Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Other Clouds

The Other Clouds

I have never seen a post about the other clouds so I though it possible that many don’t know it exists.

Let me back up a minute, a few weeks ago I took my first trip to Legends to see the original “clouds” for myself. I made it past 5200 and got a glimpse of what the fuss is about. I did not enjoy it and can only think of the horror of climbing higher.

I had no idea that my next quest would lead to the other clouds.

So, once I checked “get legends trophies” off my bucket list I went to my “achievements” to find a reason to keep playing this game. There it was, a hole in my list of three stars, almost three years of play and I was 1/10 of the way to “unbreakable” three star. I knew long ago when I let my TH get sniped over and over that unbreakable would be a pipe dream. Now it was time to do something about it!

With that new resolve I began my endeavor to drop 5000 cups, how fast could I hit the bottom?

I chuckled a little when I got down to 500 cups and I would get stuck in the clouds for a few moments between offers, then it happened, the lower I went the longer the clouds.

So, for those of you who didn’t know, as a TH 11 you can get stuck in the clouds at both ends of the trophy count. Get below 200 cups and you can wait a long while for that -1 offer.

The bottom clouds are not near as bad as the top clouds but I had no idea that would happen. I found it comical and thought I would share.

Other things to know if you are considering this plunge:

1. There is no DE down here
    2. You will see lower TH levels but never below TH7
    3. Loot penalty on TH9s and below is steep – don’t come here for loot
    4. You can farm 100 defenses on a good day, 20 or so on a bad day
    5. There are max 11s that live down here – saw one with almost 9000 defenses - wow
    6. Ever wonder where the defenseless accounts hang out? Now I call them neighbors.
    7. You will shoot up 500 or more cups daily and you have to fight your way back down.
    8. It takes about an hour a day to get back down to 600 cups, plan for 2 hours to get below 400.
    9. Star bonus is worthless down here, you can forget it is there.
    10. Unbreakable is the silliest of the achievements. Is this what they had in mind? I doubt it.

Thanks for reading guys. Clash on!
    Last edited by DreadPirateRoberts; October 16th, 2017 at 02:44 PM.
    Wizard's Duel #PGLP0802 Dread Pirate R #2Y0JGYUGU - Max TH12
    Contact me on Discord (Dread Pirate Roberts#5841)
    Credit for avatar - I found it here

Trainee
    Good Lord...and I thought only the Legend Leagues had it rough, now it's the other way around? Is there anybody that completed the Unbreakable achievement?

Quote Originally Posted by Bacalaoist View Post
    Good Lord...and I thought only the Legend Leagues had it rough, now it's the other way around? Is there anybody that completed the Unbreakable achievement?
    Me done it a few weeks ago, took me 2 weeks of constant dropping to bronze 3 times a day every day haha
    Lvl 217 TH12
    Heros 60/60/30 2250+ War Stars Trophy Best- 5720

Lvl 145 TH10
    Heros 40/40 1800+ War Stars *Retired*

Forum Superstar
    small trace of cloud starts around 3650-3800

screen starts to stay real white around 4600-4700 (which i consider real start of clouds) but not for more than a min usually below 4700

Been considering doing this for a while to get that achievement. My TH10 is maxed except for research.

Forum Superstar
    i will consider it only if maxed th11

but the question arises, after maxing will be bored to do this for gems

right now i don't wanna leave legend & reach other corner

I hope you're 100% maxed because the 4X loot bonus even is starting soon. Now is the time to climb!

BTW, I just finished my heroes, so I'm thinking about doing the same thing... after the loot event. I still have some walls and a bit of lab work to finish up...

Forum Superstar
    loot bonus isn't a problem, won't get builders available if i start 14 day upgrades

Ha! Very interesting. Many thanks for sharing.
    Playing since December 2012
    Accounts:
    JFSoul; Colin's Fury; JS Navy; 5 TH10/9s
    "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time." Leo Tolstoy

Lady Maverick
    Quote Originally Posted by suhasbhat26 View Post
    loot bonus isn't a problem, won't get builders available if i start 14 day upgrades
    It does.if u have FIVE builders.
    I'm planning to do this achievement once I'm maxed.