Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 45

Thread: Matchmaker Mechanics

  1. #11
    Forum Hero Noctaire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,579
    SC has stated there are some protections in place for early BH levels but indicated it cuts out at some point. I’ve never been able to quite get a clear picture of when it cuts out - is it based on BH level, trophy count...both? I know my own BH3 games at the time faced BH4 players under 1000 trophies, so whatever it is, it dosn’t last for very long.

    I’ll be posting the unfair matchups thread later today; I’ve been sick as a dog all week. The long made short - the Elo system used to establish your rating (trophy ranking) is self regulating and correcting; you see BHx+1 because you achieve enough wins against higher rated players to advance you into their class. BH level is actually just a small factor in how matchmaking mechanics functions; it’s really not that important as the system is more skills based.
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.


  2. #12
    Tiler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Mount Celeste
    Posts
    6,590
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctaire View Post
    SC has stated there are some protections in place for early BH levels but indicated it cuts out at some point. I’ve never been able to quite get a clear picture of when it cuts out - is it based on BH level, trophy count...both? I know my own BH3 games at the time faced BH4 players under 1000 trophies, so whatever it is, it dosn’t last for very long.

    I’ll be posting the unfair matchups thread later today; I’ve been sick as a dog all week. The long made short - the Elo system used to establish your rating (trophy ranking) is self regulating and correcting; you see BHx+1 because you achieve enough wins against higher rated players to advance you into their class. BH level is actually just a small factor in how matchmaking mechanics functions; it’s really not that important as the system is more skills based.
    Again, thought so. But I like numbers. I'm sure it would have to cut out early to force high level players out of the bottom of the barrel. I'll write up a section on that when I get off work with your info as well as the video Smuckers is talking about
    Cloud Control - Why are clouds so terrible, and what are the possible ways to get rid of them?

  3. #13
    Forum Elder smuckerskp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiler View Post
    Again, thought so. But I like numbers. I'm sure it would have to cut out early to force high level players out of the bottom of the barrel. I'll write up a section on that when I get off work with your info as well as the video Smuckers is talking about
    I don't think he explicitly addresses the change in MM in the video. It was just an easy observation to make since I was a few hundred trophies ahead of him but was facing way easier opponents.
    #1: HQ-22 XP-65 VP-390 * GBE-40-17-17-17 TH-33 TD-30-13-13 BH-31 BD-36
    #2: HQ-22 XP-65 VP-380 * GBE-42-17-17-17-17 TH-29 TD-27-13-13-13
    XP: 137 * TH9 BK30/AQ25 3266 Best * BH8 BM25 5020 Best
    King Level: 12 * Best Season: Challenger III * Cards: 88/89 * Current Favorite: Giant

  4. #14
    Forum Elder smuckerskp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctaire View Post
    SC has stated there are some protections in place for early BH levels but indicated it cuts out at some point. I’ve never been able to quite get a clear picture of when it cuts out - is it based on BH level, trophy count...both? I know my own BH3 games at the time faced BH4 players under 1000 trophies, so whatever it is, it dosn’t last for very long.

    There were also a long of weird coincidences early on in the game. Like how I never faced a Crusher until I built my own. It could have just been the way it worked out, but it felt like MM was doing little things like that on purpose early in the game.
    #1: HQ-22 XP-65 VP-390 * GBE-40-17-17-17 TH-33 TD-30-13-13 BH-31 BD-36
    #2: HQ-22 XP-65 VP-380 * GBE-42-17-17-17-17 TH-29 TD-27-13-13-13
    XP: 137 * TH9 BK30/AQ25 3266 Best * BH8 BM25 5020 Best
    King Level: 12 * Best Season: Challenger III * Cards: 88/89 * Current Favorite: Giant

  5. #15
    Tiler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Mount Celeste
    Posts
    6,590
    Quote Originally Posted by smuckerskp View Post
    There were also a long of weird coincidences early on in the game. Like how I never faced a Crusher until I built my own. It could have just been the way it worked out, but it felt like MM was doing little things like that on purpose early in the game.
    Keep in mind that when BB was introduced, we all did more or less the same things at the same time. And that went for a week or more if I remember right. Now that people have spent varying amounts of gems, missed loot cycles or just earned differing loot from different trophy ranges, or upgraded different troops or defenses, people's progresses have diversified.
    Cloud Control - Why are clouds so terrible, and what are the possible ways to get rid of them?

  6. #16
    Forum Hero Noctaire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,579
    Two other threads where we went way down in the weeds on this topic....

    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...game-or-a-scam

    ...and...

    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...hrow-Me-a-Bone
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.


  7. #17
    Forum Elder RagnarFurias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    2,325
    mm is pretty simple. However, there are some times of the day I feel winning is easier... don’t know if that has something to do with TZ.
    Nothing here stays the same forever. You must learn to change as the game changes, or clash will force you one way or another.

  8. #18
    Tiler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Mount Celeste
    Posts
    6,590
    Quote Originally Posted by RagnarFurias View Post
    mm is pretty simple. However, there are some times of the day I feel winning is easier... don’t know if that has something to do with TZ.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-Of-Day-Effect

    Hey hey, I just happened to have written a thread about that very thing!
    Cloud Control - Why are clouds so terrible, and what are the possible ways to get rid of them?

  9. #19
    Forum Hero Noctaire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,579
    Quote Originally Posted by RagnarFurias View Post
    mm is pretty simple. However, there are some times of the day I feel winning is easier... don’t know if that has something to do with TZ.
    There are definitely ToD effects, but I think it's more regional playing styles than anything else. Every region has its own style of play - things they do in their bases, ways they attack, preferred upgrade paths...that sort of thing. If you're not accustomed to how one region plays vs how your own does...it tends to upset your progress. That's not so much a matchmaker thing though as much as it is just playing style.

    In the offense sections of the Four Pillars write ups, I talk about the importance of attack versatility; this is one of those areas where I think it really shines through....
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.


  10. #20
    Well, surely SC can see the complete lack of structure with BH matches when it is ALWAYS a BH7 Im going against. Im nearly a maxed BH6 but even up against a low BH7 they have the advantage of one extra camp. Completely unleveling the battlefield. IF changes arent on the December update for the BH village in regards to how we make matches I will quit this side of the game.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •