Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Halloween or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Helen112 View Post
    I honestly have no idea what "Halloween values" are exactly. It is, of course, everyone's right to opt out from playing at any time.

Personally, I chose to enjoy every holiday. I'm an atheist but if Hay Day had a Hanukah (spelling?) or Kwanza or Ramadan or Divali theme I'd enjoy it and continue playing as usual. I chose not to be offended by holidays of other cultures. Whatever floats your boat, as Saul Goodman said.
    I prefer to call myself a person of no faith because atheist seems to be very militant to many people. Anyway, back to the point. What is the point to have to let everyone that you object to Halloween? Then just take a break, quietly. I don't "celebrate" Christmas but I decorate the house and enjoy the season with others who celebrate. I don't tell them I don't believe in it, I let them enjoy it.

Part of growing old, is maturing, and learning to let other people have their fun. That said, I love my little graveyard on my farm. I keep it all year around, Seems appropriate for a very old family farm.

Quote Originally Posted by xenkitty View Post
    I prefer to call myself a person of no faith because atheist seems to be very militant to many people. Anyway, back to the point. What is the point to have to let everyone that you object to Halloween? Then just take a break, quietly. I don't "celebrate" Christmas but I decorate the house and enjoy the season with others who celebrate. I don't tell them I don't believe in it, I let them enjoy it.
    Perfect response. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Choppies View Post
    Hi. I am getting withdrawal symptoms because I decided not to play Halloween. Please can anyone tell me when it endsI want to play!!!!
    I canít say with certainty when it will be done but the gift hunt on Gregís farm will end on November 5th (which just happens to be Guy Fawkes Day) so I think it will be safe for you to come back on the 6th. 😊👍
    Last edited by BostonGirl; November 1st, 2019 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Bold text

Quote Originally Posted by Dogdogchicken View Post
    Part of growing old, is maturing, and learning to let other people have their fun. That said, I love my little graveyard on my farm. I keep it all year around, Seems appropriate for a very old family farm.
    I love your sentiments, Dogdogchicken!
    In the rural area I live in, there are very old homes, and ruins of homes that have small family cemeteries. Some headstones are barely legible, and have dates in the 1700’s and 1800’s. These little family graveyards are greatly treasured in our area.

Thank you, Dogdogchicken, for reminding me of the beauty, tenderness, priceless treasure these family farm graveyards are, and that they are appropriate when wanted on HayDay farms.
    Last edited by AsYouWish; November 2nd, 2019 at 10:31 AM.
    "As you wish."
    As You Wish: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UquVCYL4C0Q
    I love this game, and the people who create and play it.
    For the dis-gruntled: Nick Vujicic: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6P2nPI6CTlc
    Happy: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM

Pro Member
    This game should be fun and relaxing. If it is not then it is time to take a break. Just make sure that your neighborhood knows you will be absent. Make sure, if you are the leader, you assign someone else as leader so that neighborhood maintenance can be taken care of. Enjoy your break.
    Heart in Hands
    Silver chicken on a purple heart.
    Tag #8OU9VOOV
    Mother Hen
    Tag#LVQYJVPC

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    Thank you for sharing the above. I will use it to devote myself to self improvement.

---
    Lynn
    November 1, 2019
    Last edited by LynnK2015; November 1st, 2019 at 07:40 PM.
    In what ways am I grateful? Let me count my blessings.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...essings-Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Helen112 View Post
    I honestly have no idea what "Halloween values" are exactly. It is, of course, everyone's right to opt out from playing at any time.

Personally, I chose to enjoy every holiday. I'm an atheist but if Hay Day had a Hanukah (spelling?) or Kwanza or Ramadan or Divali theme I'd enjoy it and continue playing as usual. I chose not to be offended by holidays of other cultures. Whatever floats your boat, as Saul Goodman said.
    I do not see any Halloween values in the game. If you do not want to buy decorations, don't. I did not participate in last event since I did not want decos. But if people want to feel offended by something, go for it.

I have an all year graveyard too. I have had it almost since the start.

Back to the theme of the thread I am a little surprised, that Halloween can scare (yes pun intended) anyone off. But if it is not you, then just taking a break is a good solution. I liked the suggestion mentioned earlier where we could choose to opt in or out of a theme. I would think that Christmas could be a bigger issue worldwide, since not everyone is into celebrating Jesus' birth.

All Hallows Eve is actually an old Christian tradition. It can be easy to forget
    , since it quite commercial these days. Like Christmas by the way.
    Last edited by L26; November 2nd, 2019 at 08:25 PM.

Hi, did not want to announce that I was not playing. Simply wanted to know when its over. And actually we in South Africa have never known or have had a tradition like Halloween. Apologies if i offended anyone.

All Hallows Eve is actually an old Christian tradition. It can be easy to forget
    , since it quite commercial these days. Like Christmas by the way.[/QUOTE]