Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Different opinion about MM

Different opinion about MM

Hi all,

I have to admit that I do not check the posts recently (since my clan died after the MM updates) but I think there are no posts about the actual problem here. Everyone keeps complaining about the MM updates (including me until few weeks ago) but no one actually address the real problem.

I think (only my opinion but I am curious if others think the same way) that the real problem isn't Supercell and the recent MM updates. The real problem is that way too many players went engineered. One year ago there were rather rare matches with engineered clan. I remember 1 out of 5 wars was with engineered bases. Now it is the opposite - only 1 out of 5 wars is fair match up.

So the people got lazy and inpatient, I think. I know that engineered is not cheating. But it is coward way to play this game. No patient and willing only quickly to get winner. And correct me if I am wrong but the sense of Clash of Clans was different... Supercell wanted to do it differently.

Nevertheless, my personal opinion is that Supercell will never be able to fix anything... just because way too many players prefer engineered style. And they are getting more and more... Another questions is why this is happening...

Anyhow, thanks for reading! I hope there are other people here who see the situation like me.

One more point though... I still believe that .5 THs are not engineered. But maybe I am wrong. I am 9.5 atm (here my profile - #2RQOQVVOJ). If someone can tell what is wrong with my way of playing the game I will be really thankful. I do not think that this is engineered base. I think my offense and defense are balanced.

Any feedback is more than welcome.

Thanks and clash on.

Centennial Club
    If they stop making it more rewarding than playing the “regular” way, it would be a start...

Absolutely, the reason the match maker struggles is because of all the non standard accounts that it has to value. It clearly does not value engineered accounts correctly, hence all the bad matches that happen.

The most you can do is have a normal roster for your clan. This will reduce at least half the valuation errors making it somewhat easier to match. Only one clans bases will be incorrectly valued potentially. Then you just hope that the MMA over values the other clan instead of undervalue.
    Last edited by SuperStorm103; October 24th, 2017 at 05:25 PM.
    DeathStorm-10|22/23|2148*|FireStorm-10|17/20|2178*|SuperStorm-9|13/15|2147*
    DragonStorm-9|8/8|1529*|PerfectStorm-9|8/10|1428*|BrainStorm-10|10/16|1452*

My home clan just had an 11 minute search. With a search that fast you would assume that the clan make-up would be very similar. But in fact, it's not. Opposing clan has 3 eagle th11's up top compared to our 1, we have 5 th9's at the bottom matched to their th7's, a junk 11, and a th8. Offense, they have 5 th11 (though fairly rushed except for their #1 who is 45/45/20). So from this we can clearly see the MMA is taking liberties in valuing non traditional bases.

Maybe the totals match (still a really bad way to match), but the clans are pretty far away from matching. Our bottom 9.'s will be hitting th7's...whoopee! I guess it could be worse and they could have had defenseless nonsense at the bottom.....
    Last edited by SuperStorm103; October 24th, 2017 at 05:39 PM.
    DeathStorm-10|22/23|2148*|FireStorm-10|17/20|2178*|SuperStorm-9|13/15|2147*
    DragonStorm-9|8/8|1529*|PerfectStorm-9|8/10|1428*|BrainStorm-10|10/16|1452*

Forum Champion
    Step 1 - Call engineers cowards
    Step 2 - Admit you also engineer (0.5) but conviently describe it as non engineered. I mean its just smart upgrading right?
    Step 3 - ???
    Step 4 - Profit
    Clan - Highland chiefs - member, 12thDIMENSION - lurking
    Accounts - 15 th12, 3 th11s. 3 th10 Fixing matchmaker :https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-and-onyzng%21 : how to migrate to supercell ID :https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cell-ID-Thread

I would hardly call all people who engineer lazy.

Many of them joined the ranks of engineers as a proactive step in battling engineering. That is why there are so many engineers.

Unless your clan is all maxed th11s, many times you just can't compete with engineered accounts.

And had Supercell done something about it long ago instead of kidding around with Clash Royale and the Builder base, this wouldn't be the issue that it is today.

All anyone has wanted from day one of Clan Wars was a fair warmatcher, which it has never ever been.

Perhaps Supercell can be more transparent as to what the proper upgrade path should be and stop matching max th9s to fresh th9s and th11s to th10s and, in the extreme, th7s to th11s and so on and so forth.

At this point, the only way to beat an engineer is to be an engineer. And if that is not what Supercell wants then change it, not just tinker with the algorithm as you have done for years with to no avail.

So either start engineering to compete, go to strictyl friendly wars, keep doing what you are doing and keep losing or quit Clan Wars altogether.

And probably the game too. Maybe if enough people quit enmass, Supercell might actually notice. And I mean really notice, with their pocketbooks, instead if just telling you what you want to hear.
    Last edited by B1gb8dwo7f; October 25th, 2017 at 12:44 AM.

Problem is SC did not address engineering until now. How many posts were there of ppl complaining about engineering and others telling ppl to quit or adapt. So some (or many) ppl adapted and engineered. Now it is everywhere and more difficult to fix because the mm is faced with so many dissimilar clans to match and possibly fewer as ppl quit warring altogether or war smaller and smaller in an attempt to find a decent match. My clan 3 weeks ago was warring 40v 75% Th 11's rest 9/10. Now? Lost half the members, a few of us running a 10v once a week and definitely engineered. We adapted...forced to please the mm and give it a lineup it could relate to, an engineered one.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by jaclynt View Post
    If they stop making it more rewarding than playing the “regular” way, it would be a start...
    How about SC make non-engineering more fun to play? Endless 2 star attacks is not fun for most people.

The problem is we don't have reliable parameters to compare two different clans, so each one has his own ideas of what's fair and what's not.
    A boxer knows he won't be matched by his straight or speed, but for his weight. You can argue if that's fair or not, but that's a very clear and transparent rule that applies for everyone. So it's fair. On the other hand, supercell could choose a similar parameter as the boxer weight (th level), but they chose offense and defense weight. The problem is there are too many variables defining defense and offense weight.
    If long ago supercell had chosen to only let us upgrade TH after upgrading everything, we wouldn't have this problem. We could match bases by the top bases (some mismatch at the bottom would still occur, once there are too many possible combinations).
    But now it's too late for that. So supercell is trying to remediate an impossible mission: find a parameter besides th level that can measure bases. There isn't one (and if they elect one parameter, like the boxer weight, someone will argue about fairness).
    Eventually they will find a way to fix issues like the warden weight and the EA, but the truth is they lost the perfect opportunity long ago when they chose to let people upgrade their bases the way they wanted. That's sad, because they threw away the opotunity of the perfect MM.
    In my opinion most of the important problems are already fixed, but warden and EA are ugent matters that need to be worked on. After fixing these problems the MM won't be perfect, but shall be very good.
    Ps: One thing would be nice from supercell: transparency. We all deserve to know what should we do (how should we upgrade our bases and how should our roster look like) to get fair matches.
    Last edited by CHANDRIANO; October 25th, 2017 at 03:24 AM.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by CHANDRIANO View Post
    but the truth is they lost the perfect opportunity long ago when they chose to let people upgrade their bases the way they wanted. That's sad, because they threw away the opotunity of the perfect MM.
    Forcing people to play along a single path may have provided perfect matchmaking but the game would be far less popular IMO, especially as people enter the super grindy TH levels.