Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diary of a Chillaxed Derbyist in the first ever Bingo Derby on Oct. 24, 2017

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181

Diary of a Chillaxed Derbyist in the first ever Bingo Derby on October 24, 2017

Dear Derby Diary,

This week 11 hoodmates opted in the Bingo Derby (BD) making her maiden voyage. I can sense excitement in the air because we usually get 8 derbyists per week. I wonder if my hoodmates watched the tutorial below and understood the BD. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ8Z2_AvppE

Tuesday, 24th of October
    The Derby Board shows two 320 tasks. I trashed 3 tasks under 250 points.

Bingo Board shows 14 squares which requires us to complete 4 tasks to light up a bingo square. The other two squares are requiring us to complete 5 tasks of collecting goat milk and 5 tasks of making white sweaters.

We're off to a bad start in the BD as I chose a 320 basket task which isn't on any of the 16 bingo squares. But it's OK because we're chillaxed.
    -------------------------------------------

With about 5 days left in the BD, my hoodmates completed 8 tasks, four of which are Help Tasks and we completed a Bingo square without any coordination in the chat about the BD. I'm amHayzed! Maybe four of my hoodmates aren't as chillaxed as I am.

I don't know why I took a 313 truck task because my completing it has depleted my barn and directed resources away from my Town. The silver lining is that it's a Bingo task and now we need 2 more truck tasks to complete the corner square. I usually do truckmageddon during global truck events. SMH.
    ------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, 25th of October
    With 4 days and 10 hours left in the BD, we completed 15 tasks and no new Bingo square and trashed 8 tasks. But I got a PP in the third horseshoe. I took a 320 basket task which isn't on a Bingo square. There has been no discussion about the BD in chat.
    ---------------------------

Thursday, 26th of October
    With 3 days and 5 hours left in the BD, we completed 25 tasks and 2 Bingo squares which aren't in the same row and trashed 12 tasks. I feel whimsical and took a 301 feed task which is on a Bingo square. We got 4 horseshoes so far. There has been no discussion about the BD in chat.
    ---------------------------

Friday, 27th of October

With 2 days and 2 hours left in the BD, we completed 40 tasks and 3 Bingo squares which aren't in the same row and trashed 16 tasks. We got 5 horseshoes so far. There has been no discussion about the BD in chat.
    ------------------------------

Saturday, 28th of October
    With 1 days and 7 hours left in the BD, we completed 52 tasks and 4 Bingo squares which aren't in the same row. If the Bingo board consisted of 9 squares, we would've gotten a Bingo row. We got 6 horseshoes so far. There has been no discussion about the BD in chat.

EDIT: Will return daily to update this diary entry.
    -----------------------------------

Sunday, 29th of October

With 1.25 hours left in the BD, we completed 63 tasks and 6 Bingo squares, none of which aren't in the same row. We got 7 horseshoes so far and will finish in 14th place. As usual, our stay in the Championships League doesn't last more than two weeks. There has been no discussion about the BD in chat.

Quote Originally Posted by LetTheMusicPlay View Post
    Dear Diary,

Today I read the first forum diary of a self-professed chillaxed derbyist. Will subscribe to thread. Look forward to future entries.

Yours,
    LetTheMusicPlay

LTMP, IIRC, you're the Leader of a no-chat hood. May I ask if you're coordinating your hoodmates to complete the Bingo lines? If so, which communication methods are you using? Thank you.
    Last edited by LynnK2015; October 30th, 2017 at 06:45 AM.
    What the hell?
    The L entity is as elusive as the Scarlet Pimpernel.
    Yet many farms heard recently the toll of the bell.
    Thank you so much sweet Supercell.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cussion-Thread

Pro Member
    Lynn You are lucky am afraid ! ' Lyngby Farmers " Are 14 opt-in and got , 6-7 tasks of each !

I hope SC-HD have someone from the HD team , try to play this ?
    and do
    7 wool
    6 goat milk
    6 strawberries
    and so on Who can do this and who will think this is fun ??
    And How do My team do to get for example 6 tasks of : doing Hony Tea ? ???
    Last edited by Lyngby; October 24th, 2017 at 08:49 AM.

Things on our Bingo Board look pretty doable. We picked a corner that did not require anyone to do goat milk or wool. We’re happy about that!

We have 6 farms opted in: 4 primary farms and 2 “baby” farms. All our bingo squares require only 2 or 3 of each task. We calculated that the main farms can do 4 bingo tasks each and the baby farms can get away with just 3.

Our critical corner square is a train. I posted “Finish the TRAIN square LAST” on the NH notice board, and I think we all watched the entire video and appreciate the importance of “the last square”.

I checked out “the competition” and so far 4 teams had completed one task. Only one of them went for 320. 2 had taken a task under 300, so it will be interesting to see if any teams actually try for the precious perfect score.

So far, so good!
    Last edited by MiniGardener; October 24th, 2017 at 09:10 AM.

Farm Level 120 | Town 38 | Achievements 140/144

Trainee
    Seems close to impossible to complete even one line of the bingo. All our bingo tasks require 8 or 9 to be completed. One town task requires 8 tasks of locals. Somehow I can’t see 8 tasks of ‘locals’ either appearing or there being enough of this type of passenger, or they being 320 points to keep up in the derby. Luck of the draw I guess. I think we will be ignoring bingo this time and concentrate on the derby.

We have 9 of each task, all lines required have a tricky task in them which is the luck of the draw I guess. We have decided to play as normal as we just can't see some of these tasks coming up 9 times with high enough points and the rewards of waiting for an extra prize aren't worth the extra effort. It could cost us a high score.
    Level 123, rep 46, barn 4300, silo 4200

Quote Originally Posted by MiniGardener View Post
    Things on our Bingo Board look pretty doable. We picked a corner that did not require anyone to do goat milk or wool. We’re happy about that!

We have 6 farms opted in: 4 primary farms and 2 “baby” farms. All our bingo squares require only 2 or 3 of each task. We calculated that the main farms can do 4 bingo tasks each and the baby farms can get away with just 3.

Our critical corner square is a train. I posted “Finish the TRAIN square LAST” on the NH notice board, and I think we all watched the entire video and appreciate the importance of “the last square”.

I checked out “the competition” and so far 4 teams had completed one task. Only one of them went for 320. 2 had taken a task under 300, so it will be interesting to see if any teams actually try for the precious perfect score.

So far, so good!
    We are much the same. 6 opted in And we have chosen a help for the critical corner. Only one 320 boat task, all the others are less.
    It is the first one so it will be interesting to see how it goes.
    Of the teams we are playing against the only ones to complete tasks have scored around 300 points.

Farm Level 168. Town 51. 😊
    Please PM for farm ID.

We have 15 in the Derby. We need 8 of each task on the bingo board. So interested in the fact that Lyngby above has 14 in with 6-7 tasks of each. We are trying for two lines with Help, truck, train, fishing, mining, soybeans, and boat. We have not seen a single soybean task yet so that may be our downfall. We always take tasks above 300 but we will see in a few days if those soybeans require a drop in points. But our focus is horseshoes, not getting demoted and after that ... bingo.

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyParadise View Post
    We have 9 of each task, all lines required have a tricky task in them which is the luck of the draw I guess. We have decided to play as normal as we just can't see some of these tasks coming up 9 times with high enough points and the rewards of waiting for an extra prize aren't worth the extra effort. It could cost us a high score.
    We got the same thing..9 of most and 10 of a couple..yucky tasks I wouldn't do on a regular week in there. Maybe next time.

We have 12 playing, and all our bingo boxes need 9 tasks?? How do they work that out? Seems unfair we have fewer player, but need more tasks?

Centennial Club
    We have 6 tasks each. No goat milk but majority is the tasks we either never take or do very few. 3 varieties of the same townie tasks - do they even appear on the board in such numbers?

We might do one line that is somewhat insane but overall it seems like setting up an NH for failure and an extreely stressful week. Right now the board is clear as the tasks showing up are neither bingo nor high point ones. ♥♥♥?
    Farm: Bunny Ranch
    NH: Atlantic to Pacific Co-op