Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Bingo Derby..many questions

Pro Member

Bingo Derby..many questions

Hi
    I've seen the Bingo Derby video.

my questions:
    a) the extra points for a line => this are points for Derby or for the "list of high ranking hoodies"?

I've seen we must make 4 fishing tasks or four boat tasks =>
    b) Do we have to make four, no matter how many opted in for this derby?

thanks!

I don't know either answer, but it would be good to try to keep ONE active thread about this, instead of loads, so I'm adding my thoughts/questions too.

I'm hoping the number of times you have to do a task is proportional with the number of players, but I suspect Solo hoods are going to be penalised. I can only do 10 tasks., this means I *could* get the 3 lines from the corner, but only if I only have 1 in each of those squares, any more than that and it's not possible. Given bigger treats can share a square, I think it would be fair for solo players to have 1 in each box, otherwise it's yet another thing we can't achieve no matter what.

I'm looking forward to giving it a go.
    ROB MY CHARLATAN PLEASE KIK/MSG ME xx

Level 159 (49 Town)
    KIK: SmallChange2015
    🇬🇧 GMT+1. Trade with existing GC or Farm Tags (No FB)

I watched the video n ran to check forum out 😂😂 so many questions some mentioned in the above post, thanks for asking those questions

1. How do u still win championship league n complete bingo ( sounds stupid I know ). But will we have to forgo 320s to complete the row of tasks?

2. More opted pple in derby means more tasks per box to be completed? The video showed 4 per box

3. Will we get advanced noticed if it's a points or rewards bingo? Coz I think based on hood's goals the strategy will change ( I say screw points n just play 320 for points bingo and play to get rewards n forgo trophy for rewards bingo 😂😂, that's just me)

4. Will frequency of the bingo tasks increase and we can expect to see more of the same task reflected on the regular board? The video demo seem to show that practically all the task were a bingo compatible one 😂 Can we expect that or will it be like special derby and we see 1x 400 in every 700-900 trashed?

So many questions so hoping to see supercell answer some or release an FAQ to help us with this pls 😉

This will surely keep us on our toes for derby 😊

Centennial Club
    That’s my big question too - if the number of times a bingo card must be completed is proportional to the size of the hood.

If you need 16 (4 of the same type x 4) to get one derby line, as per the video, than solo folks are out. Smaller hoods will find this incredibly difficult. To say nothing of the so-called 2 or 3 derby line strategy by deliberately holding a specific task for last.....this is a very tricky thing.

hope someone can answer this question.
    Level 181 ♦️Town 65 ♦️ :Achievements 143/144 ♦️

Nick just posted a Thread in News announcing the tutorial & i've asked if he can pop over here. it would be better for the threads to be merged really.

Level 159 (49 Town)

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie00 View Post
    That’s my big question too - if the number of times a bingo card must be completed is proportional to the size of the hood.

If you need 16 (4 of the same type x 4) to get one derby line, as per the video, than solo folks are out. Smaller hoods will find this incredibly difficult. To say nothing of the so-called 2 or 3 derby line strategy by deliberately holding a specific task for last.....this is a very tricky thing.

hope someone can answer this question.
    As I said, I play Solo, I'm really looking forward to the challenge, so I hope it's *attainable* for Solo players. I'll be very disappointed if it's yet another thing we can't achieve, no matter how hard we work or how many max tasks we do (like horseshoes).

Level 159 (49 Town)

Iíve watched the video a couple of times now and I did notice that some of the sample boards have 4x and some have 3x so Iím assuming the number must change and I hope that it changes based on hood size.

i noticed however that in the points derby, you can only achieve maximum points by getting the 3-lines derby!! Thatís madness....assuming you wonít necessarily be able to do that with 320 point task, Iím guessing itís going to be a major strategy decision to figure out what is worth more to win.....and winning now becomes more about which tasks you might be able to get on the board.

My questions -

1. are the number of bingo card tasks proportional to hood size?

2. will there be some awful code that gives no 320 point tasks to matching bingo cards, so itís impossible to compete without taking a sub-320 task?

3. Will combo baskets count toward bingo cards? As in, mixed townie basket including salesmen - would that count for the salesmen card? Or the chilly basket, would that count for pumpkin pie?
    Last edited by Dove2017; October 21st, 2017 at 12:20 PM.
    Farm name: when doves cry
    level 151, town 53
    🌿🌿🌿🌿happy farming🌿🌿🌿🌿

Banned
    After watching the Bingo tutorial I am wondering how the derby standings will be affected. I watched closely and observed that many of the bingo tasks are less than 300 pts. So we complete the bingo and get some extra points BUT we lose points for taking tasks that average 280. How will this impact our derby league standings? We are more concerned with staying in the Champions League and getting another gold cup than getting a few more prizes. Any thoughts? Hey HD, how about some answers.

Quote Originally Posted by SmallChange View Post
    As I said, I play Solo, I'm really looking forward to the challenge, so I hope it's *attainable* for Solo players. I'll be very disappointed if it's yet another thing we can't achieve, no matter how hard we work or how many max tasks we do (like horseshoes).
    Yep. Me too. But I've already resigned myself to the latter scenario. It's what I believe will happen �� but if it doesn't then I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by SmallChange View Post
    Nick just posted a Thread in News announcing the tutorial & i've asked if he can pop over here. it would be better for the threads to be merged really.
    Thanks much, and let’s hope Nick or another mod comes on to explain a bit more and answer these questions, and sticky this thread.
    To be honest i checked first in NH/Derby talk, and didn’t see anything there relevant, so maybe a sticky there would be good too.

On a separate note, and converging with Awesomeblossomme’s question #4and Dove’s #2: are the tasks on derby board more likely to occur if they are listed on bingo board?

Thanks Elfriede for starting this thread.

PS: new threads on same subject should be merged here, and this thread should be stickied once it contains SC answers.
    To add some ‘importance’ I reported the thread to the mods...