disadvantage. Like you are now. You said the solution in your post. Upgrade your lab and 2 most used troops then go to the next BH. There is no disadvantage to rushing on the night Base.

Upgrade it BH m8. Soz no sympathy dude.

Quote Originally Posted by BreadButter33 View Post
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post11156829
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.

So, I have some baby accounts that I keep BB low intentionally to make using them to get Clan Games completed easy.

I have found BH5 to be about the best option for this in terms of available troops and 3* %. HOwever, I have a BH4 that I have been using and have dropped to well under 1500 trophies - in the 1100s. The base is nearly maxed except for walls (which are mostly level 2) and troops (8/6/8/5/5/6 Barb/Arch/Gia/Min/Bomb/BD). I am wholly unable to get matches down here against BH4. I am consistently matched against BH5 of various completion levels.

Based on this I believe the OP claim that MM below 1500 is based on TH is erroneous. I believe it must be based on some form of defensive or offensive weight.

I haven't paid much attention to this with my BH5s that hover around 1800 trophies. Next games I will do this.
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:31 PM.
    TMBG War Clan Recruiting - Wars with TH7-11
    Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    Discord name: Doctor Worm/doug#7296
    TH10 - Doctor Worm 35/40 heroes
    TH11 - doug 46/40/14 heroes

So...below 1500, there is something else used; above 1500, it’s strictly trophy count. This is what SuperCell has stated in their previous videos/threads, so there’s no reason to doubt it. That said, they’ve never detailed what goes on with matchmaking below 1500 beyond something vague about it being designed to somewhat/somehow help lower level players NOT end up being ridiculously outmatched. Likewise, the original statement was that 1000 trophies was the marker, not 1500 although that figure changed later and it was somewhat hinted there might be different rules for different BH levels; that it wasn’t simply BHx to BHx matching and things might loosen at different levels under 1500.

The lack of details is almost certainly intentional ambiguity used to protect the integrity of the game. We’ve already seen less than scrupulous players rig their matches to exploit the game’s design (as they’ve done on the HV) in the upper trophy ranks.

A near max BH4 really doesn’t belong down around 1000 trophies, so some form of matchmaking that includes putting it up against varying levels of BH5 makes sense. If there were no matchmaking going on below 1500, I can assure you that you would be seeing much higher than BH5.
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)

yeah, I'm not saying i belong there or anything else. what I'm saying is they don't match on bh level, it's clearly strength based, probably similar to war mm in main, which is not what the OP says. that was mostly my point of the post.

i know my bh5 are mostly Max aside from walls and troops and are usually matched to 6+ but i always attributed that to trophy level. I'm no longer thinking that is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    yeah, I'm not saying i belong there or anything else. what I'm saying is they don't match on bh level, it's clearly strength based, probably similar to war mm in main, which is not what the OP says. that was mostly my point of the post.

i know my bh5 are mostly Max aside from walls and troops and are usually matched to 6+ but i always attributed that to trophy level. I'm no longer thinking that is the case.
    I read your post and understand the point you were trying to make. However, your point was incomplete and inaccurate.

In the original post, Tiler says:

‘As it happens, there is protection below 1500 trophies. Under this level, matches are also based on BH level to prevent powerful bases from trolling young bases’

This is accurate. While it is unclear what all is involved in that matchmaking algorithm below 1500 trophies, it is known that BH level plays a part. It stands to reason a CW like weighting algorithm is in use but SC has been pretty clear that this is not the case after 1500....

Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)

Quote Originally Posted by SamirMishra View Post
    Why I'm facing A BH 7 on 1500 or less trophies? That technically shows the MM is based on Trophy?
    Were you above or below the exact 1500 level? if you're at exactly 1501 or higher, it's probably some person who thinks it's funny to troll Bh4s. If you were actually below 1500, then idk, unless you yourself were actually a Bh6 or BH7

Quote Originally Posted by Noctaire View Post
    I read your post and understand the point you were trying to make. However, your point was incomplete and inaccurate.

In the original post, Tiler says:

‘As it happens, there is protection below 1500 trophies. Under this level, matches are also based on BH level to prevent powerful bases from trolling young bases’

This is accurate. While it is unclear what all is involved in that matchmaking algorithm below 1500 trophies, it is known that BH level plays a part. It stands to reason a CW like weighting algorithm is in use but SC has been pretty clear that this is not the case after 1500....

If th level was playing a part, why would i see less bh4s below 1500?

I've been watching both of my bh4s lately. My strong one had no trouble moving back up in trophies. My weaker one though, in the 15 to 1600s is fairly consistently matched against higher builder halls, 100-150 trophies above him... Resulting in losses where i lose 22-25 trophies. When i win it's 30-34 trophies. This makes little sense and it almost feels like the mm is doing something weird even above 1500.

I might take the time and start tracking it. I plan to do this with my 5s during next CGs as well.