Page 1 of 152 1231151101 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: December 2017 Update Speculation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Trainee

December 2017 Update Speculation

Hello everyone! It's almost that time of year; the snow starts falling, the trees begin to go up...you all know what I'm talking about. Christmas! And with every Christmas in the past 2-3 years, Supercell has given us a really big update to celebrate Christmas. The December 2015 update brought TH11 and loads of changes to the shield and loot system, the grand warden etc. Last year's update added new levels for existing troops and defenses, as well as the BK and AQ. However, nothing "New" was added; as in, no new troops or features. The ice wizard and freeze traps were temporary. They did add 30v30 and 40v40 to war I believe, but it was still the same old war.

It seems that this year SC will also be doing something pretty big, as there are usually 2 large updates per year, and we haven't had one of those since May 2017 which added the Builder Base which was...controversial to say the least. Some things are basically guaranteed to happen, such as a new obstacle, balance changes, New levels, etc. However what do you think will be added that is "New?" (This is mostly directed for the main village, but if you'd like you can list some things you would like to see added to BB)

I personally hope for the Giant Skeleton to become a permanent dark troop, with a few tweaks here and there to make it a bit more balanced. Besides that I'd hope for a new game mode for the home village.

I had a random idea of a 3v3 mode where each side takes turns attacking the other. Each team decides on who's base to use, and that base will be the base which all 3 attackers attack at the same time. The two teammates of yours can create an army composition which all 3 of you use to defend your base from the other 3 attackers. When the attack is done the other team switches to defense and your team to offense. Defense team has 1 minute to choose the base to defend and 30 seconds to train an army, which does not cost elixir or takes building time. The attack team has 1 minute to scout the base and make a plan, and 30 seconds each to create an army they will use to attack the Base with. Team with more stars wins. In case of same stars, Percentage wins. In case if same percentage, time taken to attack wins. It would be pretty hard to balance, and maybe wouldn't be the best idea, but some new game mode for the home village would be appreciated.

Some more War MM balances would also be appreciated, and in order to solve the clouds in higher leagues, perhaps remove or reduce guard time? Make legend PvP? Who knows. Oh yeah, I also think BH8 will be added this update. Maybe BH wars? Honestly I wouldn't like it too much, as it would not really fit the whole Vs. battle thing the BB has going for it.

I honestly doubt a brand new Town Hall right now, as there are still a ton of things which need to be improved before we should move on to TH12. Right now imo supercell's goal should be adding more "fun" and "depth" to the game rather than trying to make it longer and harder to max out.

TL;DR: Add a new troop, maybe Giant Skeleton permanently, a new game mode, MM balancing, and other quality of life changes that would being veteran players back and new players in. For BB I feel like they'd definitely add BH8.

What do you guys think will be added in this update? Leave your thoughts below😃😃

Forum Superstar
    i guess a lvl7 pekka since i saw that on some video showing the golden "7" shining on the attacker's pekka on troops used list
    mostly lvl 8 for barch (all others got new levels time to time)

& BH8, lvl16 troops for builder base

i hope for:-
    revert AI changes
    cloud fix
    th12 seems very unlikely this year, maybe in june 2018 i think

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by suhasbhat26 View Post
    i guess a lvl7 pekka since i saw that on some video showing the golden "7" shining on the attacker's pekka on troops used list

revert AI changes
    cloud fix
    I agree. Also level 8 goblins and some upgraded spells would be nice.
    👊🏼 Mister 008 and Rusher 008, Co-Leader of Venum Elite 👊🏼 Mister 008- TH12.5, 60/60/30
    Walls:
    50 magma, 239 marble, 11 zap

Quote Originally Posted by suhasbhat26 View Post

revert AI changes
    cloud fix
    I agree with you there, I had 3 different thoughts of when th12 would drop, the first one was for the end of this year but that doesn't look like it'll be happening now, so my next thought in regards to th12 would be within the first 3 months of 2018 or June/July time frame of 2018. Either way I'm in no way rushing it, I am still in the process of maxing th9.

I'm not gonna speculate overmuch, Supercell zigs when you think they're gonna zag. Zags when you think they're gonna zig. But we can surely expect the temporary return of the Snow Mage and Frost Trap.
    Last edited by Tribul; October 31st, 2017 at 03:20 PM.

I think they will release a driving game that is connected to the path the donated troops take. It's gotta be either that or a fishing game off of the dock of that other base they gave us. I can't wait for either one of them!
    I'm an engineer with an actual engineering degree, lol.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #7
    I know what is coming, and dang.. its like a Ferrari compared to a Prius.

Dont attack me its a joke

Quote Originally Posted by LachNessMeownster View Post
    its like a Ferrari compared to a Prius.
    What was the comparison last time... a Go Kart and a Bugatti?

Quote Originally Posted by Tribul View Post
    What was the comparison last time... a Go Kart and a Bugatti?
    Kart here.

Go Karts are fun okay.

TH10 | Omega clan family
    Reddit Omega [Clan now retired] |
    Omega Labs | Reddit Omicron

Good one, Tribul!