Page 12 of 130 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clan War Mismatch - Gathering new infoz (again for science)

Fresh Spawn
    Hi - I'm wondering why we keep being matched with engineered clans lately when we aren't using engineered bases? I thought the new war matching method was supposed to stop that. Our latest war we came up against a clan engineered to the eyeballs and stood no real chance of winning and this has happened a few times in the last couple of weeks. Clan ID: #P98ULCYV - Cookie Gun. War start time: 07:58 on Wednesday 1st November.
    Thanks,
    Jo

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    We're still gathering information on how the matchmaking changes are impacting everyone. While we can and do review these data, it's difficult to monitor millions of records trying to find specific results. If you feel you were mismatched in your Clan War, then we'll require some information from you.

To make things much simpler than before, there are only 4 bits of information we'll need:

Clan ID:
    Clan name:
    War Start Date:
    War Start Time (GMT):
    Comment:

Make sure the time zone is noted, though we prefer GMT.

The start time is largely to make sure we're looking at the right war. Once a week I'll be giving this report to the engineers to review.

Feel free to include a comment of what was mismatched. Though we can see the War results, we also want to get your perspective as well as it's important to understand your point of view too.

If you're not comfortable sharing any of the above information on the forums, feel free to PM me the information with the subject line [Clan Mismatch] so I know to review the message.
    Goats n chikens
    #2VYCYJ92
    November 1st 2017
    Search time was 7 pm central... Battle day is 19hr 35 min

We have 8 Th11 only 3 of the have Eagle the rest r new to Th11 and are building up heroes before adding the EA. Our opponent has 16 Th11 with mostly max heroes. And they also have 6 Eagles. Am. I missing something even if we have some new to Th11 should we be adding these bigger defenses to our bases?

Does war win streak not factor in matching any more? We lost our last war, weren't on a run of wins before that either, and just got matched to a clan on a 73 streak!!
    Leader of No Walls 3.0 #9JCV9JO9
    Got a no wall base? Come and join us!

Fresh Spawn
    Our clan has been searching for a war for a month now with no luck. Getting to the point of folks just dropping the game entirely. What's the point if you can't war with your team? This new matching algorithm sucks! I would prefer consistent wars, even if a bit mismatched over never warring!
    ClanID: wyg8orc
    Clan name: kielbasa
    Last edited by Knk44; November 2nd, 2017 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knk44 View Post
    Our clan has been searching for a war for a month now with no luck. Getting to the point of folks just dropping the game entirely. What's the point if you can't war with your team? This new matching algorithm sucks! I would prefer consistent wars, even if a bit mismatched over never warring!
    ClanID: wyg8orc
    Clan name: kielbasa
    Your clan tag is wrong. It V not W.... #VYG8ORC is your clan tag.

Having said that, you last warred 19 days ago. Also, having looked at your entire clan of 22 players, only ONE th11 had infernos and was missing the eagle. Many, many of your players are engineered, matter fact, the entire clan. If you really wasn’t worried about mismatching, place the missing defense on your entire roster.

Clan ID: #9P02LGJ
    Clan name: DONKEY FLAPs 69
    War Start Date: 3rd November 2017
    War Start Time (GMT): 09:30

Comment:

Ok, I admit we are not squeaky clean, however see below:-

Us
    2x TH11, 1x TH10.5, 2x TH10, 3x TH9.11, 3x TH9.5, 5x TH9, 2x TH8, 1x TH7, 1x TH4

Them (approximately, due to variations in defensive setup)

2x TH11, 4x TH10.5, 2x TH10, 2x TH9.11, 2x TH9, 1x TH11 (no x-bows etc.), 1x TH10 (missing key defences but has x-bows), 1x TH8.5, 2x TH8, 1x TH11 (nearly defenceless, heroes 27/24/11), 1x TH7, 1X TH3

Main factors
    Us Them

EA 2 2
    IT 5 8
    GW 6 10

Obviously it is still game on! FYI lost last war, in similar circumstances, by 1* (had them on destruction). But by my calculations they have the advantage from the off (20 TH11 attacks verses our 12).

Result: Lost by 2* (53 v 55), however they still had 3 unused TH11 attacks and a significant total destruction advantage.

Hope this is informative and helpful.
    Last edited by Shroomee; November 6th, 2017 at 11:36 AM. Reason: War Result

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    We're still gathering information on how the matchmaking changes are impacting everyone. While we can and do review these data, it's difficult to monitor millions of records trying to find specific results. If you feel you were mismatched in your Clan War, then we'll require some information from you.

To make things much simpler than before, there are only 4 bits of information we'll need:

Clan ID:
    Clan name:
    War Start Date:
    War Start Time (GMT):
    Comment:

Make sure the time zone is noted, though we prefer GMT.

The start time is largely to make sure we're looking at the right war. Once a week I'll be giving this report to the engineers to review.

Feel free to include a comment of what was mismatched. Though we can see the War results, we also want to get your perspective as well as it's important to understand your point of view too.

If you're not comfortable sharing any of the above information on the forums, feel free to PM me the information with the subject line [Clan Mismatch] so I know to review the message.
    Clan I'd. #py92luu
    Clan name UK ADULTS
    START DATE 2/11/2017
    START TIME,1600 HOURS GMT
    Overall I guess it's not too bad just they have 3th11 and we have none,see how this one goes 😀
    Edit we won the war by a single star,they had more damage,great to win it but man alive is harder than getting up at 5am for work,carnt work out if wars are fun anymore 😕
    Last edited by DRUSSW; November 5th, 2017 at 03:08 PM.

I'd #9RQYGYPQ, Rotherham, 1November @ 8.34pm GMT
    Our main issue is for instant we gave 1 Th11 with maxed heroes/ troops in war but get matched to a clan with 3 Th11 with maxed heroes/ troops. This means generally we have lost before it starts as a th11 at that level will wipe th10 out where as a th 10 has no chance of 3 stars on a th 11. The matching needs to balance the Max Th11 out. If this is not addressed clans will stop wars & then as we r seeing people will lose interest in the game. Here's hoping

Quote Originally Posted by Stevesloan View Post
    I'd #9RQYGYPQ, Rotherham, 1November @ 8.34pm GMT
    Our main issue is for instant we gave 1 Th11 with maxed heroes/ troops in war but get matched to a clan with 3 Th11 with maxed heroes/ troops. This means generally we have lost before it starts as a th11 at that level will wipe th10 out where as a th 10 has no chance of 3 stars on a th 11. The matching needs to balance the Max Th11 out. If this is not addressed clans will stop wars & then as we r seeing people will lose interest in the game. Here's hoping
    ^^^^This! When we win a war, it is because we have more eagle defensive bases (upgraded.. not weak w/just an eagle thrown in there) than our enemy, not because we are better than them. When we lose a war, it is because the enemy has more eagles than us, not because they are better than us. War results are now pre-determined, with 95% accuracy or more, simply based on which clan has more upgraded Eagle bases, since EVERY base gets 3-starred except the Eagles, which all get 2-starred. Only once in a blue moon do you see true war base max th11s 3-starred, but anyone can 2- them, esp if they have 2+ attacks per eagle base.

One of two options I can see:

1. Equalize max eagle bases on both sides.
    2. Buff max TH11 offense just to the point a 90% 2-star is a 3-, but not to the point that 65% 2’s are 3’s. That way if Eagles are not equalized, the better attackers can still win by 3-starring a couple enemy th11 max eagle bases.

Literally 4 of 5 wars since update for us (5) have been predetermined for us to win (1), or enemy to win (3), by having non-equalized Eagle bases because every base gets 3-starred easily by both sides except the Eagles. Fair MM would equalize them and weight that more heavily than tryng to balance offense/defense weights for the collective TH8, 9, and 10s, and give the win to the clan that can 3- an eagle base (no one is doing that these days in war—only in farming raids), or get the higher % total desctruction.