Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SC, stop everything and FIX clan wars now

SC, stop everything and FIX clan wars now

I don't think SC understands how much they have hurt this game with the new clan war match algorithm. The new match making might have fixed some issues but it has created just as many new issues. SC has attacked the most dedicated group of players in the game. I have reached my limit and it is very difficult after putting in some much time and money into the game.

Trying to adjust the clan's ranking by looking at both the offense and defense is more difficult then just assigning weights and totaling them up. This is a perfect situation for an AI solution using either an expert system or a neural network.

Also, you need to reduce the war size options in order to create bigger buckets of clans to match.

STOP EVERYTHING ELSE UNTIL YOU GET THIS DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clan Tag: #88CGQJV9
    PlayerId: #G08GJ82R

Appreciate your passion, OP. SC is working on it. Their timeline is often different from the players, and I've learned to manage my expectations when it comes to changes within the game.
    Playing since December 2012
    Accounts:
    JFSoul; Colin's Fury; JS Navy; 5 TH10/9s
    "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time." Leo Tolstoy

Quote Originally Posted by JFSoul View Post
    Appreciate your passion, OP. SC is working on it. Their timeline is often different from the players, and I've learned to manage my expectations when it comes to changes within the game.
    I’m not sure that is the case as this was flagged 2 years ago. Also, SC themselves (as many players have detailed on here) have actively encouraged players to do what they will with their bases. Even in early 2016 SC was changing the MM to penalise defensive focused players.

If SC had truly taken on board the long-term players gripes 2 years ago we would have a balanced game. However, the company have pandered to shareholders demands to make ever bigger profits from engineering and the clan war feature of the game is untenable.

Who would’ve thought that lopsided bases would lead to lopsided wars...

GB
    Last edited by MrGreenbearUK; October 19th, 2017 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teslap85 View Post
    I don't think SC understands how much they have hurt this game with the new clan war match algorithm. The new match making might have fixed some issues but it has created just as many new issues. SC has attacked the most dedicated group of players in the game. I have reached my limit and it is very difficult after putting in some much time and money into the game.

Trying to adjust the clan's ranking by looking at both the offense and defense is more difficult then just assigning weights and totaling them up. This is a perfect situation for an AI solution using either an expert system or a neural network.

Also, you need to reduce the war size options in order to create bigger buckets of clans to match.

so i checked your clan tag and roster and i am amazed by what i saw...not a single eagle on any of your 11s and not a single inferno on any of your th10s...

it's no wonder you guys are having a rough go at matchmaking.
    Co-Leader of Monkey Bizness. Lv 18 constant war clan. #GV228Q9
    The Frosty Trinity
    Blaze - TH12 - K60/Q56/W30
    Fire - TH12 - K50/Q50/W20
    Inferno - TH12 - K50/Q50/W20

Quote Originally Posted by MrGreenbearUK View Post
    I’m not sure that is the case as this was flagged 2 years ago. Also, SC themselves (as many players have detailed on here) have actively encouraged players to do what they will with their bases. Even in early 2016 SC was changing the MM to penalise defensive focused players.

If SC had truly taken on board the long-term players gripes 2 years ago we would have a balanced game. However, the company have pandered to shareholders demands to make ever bigger profits from engineering and the clan war feature of the game is untenable.

Who would’ve thought that lopsided bases would lead to lopsided wars...

GB
    Money will always be the primary driver for any company, and I don't fault SC for allowing profit to influence their decisions. When it comes to Clan Wars, I'm not convinced it's a huge money maker when compared to trophy pushers, Builder Hall, Clan War Leagues, and other features of the game.

SC tends to adher to its values, and they are still a relatively young company. I think they mean it when they say the game should be played in a way that aligns with their vision and goals. Sometimes it changes a little, and I sense "PR speak" on occasion within the forum, but for the most part they stick to their guns.

Agree it's taken way too long. And even though they've stated it's a loophole they are trying to close, I'm not sure they can do it. But at least it appears to be a higher priority now than ever before.
    Accounts:

we have always put our offense ahead of our defense from day 1 and now this is wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by AFrostyBlaze View Post
    so i checked your clan tag and roster and i am amazed by what i saw...not a single eagle on any of your 11s and not a single inferno on any of your th10s...

it's no wonder you guys are having a rough go at matchmaking.
    We feel that a good TH11 base design should not require an eagle to prevent a 3 star. Why should we be forced to build eagles to make the algorithm easier to implement? You seem to think that the answer is to build eagle and infernos

We feel that a good TH11 base design should not require an eagle to prevent a 3 star. Why should we be forced to build eagles to make the algorithm easier to implement? You seem to think that the answer is to build eagle and infernos
    I don't know what your typical clan line up is, but if you have many TH9s, TH10s, and TH11s without xBows, infernos, and Eagles, what were you expecting to draw as an opponent? I'm not being flippant--I'd like to know what your expectations are so I can understand your view.
    Accounts:

Quote Originally Posted by JFSoul View Post
    I don't know what your typical clan line up is, but if you have many TH9s, TH10s, and TH11s without xBows, infernos, and Eagles, what were you expecting to draw as an opponent? I'm not being flippant--I'd like to know what your expectations are so I can understand your view.
    everyone in our clan wars on the weekend and we have people from TH11 to TH8/7. I would expect to be matched as close as possible, but most importantly the top 5 need to have very similar defenses. All of our wars come down to the top three. We have been adding defenses at the top but we continue to be matched with higher defenses at the top. The offensive level of the top 5 does not matter too much because they all have at least one max offensive army they can use. A player with all max offensive troops should not be significantly weighted higher than a player with only a few max troops since both will have a max army to attack with during war.

I hear you OP. I think this problem is a plague to the game, and SuperCell is either incapable or unwilling to fix it.

I went through all 5 stages of grief on this over the past year. I started in denial because I thought it would get better. I moved onto anger because I felt like uneven matchups would waste 48 hrs of my time. Then I started with bargaining, as I would be willing to make concessions on my part if it meant for better wars. Before long, I was into a depression because our clan was dying before my eyes - this great game that had a lot of life left - but was pushing away so many of our players. Finally, I am in acceptance, and I'm permanently opted out.

I had so much enjoyment from Clan Wars over the years, and I was clinging to the hope that this enjoyment would continue. Now I've accepted that it won't get better. We're past the point of return in my books.

Forum Elder
    I'm on board for reducing war sizes. Knock it down to 5 sizes 10 20 30... This small change would help alot. Then do set times for war, mabey every 3 or 4 hrs. This hurts very few and would be more a inconvenience than tragic change.