Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Game sometimes takes diamonds for opening mystery boxes and town chests

Game sometimes takes diamonds for opening mystery boxes and town chests

Sometimes when I tap on a mystery box, and it's unlocked, I get a gift, then I notice diamonds are missing (3 for mystery boxes, 5 for town chests). I don't get a popup window saying it's unlocked and to spend diamonds to open it. I think they go missing when I leave the area where the box was, like going back to my farm after tapping the mystery box in another player's farm. Like in this thread I've found: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...ng-my-diamonds

I know this has been reported before, but it has never been acknowledged. I may start recording my gameplay every single time I want to tap a box! Because I don't want Support to think that I'm lying just to get a few diamonds back.

I have finally caught this bug on video:

Second video (August 31 2018):

Last edited by Glottis; August 31st, 2018 at 08:02 AM.

Yes, this exact same thing happened to me twice after the update launched. I sent in a support ticket but haven't heard back. I've just stopped tapping on mystery boxes and chests all together now, as support hasn't yet acknowledged this bug and I don't want to lose any more diamonds.

There seems to be a broader issue with bugs occurring/items missing due to a random reloading glitch. I really hope it's fixed soon.
    Farm Level: 105 | Town Level: 27

kik:
    darkroseblast

Quote Originally Posted by darkroseblast View Post
    Yes, this exact same thing happened to me twice after the update launched. I sent in a support ticket but haven't heard back. I've just stopped tapping on mystery boxes and chests all together now, as support hasn't yet acknowledged this bug and I don't want to lose any more diamonds.

There seems to be a broader issue with bugs occurring/items missing due to a random reloading glitch. I really hope it's fixed soon.
    This bug has affected me for years. I just got a reply from Support stating that I definitely get a popup (which I definitely didn't!) and that there is no glitch that makes the game automatically take away diamonds. I know it's just a person on the other end of my conversation with Support, so I don't mind being called a liar. People make mistakes, and I won't hold it against them.

I've installed an app to record my gameplay, and I turn it on each time I want to tap on a mystery box. I will attach the video to this thread when I catch this glitch. I hope other players will do the same.

This just happened again!
    The game took 5 diamonds for an UNLOCKED mystery chest. The 5 diamonds were taken when I came back to my town, NOT when I tapped the chest.
    Unfortunately I wasn't recording when this happened. It's just such a hassle to stop whatever I'm doing, start the recording app, come back to the game, tap the mystery chest/box, stop recording... Every time I find a mystery thingy! And this glitch hits me once every 2 months or so, imagine how many times I would've recorded myself tapping mystery chests! I wish someone would believe us and fix this.

The game just took 3 diamonds for an unlocked mystery box. Like always, the diamonds were taken when I returned to my farm, not when I tapped the mystery box.
    How can a bug survive so many updates?!

yes here also, SC pls fix this problem, i'm always verry carefully opening the boxes, so i'm 100% it's not my fault.
    Leader of HOOD#: PCYQYY80
    ID#:
    2Y9OUPGOU
    LVL: 116
    KIK: Timpie1980

I've seen it too, when leaving the game for a couple of hours, I encountered multiple times that my diamonds had decreased for no obvious reason...

there should be a diamond confirmation option on the mystery boxes too "are you sure" thingy.
    Leader of HOOD#: PCYQYY80
    ID#:
    2Y9OUPGOU
    LVL: 116
    KIK: Timpie1980

I have finally caught this bug on video! Please refer to the first post in this thread to watch the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Glottis View Post
    I have finally caught this bug on video! Please refer to the first post in this thread to watch the video.
    If you've not already done so, write to Support again and include this video as proof that there is no popup saying that the chest is locked and you need to pay. If it's open, you shouldn't get charged. If it's locked, you should get the popup. Neither of those things is working properly, which is obvious in that video. Good luck.
    Last edited by Cricks3; June 17th, 2018 at 04:26 PM.
    GC: PhoenixAerie KIK: Cricks3 HDTag: YQJLUQU9
    Farm: In Memory of Tom, Level 145, town level 42
    NH:
    iPhone 6s Plus, iOS version 12.2 Time Zone CST -6
    Honorary "Tech Bug Hound", Previous Official SC Hay Day Forum Moderator