Page 139 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139
Results 1,381 to 1,384 of 1384

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clan War Mismatch - Gathering new infoz (again for science)

Quote Originally Posted by Wachichi View Post
    #20CJCRC8V, war kings too, GMT 7.15AM july 30 2020.
    They have two more th13 than us. We have a 9 win streak they have a 17 win streak.

Their heros and bases are more leveled up top. So what sucks is we did put in a th7 and a th8 to fill rhe last two spots in the war instead of taking out three th11. I think its a bit gross that we have to take out 3 th11 instead of putting in some low bases to fill. Why can't the system just ignore the low bases instead of apparently adding a huge amount of weight and matching us vs engineers?! I mean the enemy has quite a few low bases down there and seems to be getting good matchups... something is broken here. We aren't trying to effect the matchmaker to get an advantage. In fact I didn't want to include the bottom 3 or 4 players in our war because i knew from reading this thread that it could mean we get an unfair match. But i didn't want to take out people either. They ARE trying to get an unfair advantage and its working for them that shouldn't be possible in th13 wars.
    So on cocp.it that matchup does not look that bad. In fact it is pretty even. I also noticed two 11s near the bottom that stood out to me since they were flagged as engies on your side. First one was this:

https://www.clashofstats.com/players...L0RVQVUV8/army

That base sure looks engineered to me... Unless you are using that term to only refer to sandbagged defense. The base below it, mini Andrew is built exactly the same. Clearly trying to save by avoiding offensive weight.

Do you happen to have hero or gold weight comparisons for this match? It's way too big for me to do manually. But without that there's really no way to say one way or the other on this.

ETA actually those bases have somewhat sandbagged defenses too. Yet both have fully maxed army camps, and th11 maxed edrags and loons. These are clearly engineered bases. Do you have any others like this in your lineup?
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; 3 Days Ago at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    So on cocp.it that matchup does not look that bad. In fact it is pretty even. I also noticed two 11s near the bottom that stood out to me since they were flagged as engies on your side. First one was this:

https://www.clashofstats.com/players...L0RVQVUV8/army

That base sure looks engineered to me... Unless you are using that term to only refer to sandbagged defense. The base below it, mini Andrew is built exactly the same. Clearly trying to save by avoiding offensive weight.

Do you happen to have hero or gold weight comparisons for this match? It's way too big for me to do manually. But without that there's really no way to say one way or the other on this.

ETA actually those bases have somewhat sandbagged defenses too. Yet both have fully maxed army camps, and th11 maxed edrags and loons. These are clearly engineered bases. Do you have any others like this in your lineup?
    They where the two th11 that I was thinking about taking out with the th7 and th8. I should have and usually do. (No there are no other engineered bases). I still feel it was a missmatch. It would be more fair if all four of those bases where considered to be th11 It seems by putting in low town hall level bases the opposing team had not only one more leveled up th13, but also an extra th13 that was only just th13 and lower than other th12.
    I can see how you would say it was not that bad clearly far worse matchups happen. They had one more th13 defensively. but having two more th13 offensively is a big advantage combined higher level th13 than us in so far as 6 high level defenders versus 4 high level defenders. And 14 high level attacks vs 10 high level attacks. Whether this was a missmatch depends on the criteria. This isn't me complaining about our matchup or asking why it happened or for advice on how we can fix it. This is me reporting something for science. Thanks for your analysis.
    Last edited by Wachichi; 2 Days Ago at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wachichi View Post
    They where the two th11 that I was thinking about taking out with the th7 and th8. I should have and usually do. (No there are no other engineered bases). I still feel it was a missmatch. It would be more fair if all four of those bases where considered to be th11 It seems by putting in low town hall level bases the opposing team had not only one more leveled up th13, but also an extra th13 that was only just th13 and lower than other th12.
    I can see how you would say it was not that bad clearly far worse matchups happen. They had one more th13 defensively. but having two more th13 offensively is a big advantage combined higher level th13 than us in so far as 6 high level defenders versus 4 high level defenders. And 14 high level attacks vs 10 high level attacks. Whether this was a missmatch depends on the criteria. This isn't me complaining about our matchup or asking why it happened or for advice on how we can fix it. This is me reporting something for science. Thanks for your analysis.
    Yup.

Remember a couple of things too-

First, when you have lopsided accounts like that you have a higher risk if matching others doing the same.

Second, you continue to talk about th level with respect to being overmatched. This is mostly meaningless. You can have th13s that are easily 3* by a weak 12 and/or can't hit higher than 11. The real test for a bad matchup is hero levels, troops levels and gold weight. That 13 sitting in the middle of those 12s is unlikely to be able to defend a strong 12 attack.

If you have discord for your clan you can add sidekick and it gives you a nice hero comparison at the start of each war. This can give you a good idea of which way the match leans right at the start.

One last thing to bear in mind that we talk about here over and over and over. That is the fact that the mm simply doesn't recognize a huge difference between 12s and 13s. Right now, as you cross the halfway point at 12 you're much more likely to draw 13s.
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; 2 Days Ago at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    Yup.
    I
    Remember a couple of things too-

First, when you have lopsided accounts like that you have a higher risk if matching others doing the same.

Second, you continue to talk about th level with respect to being overmatched. This is mostly meaningless. You can have th13s that are easily 3* by a weak 12 and/or can't hit higher than 11. The real test for a bad matchup is hero levels, troops levels and gold weight. That 13 sitting in the middle of those 12s is unlikely to be able to defend a strong 12 attack.

If you have discord for your clan you can add sidekick and it gives you a nice hero comparison at the start of each war. This can give you a good idea of which way the match leans right at the start.
    Thanks for your advice. I will try that and for sure won't be putting in lopsided or lower than usual bases. Of course I just did that rather than choosing which faithful and solid th11+ to take out. When I talked about town halls I am talking about heros. I wouldn't consider adding a matchup here as a missmatch if it wasnt largely missmatched on heros. The top 4 where simillar to ours, near max defence and 70+/70+/45+/20 plus like us. their number 5 and 6 was aswell. However our number 5 was like their low th13 which was #12 40/50/30/10 ish. And it had mostly th12 defences with some big defences. Compared to s near max th13 #5 and #6
    Thats why i call missmatch th13 heros troops and defence. However they where also the better team on the day the loss is fine I do think its worth posting how teams are achieving favourable missmatches and I believe this is the case on thier side.
    Last edited by Wachichi; 2 Days Ago at 02:30 PM.