Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clan War Mismatch - Gathering new infoz (again for science)

NCSU Wolfpack #8QQ8GGYC VS **Stand Still** #
    Start time 10.25 approximately 7:00pm
    We have ONE TH11 near max, but short cannons, sweepers, bomb towers, walls and 42 King. No engineered bases, though one new TH10 w/o infernos.
    NCSU Wolfpack: 1-TH11 4-TH10 4-TH9 1-TH7
    **Stand Still**: 8-TH11 3-TH10 1-TH9 1-TH8 2-TH7

Their 14 (Engineered TH11) just 3 starred our 5

Them

Forum Veteran
    May have miscounted but I have the following:
    Total wars listed: 12
    Mismatch because of th level: 7
    No further info given: 5
    So either the mismatch was because of th or no other info was given. Seems people will post additional info only if it involves a th mismatch.
    If you're not smarter than the guy you're dealing with you lose.
    You failed to utilize the most effective strategy by not using the most available resources to affect your outcome.
    I play to win. You play to see how tough you are.
    Defeat the enemy anyway you can.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJackrabbit View Post
    May have miscounted but I have the following:
    Total wars listed: 12
    Mismatch because of th level: 7
    No further info given: 5
    So either the mismatch was because of th or no other info was given. Seems people will post additional info only if it involves a th mismatch.
    Or they are lazy/don't want to go through a lot of effort.

Further, some might not want to go through all the effort just to get into an argument with others. Yes, I do think many people need to reconsider things, but the MM is an utter and complete JOKE right now.

You go to war with, say, a ~max TH10, many other TH10s developing, a series of high TH9s (i.e. max defense, working on heroes/wall) and a TH8 or so (almost perfect linear attack/defense strength from the TH8 at the bottom to the TH10 at the top), you can still get hosed by these annoying clans that are really tough at the top of the map, yet have a boatload of TH10s/TH11s in the mid/bottom that just bully your TH9s. And the really fun part is that it isn't uncommon where your series of TH9s either get laughably easy attacks (because the bases are defenseless/mini-max) or need to hit a (somewhat) developed TH10, which can be a real strain for a TH9 to take down.

I can easily see how SC and defenders of this pathetic strategy might say that said war is, "fair" overall & here comes the big argument, but that sidesteps the point, big time.

It's almost universal for my clan--pathetic attackers using bully attacks to take down our mid/low bases, for GASP! if they ever had to "mirror" attack a TH, they'd likely get smacked in embarrassing fashion.

So, they clear where such a lineup above has strong TH9s, yet the TH9s often have pathetic wars, either 3* some sorry loser base or up-attacking into a base that if a TH9 cleared, it would make a good YouTube How-To video. Result? The TH9s become ~worthless war participants and get frustrated.

Hell, we just finished a war where we had seven TH9 (ranging from getting close to max to still in the beginning stages) and the enemy had all of one TH9. The enemy clan cleared ~all of our TH9s with TH10 L3 miners, L6 hogs/L7 heal (plus whatever) and/or TH11 vomit drag spam.

IT'S A JOKE.

SC, you are pathetic by allowing this and you damn well know it. A war player hits a certain TH, then unlocks something offensive/defensive that is specific to that TH only, that should carry a massive weight tax in war. It's that simple.

The only way to deal with this pathetic strategy is to take away the incentive. This balancing the entire clan war weight only works if you weight certain TH appropriately & we don't believe it's anywhere near close yet
    Last edited by Lunaticfringe; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:45 AM.

1.) #PQ9992RJ Albino Hogriders
    2.) 10:00 PM EST 10/25/17
    3.) 9:00 PM EST 10/26/17

We have 1 TH11 and 3 th10s.
    They have 1 TH11 and 7 th10s.

The End

Fresh Spawn

Mismatch

Clan:日本 -國士-Zero
    #88RORYGO
    Start : Oct 26th 21:02 GMT
    End :Oct 27th 21:02 GMT

Ours:
    TH11:5
    TH10:6
    TH9:3
    TH8:2

Opponent
    TH11:9

Recently always such a terrible match

Just sent a PM with two examples of mismatches. The update wiped out exact start and end times.

One IIRC was a TH11 (with Warden) at #8 in a 10 vs. 10 war. He walked through my maxxed TH9 at #1 and near-maxxed TH9 at #2.

It was not fun as my clan can only war once a week, so three weeks in a row were wasted because of being matched with engineered clans.
    The engineering is getting out of hand. TH11s vs. TH8s in war? Five wars in a row?
    Finally had a good matchup, and then... Two TH11s vs. my mid-level TH9s.
    But something has changed... or has it? Four decent matches and then... Sigh.

OldGeezers clan - all by my lonesome... Work schedule sucks!

Fresh Spawn
    Sorry, that's not gmt! -9 hours plz

Quote Originally Posted by Samjksz View Post
    Clan:日本 -國士-Zero
    #88RORYGO
    Start : Oct 26th 21:02 GMT
    End :Oct 27th 21:02 GMT

Ours:
    TH11:5
    TH9:3
    TH8:2

Opponent
    TH11:9

Recently always such a terrible match

Clan ID: Legion of Boom. #22R9LQCR. All central time
    war start: 24th of October approx 2130
    End: 25th October 2130

us 4 th11's (1 eagle)
    6 th10's
    5 th9's

Them 8 th11's (3 eagles)
    2 th10's
    5 th9's

Their #15 easily 2 starred our maxed #1... doesn't that seem legit?

this is a norm for my clan. The war before this one was first in a few months that was close to a nice matchup. With the rate of bad matchups we get war isn't fun anymore. We have a good group of clashers and we can't win a war against clans with at least twice the maxed attacks that we have... look at the war log. At least 90% are matchups similar to this. Stop catering upgrades to help engineered clans because that's all our wars reflect. I've watched 2 clans deteriorate due to this rubbish and I'm in a highly frustrated third at the moment. Idc if this is an "info" thread, you created this rubbish. consider fixing it. Your edits.
    Last edited by Ajax; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:31 AM.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #29
    Thanks for keeping the info coming. The goal of this thread isn't to defend or shoot down the MM system. It's simply to gather information. We'll let the system engineers review the info to determine whether or not mismatches occurred. So there won't be much discussion on whether or not someone's War was actually a mismatch or not.

So let's try to keep this thread clear of discussion and just post War information please.
    "For six long years I've been in trouble,
    No pleasures here on earth I found
    For in this world I'm bound to ramble,
    I have no friends to help me now"
    - O Brother, Where Art Thou?

Centennial Club
    1. Clan name black fire, clan id #29LLY8PV
    2 War search 20 October c8pm UK time
    3 War end c7pm 22 October

(Tempted to say any of our last 7 wars, where we have faced TH11 offence)

War looks close, but that is because our number 1/2 put down 2 infernos each after war search in an attempt to stop another horrid loss.

At search, we were 2TH10 (no infernos, otherwise high offence and defence and heroes), 5 TH9 (normal development), 2 TH8 (normal, not yet max), 1TH7 (normal). Ranking in that order.

Enemy was TH10 (max with lvl3 infernos), TH9 (max apart heroes 24/23), 3TH9 (high defence except heroes middling), TH8 (max), TH11 (max hounds, drags, loons, warden at 8), TH11 (max miners, drags, lightning, lvl12 warden), TH10 (lvl5 drags), TH8 (normal).

So when the war search was done, we were losing 2 wardens to nil, 2 infernos to nil, 4 TH11 attacks to nil, but we had better heroes.
    Before war, we put down 2 lvl2 infernos and 2 lvl1 infernos, but on paper we were STILL at a huge disadvantage.

War was tight (we lost 29-29 on %) but only because one of their TH11s disconnected on attacking our number 2.

We think this is unfair because enemy can 3* every base with ease (bar disconnections), using spam TH11 troops with warden support. We could never get more than 29* because we couldn't 3* a max TH10 with TH10 troops.

This is the engineer strategy. Number 1 is the anchor which cant be 3*. Lower down 2-3 TH11s with max troops that can 3* any base.

We have faced this line up in 6 out of last 7 wars, and most clan members have given up. Its no fun working really hard to get 28/29 stars with skilled attacking and then get rolled over by TH11 troops
    Last edited by Chilli59; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:44 AM. Reason: correcting one enemy TH level