Page 142 of 144 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 1433

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clan War Mismatch - Gathering new infoz (again for science)

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1411
    Quote Originally Posted by FlamingRedFire View Post
    Been getting a lot of mismatches lately and it is getting frustrating. I really think supercell needs to weight the townhall more in the formula.

This last war is just ridiculous. Opposing clan - TWO TH 10 and THREE TH9 versus my clan - One TH10, One th9, TWO th8 and one th7.

We have still been winning some wars with these mismatches, but it makes the game not very enjoyable when you have to be perfect to just have a chance to win. This last one was just too much.

Clan ID: CL9992GL
    Clan Name: Fire Spectrum
    War Start Date: 10/22/2020
    War Start Time: About 8:45 PM Central Time

The Number 5 in their clan easily gained three stars against our number 5. Our Number three barely three stared their number 5. Just not fair.
    5v5 wars with a 4 TH spread are always going to be hard to match. There simply aren't very many clans with a similar spread searching at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    By weighting the hall more, do you mean giving it some weight? As of right now, those lower halls don't have weight. Th12 has weight because of the defense that is included inside it, that is what has weight.

With just hall levels, it is hard to say whether it was a mismatch.

You're running a spread of th10-th7 in only 5v5 wars. That makes a bit hard on the matchmaker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    5v5 wars with a 4 TH spread are always going to be hard to match. There simply aren't very many clans with a similar spread searching at any time.
    Also, to add to my prior post, I looked up your Th9, which appears to be a permanently maxed th9. It is natural to expect that player to match (players don't match other players exactly but for sake of discussion) th9s, where he has an advantage, and th10s, where he has a disadvantage assuming they aren't rushed. One way your th9 could avoid feeling like he is mismatched against early th10s is to become one himself.

I also see 2 losses and a few ties out of your last 20 wars that I can see online. It doesn't look like you get many mismatches, though those many clans you get 100% against might disagree.
    Last edited by 2222; October 24th, 2020 at 12:19 AM.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

to add to what others said, TH is mostly meaningless when judging mismatches. share gold weight and hero and troop levels of both sides to see how much of a mismatch of truly is.

Since I don't know the formula, then yes I would add some weight for town hall level if here is none. The problem is that the higher town hall level gives the opponent the opportunity to use a potion to boost troops and give them a much easier attack. We are just finding if the opponents can attack at all with any decency, we hope for a tie. It also changes what heros are available at each level.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Also, to add to my prior post, I looked up your Th9, which appears to be a permanently maxed th9. It is natural to expect that player to match (players don't match other players exactly but for sake of discussion) th9s, where he has an advantage, and th10s, where he has a disadvantage assuming they aren't rushed. One way your th9 could avoid feeling like he is mismatched against early th10s is to become one himself.

I also see 2 losses and a few ties out of your last 20 wars that I can see online. It doesn't look like you get many mismatches, though those many clans you get 100% against might disagree.
    Yeah we are winning wars because we often are better attackers and because in a few cases the other clans top village don't attack. It is just getting frustrating as we have to get a perfect 15 to win many times. I understand the case on the Max TH, but we are also bringing in some new TH levels - the one spent about 1000 gems and builder potions to just get troops up high enough to be able to barely 3 star.

Yeah we are winning wars because we often are better attackers and because in a few cases the other clans top village don't attack. It is just getting frustrating as we have to get a perfect 15 to win many times. I understand the case on the Max TH, but we are also bringing in some new TH levels - the one spent about 1000 gems and builder potions to just get troops up high enough to be able to barely 3 star.
    I'm not sure what you are asking for, do you want your perma-max th9 to only ever match th9s, meaning you have an advantage every time unless the other clan happens to also have a fully maxed th9? Fully maxed isn't all that common, most players upgrade to the next hall once they are max (or prior to that). I think you should expect to see some newer th10s rather than just always getting a weaker th9 and, again, there is a solution: upgrade to th10.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Since I don't know the formula, then yes I would add some weight for town hall level if here is none. The problem is that the higher town hall level gives the opponent the opportunity to use a potion to boost troops and give them a much easier attack. We are just finding if the opponents can attack at all with any decency, we hope for a tie. It also changes what heros are available at each level.
    no, actually the lab allows that, not the th.

the only weight added on th upgrade is from 11 to 12 for obvious reasons. if you're going to run perma maxed bases you're going to get th mismatches. the only way to avoid this is to keep upgrading.

CLAN NAME: MOST WANTED
    CLAN TAG:#G22C89RV
    CLAN WAR START TIME:19:00 gmt
    CLAN WAR START DATE:10/11/2020

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
    GOD DAMN I AM TH 11 AND I HAD MATCHED WITH MAX TH 12 HELP ME OUT
    ITS A COMPLETE MISMATCH AND WE ARE GOING TO LOSE THAT WAR BECAUSE OF THIS MISMATCH WHICH I CANT ACCEPT

Quote Originally Posted by clashertitanaj View Post
    I AM TH 11 AND I HAD MATCHED WITH MAX TH 12 HELP ME OUT
    ITS A COMPLETE MISMATCH AND WE ARE GOING TO LOSE THAT WAR BECAUSE OF THIS MISMATCH WHICH I CANT ACCEPT
    You don’t match one other player. That isn’t how matchmaking works. You also can see the responses from the last time you complained about the same thing:

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    Looked you up on cocp.it: https://cocp.it/clan/G22C89RV

First, you're running huge TH ranges. Second, you often match 12s and 13s that you 3* so just the fact that you have 11 at the top and they have a 12 does not mean this is a mismatch. Further I see you occasionally carry sandbagged Th11s in your lineup. Don't do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaledonian View Post
    You haven't been matched with anything. The MMA matches clans as best it can depending on the rosters presented to it. Individual "matches" don't figure & I don't see any Commandment that says thou shalt always attack thy mirror.

From puma's comment, it's clear you need to stop throwing the entire clan at every war. Narrow your TH range & leave out any lopsided bases if you're looking for reasonable matches.

And turn off the caps lock; all majiscule or uppercase is considered SHOUTING!
    I will also add that it looks like you run engineered bases. You have th11s sitting below th10s and th10 below th9.
    Last edited by 2222; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by clashertitanaj View Post
    CLAN NAME: MOST WANTED
    CLAN TAG:#G22C89RV
    CLAN WAR START TIME:19:00 gmt
    CLAN WAR START DATE:10/11/2020

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
    GOD DAMN I AM TH 11 AND I HAD MATCHED WITH MAX TH 12 HELP ME OUT
    I see you're still ignoring the responses you get here, and now you're yelling about it. Revel in ignorance much?
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH9-13
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH11 - Doctor Worm 50/50/20 heroes/near max d
    TH12 - doug 65/65/40 heroes