Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clan War Mismatch - Gathering new infoz (again for science)

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1

Clan War Mismatch - Gathering new infoz (again for science)

We're still gathering information on how the matchmaking changes are impacting everyone. While we can and do review these data, it's difficult to monitor millions of records trying to find specific results. If you feel you were mismatched in your Clan War, then we'll require some information from you.

To make things much simpler than before, there are only 4 bits of information we'll need:

Clan ID:
    Clan name:
    War Start Date:
    War Start Time (GMT):
    Comment:

Make sure the time zone is noted, though we prefer GMT.

The start time is largely to make sure we're looking at the right war. Once a week I'll be giving this report to the engineers to review.

Feel free to include a comment of what was mismatched. Though we can see the War results, we also want to get your perspective as well as it's important to understand your point of view too.

If you're not comfortable sharing any of the above information on the forums, feel free to PM me the information with the subject line [Clan Mismatch] so I know to review the message.
    "For six long years I've been in trouble,
    No pleasures here on earth I found
    For in this world I'm bound to ramble,
    I have no friends to help me now"
    - O Brother, Where Art Thou?

This is awesome. When you put up that chart that included adding wall level information, I through my hands up, man. I started doing the chart but when I saw the walls, I said "no way." Not too bad to provide the wall information for my on bases because I can just remove all and get the count.

I understand why you need it but that was just too much and felt like I'll tell you where it is and you go get it. You have tools that I don't have. Glad to see you doing this.

Just some information in general. We've been having better wars. Not as good as we'd like but I do see improvements. Until the recent war performance get to around 4 wars won. Losing one doesn't help much. Losing two or a loss and a tie seems to help.

We are at four wins again so I expect the next war to be bad and if we win that the one after that will be horrible. :P

The problem we are getting is that they get in one TH10 with max camps and spell factories vs out TH9s. That is going to kill both of our top TH9s and we have to be perfect just not to lose. Just some general info on our makeup.

We are doing 10vs10 with TH9s and 8s only.

All of bases have added ALL defenses. Our TH8s generally have low mortars, that's the limit to our game playing with the MM. We do have one nine that I have been encouraging to get her defenses up. She's got some level 3 mortars. Pretty weak. I know this isn't science but really those TH10 with one or two troops maxed don't seem to have the offense weight they should have. I suggest keying heavily on the camp size. I don't see how you can really account for one or two max troops with all the other troops quite low. That's how they are beating the system though. Camps and spell factories would probably go a long way to countering their manipulation.

The next time we have a mismatch, I'll be back with the info you requested.
    Last edited by StormHeart; 3 Weeks Ago at 01:37 PM.

Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...ng-for-Members

This is a great idea, including the part about saying why the person thinks it is a mismatch. Players often say SC doesn't understand why A, B, or C are so important in the war match. Well, here is your chance to explain it and point it out in your match. So, for example, if it is 10v10 and the other team has two extra th11s, while you have an advantage in the bottom two spots, point out with your post why that is a terrible match.

Question Darian, and perhaps I already violated it, do you want this thread to have discussion or to just be a list of match postings by players? A discussion allows players to comment on whether it is a mismatch, discuss the problem, etc., but that also makes it harder for you to have to scroll through and read all of the posts to get to the matches.
    Th11 here, several other accounts th8-10 (ok 6 more accounts, don't tell my wife). Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Some tips/thoughts on Legends here. Engineers aren't the problem, they are the symptom of a problematic matchmaker. My Legends hope: PvP 5500+ with attack limit, leave rest same, including usual legends from 5000-5499. Contact SC here

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    This is a great idea, including the part about saying why the person thinks it is a mismatch. Players often say SC doesn't understand why A, B, or C are so important in the war match. Well, here is your chance to explain it and point it out in your match. So, for example, if it is 10v10 and the other team has two extra th11s, while you have an advantage in the bottom two spots, point out with your post why that is a terrible match.

Question Darian, and perhaps I already violated it, do you want this thread to have discussion or to just be a list of match postings by players? A discussion allows players to comment on whether it is a mismatch, discuss the problem, etc., but that also makes it harder for you to have to scroll through and read all of the posts to get to the matches.
    I prefer this thread purely for info gathering if possible. We can have other discussion threads. This way it's easier to sort through this thread for information instead of having to parse through conversational elements.
    "For six long years I've been in trouble,
    No pleasures here on earth I found
    For in this world I'm bound to ramble,
    I have no friends to help me now"
    - O Brother, Where Art Thou?

1Clan Name: Serial Killers
    Clan Tag: #28PP2CYP
    Start: In Preparation Day Now
    End: In Progress
    Note: Will add start and end when war is completed.

We have 1 TH11
    4 TH10
    4 TH9
    1 TH8

They Have 6 TH11
    3 TH10
    1 TH9

The concern is basically that our defenses are helpless against maxed out TH11 troops, they only max out 2 or 3 troops but it’s enough to make it come down to the top TH every time. We fight to clear all their bases, when they just roll over ours and then it comes down to one TH if we clear everything. This isn’t a fair fight because our defenses no matter how well we create our bases have no chance to stop them.

Very frustrated Clan as no matter how we do our lineup or switch things around we continue to get these type of matchups.
    Last edited by TwoEyedCyclops; 3 Weeks Ago at 03:48 PM.

1) Clan Warriors! #Y9LJC2Y9
    2) 24th November, 19:24 GMT
    3) 25th November, 18:24 GMT

1. The evil within #YGRL2C9C
    2. Started Oct. 21 around 7-7:30 pm central time
    3. End ...the next day, seriously?. xD

We won this war, however I feel it was a mismatch due to the opponent having 3 TH11 and 1 TH10 offense troops to our 2 TH10s. I feel like maybe SC is not understanding what the community wants in a match. We don’t want to face opponents with a large offensive advantage on paper, but the score ends up being close to even due to the fact that the clan with the advantage sucks. We would much rather see both sides coming in on an even playing field, and let skill be the determining factor.

It reminds me of some games I’ve played where the way they make something harder against an AI opponent is to start you off with major disadvantages and poor luck. Civilization V single player was this way. When playing on the hardest setting, the AI did not really make smarter decisions. Instead, you’d start off with major disadvantages compared to the computer players, and they’d be lucky and you’d be unlucky.

These matches against highly engineered clans remind me of this a lot. You’ve said you want to match clans with similar play style...you’re constantly missing the mark with us.

No, we’re not all 100% maxers, and there is a variety in our bases. But we don’t have any TH11s. Please stop matching us with so many. I have a TH10 with 40/40 heroes. Stop punishing my hard work by only pairing me with 11s with 20-something king and queen plus warden. Why have 110 combined hero levels in the game if it ends up just being a burden instead of an asset?

Lets use this as sparingly as possible so as not to waste this resource by "crying wolf". Truly bad matches are when you are outmatched both on defense and on offense. In other situations there may be a trade off of superior defenses vs superior offense or Strong top/weak bottom vs strong bottom/weak top. Technically that is not a good pairing, but when you are working with averages that is how it can pan out.

Please try to be objective when looking at your matches. I would be more then happy to help evaluate your matches if I can. Just send me a PM if you would like help.

Darian, thanks again for your continued efforts.
    DeathStorm-10|18/20|2045*|FireStorm-10|15/19|2051*|SuperStorm-9|10/14|2002*
    DragonStorm-9|4/5|1361*|PerfectStorm-9|5/7|1301*|BarkStorm-11|16/18/5|1252*
    BrainStorm
    -10|10/13|1304*

2) 14th November 19:30ish gmt (against Linz Forever
    #PYGQCJ0R)
    3) 15th November 18:30ish gmt

Quote Originally Posted by GrudgeTaker View Post
    2) 14th November 19:30ish gmt (against Linz Forever
    #PYGQCJ0R)
    3) 15th November 18:30ish gmt

Just did a Spot Check on this match out of curiosity. Worth a look.

Findings:

Offense:

Opposing clan had 3 full th11 + another 40/42/11 with max offense compared to GrudgeTaker's single th11. Opposing clan also had some other th11's, but they were lacking effective wardens and no max troops.

The th10 offense for both sides was similar as well as th9's.

Defense:

Opposing clan had 3 full th11's compared to GrudgeTaker's clan haveing just 1. Opposing clan had just 7 infernos total (a load of th10's minus infernos) compared to GrudgeTaker's clan having 20 inferno defenses.

Summary:

Can't really say if 20 infernos + 1 eagle is equal to 7 infernos + 3 eagles. I think the glaring issue here is that the opposing clan had 8 maxed th11 hits for 1 th11 compared to 2 maxed th11 hits for 3 max/highly developed th11's. I would say that defenses were roughly even looking at the big picture, but the opposing clan had much more fire power and an extra full th11 that would of had to have been hit by a th10.

Example of explaining why I would feel that this is a bad match.
    DeathStorm-10|18/20|2045*|FireStorm-10|15/19|2051*|SuperStorm-9|10/14|2002*
    DragonStorm-9|4/5|1361*|PerfectStorm-9|5/7|1301*|BarkStorm-11|16/18/5|1252*
    BrainStorm
    -10|10/13|1304*