Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Too hard to report forum messages

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomville View Post
    When it is multiple threads by the same spam bot it suffices to just report the first one and indicate it’s the first of a few from the same source.
    That is true. However, you don't even need to make note of the other threads. When we zap a spammer, we zap all their threads, whether it's just the one or more - no extra keystrokes. You also don't need to report any particular one of them. Report the first you come across, the first they posted, the most recent, the one with the most ridiculous sales pitch, whatever you prefer - it doesn't really matter to us which one gets reported. We'll get them all.

Quote Originally Posted by saxxonraider View Post
    Tap one: open message Tap two: report triangle at lower left to open report page. Tap 3-13: enter 10 characters. Tap 14: send report.
    Definitely. It's as easy as this. The only thing I'd ask is that you include the word "spam" in your report. It makes it easier for us to prioritized spam threads. Avoid clever synonyms like "advertisement" or "live stream" or "click thread". Simply writing "This is spam" will suffice. Any extra text or commentary is unnecessary but may be appreciated. For example, Tiler makes some very funny comments when reporting spam and is always sure to include "spam" somewhere in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiler View Post
    Maybe the ones here in general, but spam in lesser visited subs absolutely needs to be reported. They don't check every sub for spam. The report log is far easier
    That's very true. The more quiet a sub-forum, the less frequently spam is reported. If you see spam in a quiet sub-forum or any spam message that has been there for more than 2 hours, definitely report it. It's probably been missed.
    Last edited by SharkyFinn; October 25th, 2017 at 02:00 PM.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 19 - 676 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Fan Content Policy

Quote Originally Posted by BrideOfSharky View Post
    That is true. However, you don't even need to make note of the other threads. When we zap a spammer, we zap all their threads, whether it's just the one or more - no extra keystrokes. You also don't need to report any particular one of them. Report the first you come across, the first they posted, the most recent, the one with the most ridiculous sales pitch, whatever you prefer - it doesn't really matter to us which one gets reported. We'll get them all.

Definitely. It's as easy as this. The only thing I'd ask is that you include the word "spam" in your report. It makes it easier for us to prioritized spam threads. Avoid clever synonyms like "advertisement" or "live stream" or "click thread". Simply writing "This is spam" will suffice. Any extra text or commentary is unnecessary but may be appreciated. For example, Tiler makes some very funny comments when reporting spam and is always sure to include "spam" somewhere in there.

That's very true. The more quiet a sub-forum, the less frequently spam is reported. If you see spam in a quiet sub-forum or any spam message that has been there for more than 2 hours, definitely report it. It's probably been missed.
    Thank you I will try to remember that, I know you all work hard and it is very appriciated.

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by CaosDenmark View Post
    Thank you I will try to remember that, I know you all work hard and it is very appriciated.
    No problem at all. Thanks for working with us to stay on top of spam.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 19 - 676 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Fan Content Policy

Forum Champion
    No problem at all. Thanks for working with us to stay on top of spam.
    Sharky I beg if you can Reduce the Report limit to 1 mins and try to find why it counts as a Thread?
    Hey all,
    It is with a heavy heart that we are here to inform you that we have decided not to continue the Rush Wars beta.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/RushWars/co...sing_the_game/

Quote Originally Posted by SamirMishra View Post
    Sharky I beg if you can Reduce the Report limit to 1 mins and try to find why it counts as a Thread?
    A report creates a thread in a hidden subforum, that's why it counts. And when Ajax addressed my concerns about that, he said there's nothing that can be done to not have that count towards your thread limit.

As for the timer, I'd appreciate a reduction as well. I run into that in IFR a lot. Usually results in me forgetting to report the thing I wanted to report

For example, Tiler makes some very funny comments when reporting spam and is always sure to include "spam" somewhere in there.
    Thanks for that. My arm was getting really tired from patting myself on the back about how funny I am
    Cloud Control - Why are clouds so terrible, and what are the possible ways to get rid of them?