Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Attacking without Battle Machine?

IMHO, the Dropship & Minion combo works best for this.

1st account at ~4300, upgrading to BM17. Max Minion Drops work really well to get a solid 2*. BM normally is just for cleanup most of the time for this anyway. Unless you're unlucky or its a bad base.

2nd account keeps bouncing above and below 4000. BM17 as well. I have a lot more difficulty on this since my main army here is MAX Mitch or GiMitch. usually run camps at 2minion 2witch and the 3rd alternates between giant/witch/minion depending on the base and what I think I can pull off.
    Usually I have to get lucky because its either a high 1*, or barely a 2*.
    After the upgrade I alternate to a non critical defense upgrade, and push back above 4000 if I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Klavious View Post
    Sorry to necro an old thread (is 2 months necro?) but I have some questions about attacking without BM as I'm currently in the 11 -> 15 cycle.

I stacked loot the first 2 upgrades for 11 & 12 but now that I'm going to 13 my loot timer stack will reset well before the BM upgrade finishes. I'm at 4300 trophies, is that enough cushion to attack through the BM being down? Can I expect to push through my 3 wins without losing too many trophies using L14 DS and L14 Minions or have defenses caught up to the point where winning w.o BM is going to be tough.

When I get to the L16 ->20 I'll need to attack through at least one cycle but is it worth the pain to do it on the 2 day upgrades? Anyone else have a feeling on this? Barbs are not an option as they are only L10.
    Typically, yes. I did 3 for 3 when I did it with Minion Drops....
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG20YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.

I think I will still drop under 4k before my BM reach vl20.
    I just go for 2 stars with mitch or barbarians + archers or canon carts and hope for the best. Mitch only work against bad layouts without BM.

Forum Champion
    It seems the consensus is I should be able to hold trophies reasonably well using Minion Drops either 2-3 or 3-2 depending on base layout.

I'll give it a shot and if I drop a 100 trophies I'll just stack at that point. Thanks folks.

Forum Elder
    i do it often since i keep on upgrading BM

i use 2 sets each of barch & one bomber
    deploying them carefully to barch out between 64%-77% 2*

I run all archers. Guaranteed high percentage one star and if you do it right you can pull off a two. Usually enough people fail, so I only lose at max 100 trophies.

Forum Champion
    Shockingly I went 3-2 today with BM down and picked up 30 trophies. I don't expect this to be the norm though. Currently sitting at 4440.

Forum Elder
    Shockingly I went 3-2 today with BM down and picked up 30 trophies. I don't expect this to be the norm though. Currently sitting at 4440.
    once i had 1 loss 3 wins & next day 3 wins 2 losses
    but last time i lost many without BM & lost even more when BM joined back
    just recovering it now when lab is running with gold upgrades giving rest of 6 days to BM

Take note of what time of day that was and try to hit again same time.

Certain times of the day are better for me than others. But it also seems to cycle sometimes, meaning those times move around a bit.

Forum Elder
    So how many of you with maxed dropships are f2p? I'd be interested to know if some people who don't pay decided to go with dropships before other troops.

I just went with Barbs. It's harder than with dropships, but you do learn quick how to get 2* without that hero using ground.