Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Bingo Derby..many questions

This will definitely be a different kind of derby for teams that try and achieve the highest/perfect score possible because it might actually make the derby unwinnable to do it at 320 strategy....

I’m basing the below on the photo I saw in the video which gave the points derby bonus points of 720/1010/1515 for 1/2/3 lines....I have no idea if this amount changes based on the size of the neighborhood but I’m going to assume a size of 5....

Team 1 - Takes all 320 tasks = 16,000 derby points max
    Does not bingo.
    Total - 16000

Team 2 - Takes all 320 tasks = 16,000 derby points max
    Get 1 bingo line = 720 points
    Total 16720

Team 3 - Takes tasks averaging 315 points = 15,570 max
    Gets 3 bingo lines - 1415
    Total 17165
    WINS GOLD CUP

Hmmmm.......
    Farm name: when doves cry
    level 151, town 53
    🌿🌿🌿🌿happy farming🌿🌿🌿🌿

As noted by SmallChange, here is the link to the news thread from Nick:

link

PS: i am a bit confused by this forum organization, between the News, General and Derby Talk subforums; as this discussion should be available in either. My CoC forum habit would be to see it in General (where updates are discussed, as there is no News section), but logic would put this thread in NH/Derby Talk

So I will edit this post, once I create a thread in NH/DT: link.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #13
    Hi There!

Here, some answers to your questions:

The extra points for a line => this are points for Derby or for the "list of high ranking hoodies"?

These are for the the Derby

I've seen we must make 4 fishing tasks or four boat tasks =>
    b) Do we have to make four, no matter how many opted in for this derby?

The amount of tasks depend on the number of people opted in.

Will we get advanced noticed if it's a points or rewards bingo?

You will get the usual notice about the week's type of Derby

Will there be some awful code that gives no 320 point tasks to matching bingo cards, so itís impossible to compete without taking a sub-320 task?

My understanding is that there should be all type of tasks, but I need to confirm with the team

Cheers,

Frisco

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #14
    And some more:

Can we do our normal Derby during a Bingo week by simply ignoring the Bingo tab? For example, we only play Derby for horse shoes so would opt out of the Bingo aspect of an extra points bingo derby.

You can ignore the bingo if you want. You can't opt out. Bingo will be there. but you can play the derby normally. You will just miss out on free prizes

Can We change any thing on the Bingo Derby board ?

No, you can't change that board.

Cheers,

Frisco

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco[Supercell] View Post
    And some more:

Can we do our normal Derby during a Bingo week by simply ignoring the Bingo tab? For example, we only play Derby for horse shoes so would opt out of the Bingo aspect of an extra points bingo derby.

You can ignore the bingo if you want. You can't opt out. Bingo will be there. but you can play the derby normally. You will just miss out on free prizes

Can We change any thing on the Bingo Derby board ?

No, you can't change that board.

Cheers,

Frisco
    Thank you Frisco for your replies so far ��

Can you please tell us Solo/Duo/Trio players if we will be able to achieve the three lines that the other teams will be able to.

Thank you
    ROB MY CHARLATAN PLEASE KIK/MSG ME xx

Level 159 (49 Town)
    KIK: SmallChange2015
    🇬🇧 GMT+1. Trade with existing GC or Farm Tags (No FB)

Thank you Frisco !!

that does help.
    level 151, town 53
    🌿🌿🌿🌿happy farming🌿🌿🌿🌿

Thanks Frisco for the replies, keep them coming

Quote Originally Posted by SmallChange View Post
    Can you please tell us Solo/Duo/Trio players if we will be able to achieve the three lines that the other teams will be able to.
    Since the bingo board is 4x4, and assuming solos will get one task for each spot, they will need 10 tasks.

Edited: as SmallChange poined, the bingo stops when a line is completed (i dont play bingo lol); so in order to fill more than one line, the intersection spot has to be completed last.
    Removed the wrong explanation to avoid confusions.

PS SmallChange, yes I assume, that the smallest NH size in derby would have one task per bingo spot. Let’s wait for a better answer indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by PaluEliteFamily View Post
    Thanks Frisco for the replies, keep them coming

Since the bingo board is 4x4, and assuming solos will get to complete one derby task per bingo spot, you should be able to complete 3 crossing lines with 9 bingo spots, with horizontal, vertical and diagonal lines crossing in 2 points (any diagonal, any line on edge, any line not on edge - each crossing the others twice):

examples - the numbers are tasks
    1x2x 1xxx
    x34x 23xx
    xx5x 4x5x
    6789 6789

PS: the lines need to cross twice in order to share 3 spots, and drop required spots from 12 (3 lines of 4) to 9... hope this helps.

Paul

That's incorrect. You can only get three lines using one corner. As explained in the video, once you complete a line your Bingo card is done. Part of the challenge is completing the square that joins the line, last.

You are ASSUMING that the squares will be worth 'one' in the small hoods, I was asking Frisco if that's the case.

I'd also like the know how basket tasks are handled IF they even appear in Bingo Derby, I think they may not or maybe they're a super lucky square and count as three.
    ROB MY CHARLATAN PLEASE KIK/MSG ME xx

Level 159 (49 Town)
    KIK: SmallChange2015
    🇬🇧 GMT+1. Trade with existing GC or Farm Tags (No FB)

Assuming that a BINGO board for a single-player NH only requires one task per square, it would be interesting to learn whether the extra points from bingo would allow that person to reach more horseshoes. Doing 10 CL tasks should just make it possible to get 3 bingo lines.
    Last edited by MiniGardener; October 21st, 2017 at 04:50 PM.

Farm Level 123 | Town 40 | Achievements 141/144

I asked about basket tasks as well - both because I’d hate to think they don’t count for at least one of their components, but it would be even better if they could count for more than 1 bingo card if the multiple components matched the bingo board....

be great if we knew how combo tasks played out.
    level 151, town 53
    🌿🌿🌿🌿happy farming🌿🌿🌿🌿