Page 127 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1296

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clan War Mismatch - Gathering new infoz (again for science)

  1. #1261
    Forum Veteran Thegreatpuma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Druidia
    Posts
    1,596
    Quote Originally Posted by CamoKazi View Post
    I agree with everything you've mentioned .. at least to a certain extent.

    I realize th isn't a real indicator of strength generally. I included tje th discrepancy because 1) in this case such a large difference does give a pretty good idea of the lack of balance and 2) although I did look through the respective offenses to see the difference I don't have the tools (read: too lazy, lol) to format them all for comparison so 3) I used that in part to get Darian's (or whomever) attention on the assumption they have the tools and/or experience to compare efficiently.

    We do have 3 10s in the lineup with infernos but your point is still legitimate. Yes, there is a tendency to concentrate on offense before defense which I'm sure is pretty widespread throughout the game. We also tend to upgrade our existing defenses prior to building the new ones. We do however totally max everything at one level before moving to the next th for the most part outside of the two glaring exceptions. The fact this effects our matching is known and accepted. We play for fun only, not a serious war clan or anything, and yet we still have a fair decent war log so not really needing a fix. Again we're used to a certain amount of perceived imbalance, I merely brought this one to peoples attention as it seemed unusually so.
    Agree. The concentrating on offense over defense is pervasive, but no longer is it a huge advantage. We noticed this in my baby clan when our TH9s started getting stronger offenses, we started pulling bases with xbows, and shortly maxed xbows and defenses. At that point I had our nines drop their xbows...and we noticed no real change in the matchups. So not having the xbows was actually hindering us.

    Two comments:

    1. if three of your tens have infernos (assuming they have both), that leaves 21 infernos for your 3 12s and 9 11s. Even if the 3 12s don't have the third, that means that there are bases in there that are missing TH10 defenses. I'd get this rectified ASAP as it's probably not helping your matchups.

    2. Also, bear in mind that as bases approach being maxed they become much more likely to pull higher level THs with weaker defense.


    Quote Originally Posted by Catwings View Post
    Happy New Year!

    Clan ID: #G090RR2G
    Clan name: Wild INNOCENCE
    War Start Date: December 30, 2018(JST), December 29, 2018(GMT)
    War Start Date: 03:16(JST), 18:16(GMT)
    Comment: We have 5 TH12, this enemy team has 6 TH12. We got three star from less than TH11 each other, and we got two star from TH12 each other. It was typical. We don't have super players, we lost. This enemy team has some higher TH on the whole. Sometimes I think, what number should low TH player attack?
    Hi Catwings.

    You have engineered TH10 and TH9 sitting below some TH8s. You've also got some garbage bases at the bottom (th7, 6, and a 3/4?) However your recent war record is solid, so I am not sure what you're expecting.

    Either way, if you want to test changes, I'd suggest you start by narrowing your TH range and dumping your sandbagged 9 & 10. They do not seem to be adding any value and are likely only skewing your opponents towards similar lineups.

    Examining the war you cite specifically, you lost by one star. Two of your TH12s dipped to cover TH9s and one TH12 missed an attack, while two TH9s and a TH10 did not attack at all. Near as I can tell this war was perfectly winnable and not at all an example of any sort of mismatch. If that sandbagged TH10, or any of your 9s covers the two 9s the 12s hit, that gives you 3 more total attacks to get 1*+% to win the war.
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; January 3rd, 2019 at 03:22 PM.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH7-11
    Official sister clan to Ancient Hunters
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH10 - Doctor Worm permamax (for now)
    TH11 - doug 43/50/20 heroes

  2. #1262
    This is unbalanced.
    30vs30
    Our clan #LYCG0L9G vs #L8R9QUPG
    T12 3vs3
    t11 11 (9eagles) vs 17 (12 eagles)
    t10 9 vs 7
    t9 6 vs 3
    t8 1 vs 0

    Well, maybe we succeed, but must be more skilled than them. Equal skilled, they win.
    Last edited by GrogBetatester; January 5th, 2019 at 09:02 AM.

  3. #1263
    Forum Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,891
    24 vs 36? Yes I'd say that is unbalanced for a 30v30 war
    Last edited by MrJackrabbit; January 4th, 2019 at 03:41 PM.
    If you're not smarter than the guy you're dealing with you lose.
    You failed to utilize the most effective strategy by not using the most available resources to affect your outcome.
    I play to win. You play to see how tough you are.
    Defeat the enemy anyway you can.

  4. #1264
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJackrabbit View Post
    24 vs 36? Yes I'd say that is unbalanced for a 30v30 war
    Yes, I apologize. Swapped th10 th9 and th8 data, now is correct.
    p.s. just in case, we won, because opponents were inactive and not skilled.
    Last edited by GrogBetatester; January 5th, 2019 at 09:04 AM.

  5. #1265
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    151
    Clan Id: #RP9PJRVV
    clan name: Dad's farmy
    War start date/ time : 5th Jan 19 11:00 GMT approx
    Comments: no fun to play wars like this

  6. #1266
    Forum Veteran Thegreatpuma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Druidia
    Posts
    1,596
    Quote Originally Posted by GrogBetatester View Post
    This is unbalanced.
    30vs30
    Our clan #LYCG0L9G vs #L8R9QUPG
    T12 3vs3
    t11 11 (9eagles) vs 17 (12 eagles)
    t10 9 vs 7
    t9 6 vs 3
    t8 1 vs 0

    Well, maybe we succeed, but must be more skilled than them. Equal skilled, they win.
    No information about hero levels or strength. Straight up th numbers are virtually meaningless. Looking at cocp.it though you won this war by 20 stars...



    Quote Originally Posted by Postal View Post
    Clan Id: #RP9PJRVV
    clan name: Dad's farmy
    War start date/ time : 5th Jan 19 11:00 GMT approx
    Comments: no fun to play wars like this
    Not enough information for me to help you out. I did look you up on cocp.it. you're regularly warring with sandbagged th11. This will not help your matchups.

  7. #1267
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    No information about hero levels or strength. Straight up th numbers are virtually meaningless. Looking at cocp.it though you won this war by 20 stars...
    Yes, we won, because several villages never attack and we more skilled.
    Hero levels: considering each village from 1 to 10, we was better 7 times, they 3 times.

    Agree that th itself is meaningless, but things changed in past 2-3 years: absolute DL vanished, but still there are a lot of "engeneerized" t10-t11, with no eagle (or inferno) and the rest maxed. These villages often are same position of th9, or th10 low, but a th9 never can't 3star. Often, they are 3starred only by a strong th11 attack.
    If you have same strong th12 on the top, difference of th in the medium may be still relevant.
    Last edited by GrogBetatester; January 6th, 2019 at 09:55 AM.

  8. #1268
    Its riduculous how mismatched clan wars are.
    We have a decent clan but for last 5 clan war leagues they been putting us up against town homes 5 levels higher than our highest person.
    Theres no chance to win.
    Im about ready to delete the game.

  9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1269
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry12pack View Post
    Its riduculous how mismatched clan wars are.
    We have a decent clan but for last 5 clan war leagues they been putting us up against town homes 5 levels higher than our highest person.
    Theres no chance to win.
    Im about ready to delete the game.
    There is no matching in CWL.

    Locking thread until after CWL ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

  10. #1270
    Forum Champion StormHeart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Philippines via Memphis, Tn. USA
    Posts
    5,145
    Name: Stormy Knights
    Tag #8LJ0CV98
    Time: 1-23-19 approx 5pm hong kong time.

    I wouldn't normally add this but we keep seeing engineers again. Not overtly engineered like the bad old days but a few bases engineered. In this war they brought two TH10s with no infernos and high level troops. This allowed them to get in more TH11s than we have. Thus paring our 9s against TH10s. The 10s can easily wipe out the nines.

    Even though I think we will win this war, I keep seeing this. EVERY war in the last two months we've been matched vs significantly higher THs. We often win because they can't attack well but the war match is off. Two or three hours to match and get a less than fair match. It's not horrible but it just keeps happening. Making me think we are doing something wrong. My next TH10 will not get infernos.

    Edit: Got my wars mixed up. this time they only got more TH10s in the war, not 11s. Even though I got off on my wars, it is still accurate, just change to more TH10s there were no 11s in ths war. :P

    Puma, I would have answered you but Darian stated this thread isn't for discussion, just reporting.
    Last edited by StormHeart; January 24th, 2019 at 01:03 PM.

    Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Join us on Discord
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8
    My post is opinion unless I specifically state it's a fact.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •