Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Bingo Derby..many questions

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Frisco[Supercell] View Post
    Hi There!

Here, some answers to your questions:

The extra points for a line => this are points for Derby or for the "list of high ranking hoodies"?

These are for the the Derby

I've seen we must make 4 fishing tasks or four boat tasks =>
    b) Do we have to make four, no matter how many opted in for this derby?

The amount of tasks depend on the number of people opted in.

Will we get advanced noticed if it's a points or rewards bingo?

You will get the usual notice about the week's type of Derby

Will there be some awful code that gives no 320 point tasks to matching bingo cards, so it’s impossible to compete without taking a sub-320 task?

My understanding is that there should be all type of tasks, but I need to confirm with the team

Cheers,

Frisco
    thanks Frisco :-)

Banned
    We need further explanation how scoring will appear and how it may impact us in the champion league

Quote Originally Posted by MiniGardener View Post
    Assuming that a BINGO board for a single-player NH only requires one task per square, it would be interesting to learn whether the extra points from bingo would allow that person to reach more horseshoes. Doing 10 CL tasks should just make it possible to get 3 bingo lines.
    Playing Solo we only need another 450 points to get the 5th Horseshoe, so I think we will IF the Horseshoe points haven't been changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dove2017 View Post
    I asked about basket tasks as well - both because I’d hate to think they don’t count for at least one of their components, but it would be even better if they could count for more than 1 bingo card if the multiple components matched the bingo board....

be great if we knew how combo tasks played out.
    The only downside to that would be the complication of keeping the corner square free.

I see lots of twists & turns involved - it should be fun!

Quote Originally Posted by PapaWiz View Post
    We need further explanation how scoring will appear and how it may impact us in the champion league
    Do you mean the Championship Leader Board? I'm very thankful that I've never been interested in that. I'm something like 50,000th :/
    ROB MY CHARLATAN PLEASE KIK/MSG ME xx

Level 159 (49 Town)
    KIK: SmallChange2015
    🇬🇧 GMT+1. Trade with existing GC or Farm Tags (No FB)

Quote Originally Posted by SmallChange View Post
    Paul

That's incorrect. You can only get three lines using one corner. As explained in the video, once you complete a line your Bingo card is done. Part of the challenge is completing the square that joins the line, last.

You are ASSUMING that the squares will be worth 'one' in the small hoods, I was asking Frisco if that's the case.

I'd also like the know how basket tasks are handled IF they even appear in Bingo Derby, I think they may not or maybe they're a super lucky square and count as three.
    Actually no. You can get a three line without the last one being on the corner. Here are examples:

00xx xx00 x0x0 0x0x
    0100 0010 x00x x00x
    x00x x00x 0100 0010
    x0x0 0x0x 00xx xx0x

0's are competed tasks and 1 is the task you complete last. Still a three line bingo, but you have to use all 10 spots.
    Farm level: 31
    Achievements: 52/141

Being a newbie means I'm "new", so let me "bee" 🐝

alternate between San Diego and Baltimore, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by AbnormalAngel View Post
    Actually no. You can get a three line without the last one being on the corner. Here are examples:

00xx xx00 x0x0 0x0x
    0100 0010 x00x x00x
    x00x x00x 0100 0010
    x0x0 0x0x 00xx xx0x

0's are competed tasks and 1 is the task you complete last. Still a three line bingo, but you have to use all 10 spots.
    AbAngel, perhaps i don't quite understand you notation. You say 0's are compeleted tasks and 1 is the task you complete last. What is the difference between 00xx and xx00? Are you assuming four tasks are need to complete each box? Frisco already said the number of tasks for each box will be less for those hoods with less people opting in. SECOND QUESTION: You show in your gird the top line being 00xx xx00 x0x0 0x0x. That means the top line already got completed and the bingo ends as soon as that happens.You will never get to the other squares. You say 1's are the last tasks to be completed. Your last task would already have occurred in the top line. Similarly, the bottom line also will have ended the bingo. What am I not understanding in your notation?

I think I formated it wrong, I'm sorry. I meant to show four different options. So the first one is:
    00xx
    x00x
    x0x0

Then the second option is:
    xx00
    x00x
    0x0x

And so on for the last two. Each x, 0 or 1 stands for one box and the number of tasks doesn't really matter. I hope it makes more sense now.
    Last edited by AbnormalAngel; October 21st, 2017 at 10:03 PM.
    Farm level: 31
    Achievements: 52/141

Being a newbie means I'm "new", so let me "bee" 🐝

alternate between San Diego and Baltimore, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Dove2017 View Post
    I asked about basket tasks as well - both because Iíd hate to think they donít count for at least one of their components, but it would be even better if they could count for more than 1 bingo card if the multiple components matched the bingo board....

be great if we knew how combo tasks played out.
    The way I understand these bingo derbies, the bingo card shows the TASKS. A basket/combo task is ONE task. it's possible that a basket may occupy one of the squares on the Bingo card and it just was not included in the sample shown in the video. If the sample shown in the video already included all the possible tasks then I take it that basket tasks do not count in the bingo. I doubt seriously that one basket task can be split up to count for several squares in the bingo card. (I wouldn't object though! LOL)

Pro Member
    The Bingo Derby look Fun !
    But I am Worrid VERY Worried ! If we get grow Strawberries do Goat milk or same thing in the Bingo ?

How many in yours teams can you get to do tasks like that ?
    And if same in the team dont LOOK UP ? and take the wrong task ? so she/he close the Bingo and the team only get One Bingorow not 3 ? Will there be big arguments in many teams ?

That bingo will be fun for small teames ofcourse and easy to ,
    And easy and fun for teams that only have low level Players , that dont have so many types of task yes ,

But fo Big teams well it will be hard ,
    For big teams that have many low level and a few high level will the Bingo be very Hard,
    And team leaders in Big Teams well Good luck ! You need it so much work if we like to do this Derby bing good and win the Derbys ,

I AM WORRED , (and my team is good )
    Last edited by Lyngby; October 21st, 2017 at 10:10 PM.

This will be interesting to see how all the teams figure out what to do. And as said before, sometimes you must sacrifice task points to get the bingo square. Even if a team does not do all 320 pt tasks, that thinking goes against what they are used to doing.

I agree, Lyngby, it may be easier for smaller teams. And for larger teams that do not communicate well, to do the bingo will be difficult.

I am looking forward to trying the Bingo.
    Level 158
    Achievement 144/144 (24 Apr 2019)
    Be kind. 🤗

Same, Lyngby, I am worried about the logistics of having a team, any team, keep the engagement for the bingo.
    Somewhat luckily, a bigger team will have to complete multiple times the same task by mistake to close the wrong bingo spot... yet keep that one task until late to unlock the 3-line bingo.

Will have to make these 3x128 characters worth their reading
    Good luck