Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Matchmaker Mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by KingChas1122 View Post
    Well, surely SC can see the complete lack of structure with BH matches when it is ALWAYS a BH7 I’m going against. I’m nearly a maxed BH6 but even up against a low BH7 they have the advantage of one extra camp. Completely unleveling the battlefield. IF changes aren’t on the December update for the BH village in regards to how we make matches I will quit this side of the game.
    Well, we'll be sorry to see you go, because it isn't going to change. It's a self policing system, and because you don't have all of the strongest tools, you can't be at the top of the ladder
    Cloud Control - Why are clouds so terrible, and what are the possible ways to get rid of them?

Forum Elder
    Well, surely SC can see the complete lack of structure with BH matches when it is ALWAYS a BH7 Iím going against. Iím nearly a maxed BH6 but even up against a low BH7 they have the advantage of one extra camp. Completely unleveling the battlefield. IF changes arenít on the December update for the BH village in regards to how we make matches I will quit this side of the game.
    So why not go to 7 and even things up? The BH is not a TH, there's no good reason not too.

In cr there's more than just trophies for match making.Generally matches r decided based on trophies not lvl or strength but there's some more factors to determine the opponent n i.e.if r on winning streak(winning much battles)then u r matched with other person who is also on a winning streak meaning tough competition.And if u r losing nany matches u get matched with another similar person on losing streak.So,maybe this may be also a factor in bh matchmaking.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazeStormz123 View Post
    In cr there's more than just trophies for match making.Generally matches r decided based on trophies not lvl or strength but there's some more factors to determine the opponent n i.e.if r on winning streak(winning much battles)then u r matched with other person who is also on a winning streak meaning tough competition.And if u r losing nany matches u get matched with another similar person on losing streak.So,maybe this may be also a factor in bh matchmaking.
    You're right, but for the wrong reasons. It's a product of the matchmaker, not an instruction for it

In a system like this, if you win several in a row, you eventually end up high enough that you're outmatched by your opponents. You can't win forever, and the stronger opponent stops your streak. Likewise, if you lose a lot, you end up fighting lower level or less skilled players. This stops your losing streak.

I'm currently on a very hot streak with my stronger drop ships and increased deployment skill, so I've jumped up over 4500 cups. But I'll reach a cap eventually where my troops and skills are evenly or over matched by my opponents, especially with my BM upgrading. That's not the game punishing me for winning, that's the trophy ladder balancing out naturally
    Last edited by Tiler; November 21st, 2017 at 03:42 PM.
    Cloud Control - Why are clouds so terrible, and what are the possible ways to get rid of them?

Well, surely SC can see the complete lack of structure with BH matches when it is ALWAYS a BH7 Iím going against. Iím nearly a maxed BH6 but even up against a low BH7 they have the advantage of one extra camp. Completely unleveling the battlefield. IF changes arenít on the December update for the BH village in regards to how we make matches I will quit this side of the game.
    Doesnít sound like any changes of that nature are on the way, based on the latest Q&A. Matchmaking on the BB makes sense and it works well; TBH, I wouldnít really want to see any changes to it. As many have said on threads here on the forums...youíve got to adjust your gameplay to match the meta and design of the BB (not the other way around). Once you reach a certain point at BH6, itís simply time to move up to BH7 and get the fifth Army Camp.
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiler View Post
    You're right, but for the wrong reasons. It's a product of the matchmaker, not an instruction for it

In a system like this, if you win several in a row, you eventually end up high enough that you're outmatched by your opponents. You can't win forever, and the stronger opponent stops your streak. Likewise, if you lose a lot, you end up fighting lower level or less skilled players. This stops your losing streak.

I'm currently on a very hot streak with my stronger drop ships and increased deployment skill, so I've jumped up over 4500 cups. But I'll reach a cap eventually where my troops and skills are evenly or over matched by my opponents, especially with my BM upgrading. That's not the game punishing me for winning, that's the trophy ladder balancing out naturally
    You didnt get what i was telling right.I'm not sure about bh match making but in cr it is like that what i hv told.I knew this from a video of clash with ash n he knew from a crQnA by supercell.So, what i told is right,it is really that along with trophies no. of matches won consecutively gets counted for matchmaking in cr.Maybe this feature be in bh too since they r similar in terms of battle mech.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazeStormz123 View Post
    You didnt get what i was telling right.I'm not sure about bh match making but in cr it is like that what i hv told.I knew this from a video of clash with ash n he knew from a crQnA by supercell.So, what i told is right,it is really that along with trophies no. of matches won consecutively gets counted for matchmaking in cr.Maybe this feature be in bh too since they r similar in terms of battle mech.
    I know what you're saying, and while that may be the case for CR (I wouldn't know, I don't play it), I don't think it's the case for the BB. Broken win and loss streaks are an effect of the trophy system. Streaks aren't taken into consideration during matchmaking. In yesterday's QnA with Darian, he said outright that matching is based on trophies.

B.B. search has been corrupted

This is Sprcell$tree , I usually find myself at high trophy levels and the search was taking a maximum of 3 mins to select an opponent pre-update. I now find myself spending between 5 to 25 mins for the same selection process after the update. I donít know if this was intentional or an oversight but it has ruined the experience. We are looking at an average of 500% time increase without exaggeration. I point this out because it seems unlikely to be an issue of player activity given the degree of difference. We have a community of high trophy players whose motivation is being eroded, please help us out

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyTree View Post
    This is Sprcell$tree , I usually find myself at high trophy levels and the search was taking a maximum of 3 mins to select an opponent pre-update. I now find myself spending between 5 to 25 mins for the same selection process after the update. I don’t know if this was intentional or an oversight but it has ruined the experience. We are looking at an average of 500% time increase without exaggeration. I point this out because it seems unlikely to be an issue of player activity given the degree of difference. We have a community of high trophy players whose motivation is being eroded, please help us out
    I wonder if it’s a “knock up” effect going on. Someone like me matches you earlier in seasons quite often as we both rise pretty fast, before you really get cranking up beyond 5000 and too high above my slower pace (you’d probably know me, Major Tom and Tom Thetabbycat from Chapter One). So I’m sitting a good way below you now near season end... but I am also almost completely inactive there this week instead of pushing, as I’m grinding the new th11 royal levels and camps on my main. I can’t be the only one. Remove a pack of us a little below you from our previous daily hyperactivity there (even if we weren’t your direct match candidates by trophies, but more like the lower trophy end matches for those who are your possible lower trophy end matches) and you thin the air in terms of numbers out there available at a given time to match.
    Last edited by Tomville; December 22nd, 2017 at 12:31 AM.
    Chapter One #22V00CGY Level 16 International clan
    We welcome strong TH11 and TH12 adult players with big heros for relaxed fun warring, maxing bases and some pushing. Must know where the donate button is!

The increasing spread of trophy levels definitely contributes Tom! But the change in pace is pretty slow over the course of the season....this change was overnight :/