Page 128 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130 LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1296

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clan War Mismatch - Gathering new infoz (again for science)

Quote Originally Posted by StormHeart View Post
    Name: Stormy Knights
    Tag #8LJ0CV98
    Time: 1-23-19 approx 5pm hong kong time.

I wouldn't normally add this but we keep seeing engineers again. Not overtly engineered like the bad old days but a few bases engineered. In this war they brought two TH10s with no infernos and high level troops. This allowed them to get in more TH11s than we have. Thus paring our 9s against TH10s. The 10s can easily wipe out the nines.

Even though I think we will win this war, I keep seeing this. EVERY war in the last two months we've been matched vs significantly higher THs. We often win because they can't attack well but the war match is off. Two or three hours to match and get a less than fair match. It's not horrible but it just keeps happening. Making me think we are doing something wrong. My next TH10 will not get infernos.

Edit: Got my wars mixed up. this time they only got more TH10s in the war, not 11s.
    you do often seem to get the short end of the stick in straight th counts, but i can't really tell anything from that. how do your overall heroes and troops stack up when you're out numbered? what about defenses? do you run with any max or near max 9/10/11?

unsure why your matches are taking so long as your lineup looks fine.

Definitely will be posting our matches here... Thank you for this thread.

Look forward to posting the timestamp and clan information of when these mismatched wars happen.

Quote Originally Posted by GrogBetatester View Post
    Well, maybe we succeed, but must be more skilled than them. Equal skilled, they win.
    Exactly, you hit the nail on the head.

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    Thanks for keeping the info coming. The goal of this thread isn't to defend or shoot down the MM system. It's simply to gather information. We'll let the system engineers review the info to determine whether or not mismatches occurred. So there won't be much discussion on whether or not someone's War was actually a mismatch or not.

So let's try to keep this thread clear of discussion and just post War information please.
    Will do!

Thank you Darian for creating this thread.
    Last edited by Maumbo; May 18th, 2019 at 03:26 PM. Reason: added new content since i'm not allowed "back to back" posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    To make things much simpler than before, there are only 4 bits of information we'll need:

Clan ID:
    Clan name:
    War Start Date:
    War Start Time (GMT):
    Comment:

Make sure the time zone is noted, though we prefer GMT.
    Clan ID: #GP8LCQVC
    Clan name: Falling Fire
    War Start Date: May 28, 2019
    War Start Time: near 5:00 pm (CST) (UTC-06:00)

30v30. Started the war just a few minutes ago.

Offensive potential should correlate with defensive potential.

Our team (all our towns have prerequisite defenses built to obtain current town level) :
    6x th11s but only 5x th11 armies (10x th11 army attacks)

Enemy team using 4x engineered th11s, each has th11 armies, some without infernos and some without both xbows/infernos :
    9x th11s but only 8x th11 armies plus they also have a th12 army.
    (that is 16x th11 army attacks plus 2x th12 army attacks)

A th11 lvl5 miner army can easily 3 star any young th11, even with their specialty defenses built. Takes more than specialty defenses to fend off a max th11 miner army.

Enemy has the obvious offensive potential to easily over come us. Now, comes down to participation and attack skill.

War will likely end in another 89 to 90 score or possibly 90 to 90.

If there are 9x th11s with th11 armies, then there should be 9x th11s in the opposing team. This currently is not the situation for this war.

Please require engineered towns to have perquisite defenses built if they want to do Clan Wars.
    Last edited by Maumbo; May 28th, 2019 at 10:25 PM.

Did you include your accounts yuhhh and blackbart? Both are engineered. Both are basically 9.10 with th10 offense and weak th9 defense (i.e. level 1 Xbows). Other matchups I have seen on cocp.it for your clan show you with a TH advantage. For instance, the war vs Hex Flames. The war you lost vs Das Warriors both Yuhh and Blackbart were sitting below a TH9 on the map, while TH counts matched up perfectly.

Looking deeper, many accounts seem to be devoted to the .5 route. TH7s with strong troops and TH6 defenses. TH8s with level 1 AD. Get these accounts to upgrade/add their new defenses. Basically if you don't want to match engineers, you need to rid your own lineup of them.

One thing I would like to see - if you have data from discord bot sidekick on hero levels for this matchup I would be interested in seeing it.
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; May 29th, 2019 at 04:15 PM.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH7-11
    Official sister clan to Ancient Hunters
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH10 - Doctor Worm permamax (for now)
    TH11 - doug 43/50/20 heroes

---1 day late edit---

Referencing the war mentioned in https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12210127

We won the war! Lucky the enemy clan was inactive, not coordinated, and poor attackers.

1 of their th11s attack only would attack th7s. lol. 2 of their engineered th11s only used 1 attack. 1 of their engineered th11s used 0 attacks and 1 of their legitimate th11s did zero attacks.

Enemy clan did not understand how to kill CC defense troops so 3 of their th11 attacks only did 1 or 2 stars on 3 of our th10s.

We were lucky this enemy clan failed to live up to their potential.

Now onto next war, war is matched better. Enemy has just one extra engineered th11 army account with only th11 dragon army so no biggie.

------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    Did you include your accounts yuhhh and blackbart? Both are engineered. Both are basically 9.10 with th10 offense and weak th9 defense (i.e. level 1 Xbows). Other matchups I have seen on cocp.it for your clan show you with a TH advantage. For instance, the war vs Hex Flames. The war you lost vs Das Warriors both Yuhh and Blackbart were sitting below a TH9 on the map, while TH counts matched up perfectly.

Looking deeper, many accounts seem to be devoted to the .5 route. TH7s with strong troops and TH6 defenses. TH8s with level 1 AD. Get these accounts to upgrade/add their new defenses. Basically if you don't want to match engineers, you need to rid your own lineup of them.

One thing I would like to see - if you have data from discord bot sidekick on hero levels for this matchup I would be interested in seeing it.
    None of your points warrant our team being so incredibly disadvantaged by 2:1 with th11 army attacks.

Yuhhh as a 9.10 (with th10 army) is not the same as a th11 lvl5 miner army. Black Bart 9.5 (with th10 army) is not the same as a th11 lvl2 edrag army.

By your definition, a young th10 quickly becomes an engineered town by simply using one troop book and one league troop hammer on their war army.

Yuhhh and Black Bart are NOT engineered towns. They actually built their prerequisite defenses to obtain their current town hall level. Their defensive war weight is near the top of the th9s, below a max th9, as it should be.

CURRENT WAR ... Yuhhh and Black Bart are above all th9s in wars defensive war weight ranking.

9.10 town is still a th10 that actually attacks th10s. A 9.10 town still attacks a th10, when they are available. When they are not available, then this is due to them being forced to attack engineered th11s (th11s without prerequisite defenses such as xbows and/or infernos) or the enemy using alot of low war weight towns to top load with heavier weight towns.

Who do you think is more likely to win: 1) max th10 attacking an engineered th11 with max xbows/heros (zero infernos); 2) a mass th11 lvl5 miner with th11 heroes attack a young th10 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    Basically if you don't want to match engineers, you need to rid your own lineup of them.
    If building Infernos at the very beginning of a young th10 is a requirement in Clan Wars to obtain fair Clan Wars matchmaking, then Super Cell needs to enforce this.

So, basically, you are saying EVERYONE (even th7s) should automatically build their new defense ASAP once at a new town hall level so to avoid being punished by an engineered town with a th11 army.

You are making the best of a poor situation rather than wanting the game to improve.

Thegreatpuma, you are a distraction of this thread.

As Darian said, this thread is about the SCIENCE of matchmaking to help gather new information.

Puma, are now on my forum ignore list.
    Last edited by Maumbo; May 31st, 2019 at 06:19 PM.

thanks Maumbo, I'll take that as a compliment. best of luck to you in all your clash endeavors.

#UU08PCJJ vs #LC8J2VGQ taking place today

The second clan is full of engineered bases; instead of getting a penalty for this, it was able to clear all bases with dip attacks for a perfect score.
    It is true that we hav

#UU08PCJJ vs #LC8J2VGQ taking place today.

The second clan which is heavily engineered managed to do a perfect score because nearly all attacks were dip spam attacks. Their top 2 are stronger defensively (2 near max 11s vs a new 11 without EA and a max 10) making it impossible to triple.
    This is completely frustrating because the the team with the better attackers and base layout will lose. Please make sure the top bases are evenly matched for war

Quote Originally Posted by VicThorious View Post
    #UU08PCJJ vs #LC8J2VGQ taking place today.

The second clan which is heavily engineered managed to do a perfect score because nearly all attacks were dip spam attacks. Their top 2 are stronger defensively (2 near max 11s vs a new 11 without EA and a max 10) making it impossible to triple.
    This is completely frustrating because the the team with the better attackers and base layout will lose. Please make sure the top bases are evenly matched for war
    Simple solution (I said simple, not quick, 'cause it'll take some time to put it in): upgrade your new TH11 to a max TH, your max TH10 to a max TH11, upgrade your TH10s and 9s to TH11s and 10s and so on. In the meanwhile your upgraded TH11s will turn into decent TH12s and then... problem solved.
    I know it sounds harsh, but since you can't heavily engineer anymore after TH11 go to TH12 and smash them.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrisirjoe View Post
    Simple solution (I said simple, not quick, 'cause it'll take some time to put it in): upgrade your new TH11 to a max TH, your max TH10 to a max TH11, upgrade your TH10s and 9s to TH11s and 10s and so on. In the meanwhile your upgraded TH11s will turn into decent TH12s and then... problem solved.
    I know it sounds harsh, but since you can't heavily engineer anymore after TH11 go to TH12 and smash them.
    Current war my mirror is a th12 with poor defs and low heroes that flattened my base with spam max edrag. On the other hand we have to do complex hybrid attacks. None of our bases is engineered so don't know what is attracting these clans.
    I'm done with wars, for mismatches we already have cwl