Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When Air Attacks!

When Air Attacks!

Hey all - I've been running 100+ attacks a day since the Battlefest event started. Needless to say...I'm wearin' out. BUT, I'm also getting some really good practice with my air attacks, not to mention some good replays of how to run Bombarian (which I'm going to learn next week).

I just uploaded a new video to my channel that has a BUNCH of air attack replays.

BH6 vs BH7 - Mass Beta Minions X 2
    BH7 vs BH7 - Mass Beta Minions X 2
    BH7 vs BH7 - Mitch X 2
    BH7 vs BH7 - Baby Mitch X 1 (Defensive replay)
    BH7 vs BH7 - Beta Drags X 1 (Defensive replay)
    BH7 vs BH7 - Minion Drops X I dunno...maybe 10?

Most of the attacks are three star attacks and I've been getting a LOT of three star wins this past few days. I thought I'd share with the rest of the group in case anyone is looking for some more examples of these attacks. I have level 12 Beta Minions and Night Witches, level 13 Beta Minions and Drop Ships, and the Minion Drops videos have my brand spankin' new level 14 Beta Minions.

For those who have asked...I definitely think the level 14 upgrade to the Beta Minions is worth it. You get one additional Long Shot (so five in all) at level 14. For just a handful of them, that's no big deal. Drop 50 of 'em and that's 250 extra shots from well outside the reach of any defenses.

I'm finding this particularly useful in my Minion Drops attacks. I've moved to using 3 camps of Drop Ships (so 6 units in all) and 2 camps of Beta Minions. The Drop Ships tank well - FAR better than Baby Dragons. As they lead the charge, the Beta Minions hang back and dump 100 rounds on the defensive front lines.

Speaking of Drop Ships - I've started using level 4 thru level 6 Drop Ships on my other games as I've been upgrading them during the event like a mad man. A level 1 Drop Ship (1200HP) has more HP than a level 14 Baby Dragon (1064HP), so as tanks, they're doing VERY well. I'm using 2 camps Drop Ships, 3 camps Beta Minions (the original Minion Drops breakdown) as it's the Beta Minions who are really doing all the work for the moment. The Drop Ships are great, but until they hit level 10, they're only dropping 4 or 6 skeletons on the Skeleton Burst, so not as effective. Those Larrys do quite a number on defensive structures, though.

At any rate, here's the link to the video. Hope you find it helpful....

Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.

Forum All-Star
    Thanks for posting this! I decided that my first upgrade would be either bdrags or minions and I chose minions. I've always leaned more towards air in the BH. I'll do minions to max and then drags next. Thanks a million for the video. It helped me tremendously. Would love to see more attack strategies, especially air.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdome757 View Post
    Thanks for posting this! I decided that my first upgrade would be either bdrags or minions and I chose minions. I've always leaned more towards air in the BH. I'll do minions to max and then drags next. Thanks a million for the video. It helped me tremendously. Would love to see more attack strategies, especially air.
    Thnx! For BH7, I have Mass Beta Minions (L12, BH7), Mitch, and Minion Drops up right now on my channel. Here in a few days, I’ll revisit Minion Drops with L14 troops and post another video.
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)

I’m getting glitched video and audio on replay online; anyone else?
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)

At which drop ship level would it make sense to use a tank vs a level 12 baby dragon?

Quote Originally Posted by Noctaire View Post
    I’m getting glitched video and audio on replay online; anyone else?
    yup... left you a msg on YT and discord, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Shamwow View Post
    At which drop ship level would it make sense to use a tank vs a level 12 baby dragon?
    Strictly as a tank, level 1 is better (1200HP vs BD14 @ 1064HP) but considering speed, damage, and quantity...I would start tinkering at level 8, regular use at level 10 (Skeleton Burst gets a bump). I made Minion Drops my primary attack at level 12. As soon as my Beta Minions hit level 13, I shifted to using 3 camps of Drop Ships instead of two as well.

Prior to level 8, they do ok for tanking but don’t seem to be offensively strong enough to do the trick. I have them at level 4 and they tank decently enough for me to pull down the occasional win against some early BH7s, but not so much the mid-level games. I’ve been using the lower level ones against heavily rushed players at lower trophy levels mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by N1NJ4smurf View Post
    yup... left you a msg on YT and discord, lol
    I’m so mad...I no longer have access to a few of those replays, so I can’t fully re-record it.
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)

Ireland, Under a rainbow with my gem box!
    Strictly as a tank, level 1 is better (1200HP vs BD14 @ 1064HP) but considering speed, damage, and quantity...I would start tinkering at level 8, regular use at level 10 (Skeleton Burst gets a bump). I made Minion Drops my primary attack at level 12. As soon as my Beta Minions hit level 13, I shifted to using 3 camps of Drop Ships instead of two as well.

Prior to level 8, they do ok for tanking but don’t seem to be offensively strong enough to do the trick. I have them at level 4 and they tank decently enough for me to pull down the occasional win against some early BH7s, but not so much the mid-level games. I’ve been using the lower level ones against heavily rushed players at lower trophy levels mostly.

I’m so mad...I no longer have access to a few of those replays, so I can’t fully re-record it.
    Similar question to the first response you gave, I have level 12 minions and level 9 (on the way to 10) dropships. I currently use 2 camps ships 3 camps minions, 1 minion camp is usually split in half for sniping and then save the remaining half for clean up with BM then basically assault a side with 4 ships and 20-25 minions. It's having success but not super consistent to the point I'm happy. Would you recommend I switch to 3 camps ships and the rest minions? Also I was hitting some diamond bases with 2 camps minions, 2 camps ships and 1 camp witch. Got a couple triples but also a couple fails. What's your thought on that army comp?

Also yeah video got glitchy around 20 minutes for me then nearer to the end the audio was ahead of the video! But still watched it in full. Really liking your content it's exactly what I'm looking for when I need Builder Base help so thank you!
    IGN: o0 DYL4N 0o
    Clan: Unsung Heroes

Town Hall:
    11 Builder Hall: 8 Level: 160
    King: Level 44 Queen: Level 50 Grand Warden: Level 20 Battle Machine: Level 22

Quote Originally Posted by Saukin94 View Post
    Similar question to the first response you gave, I have level 12 minions and level 9 (on the way to 10) dropships. I currently use 2 camps ships 3 camps minions, 1 minion camp is usually split in half for sniping and then save the remaining half for clean up with BM then basically assault a side with 4 ships and 20-25 minions. It's having success but not super consistent to the point I'm happy. Would you recommend I switch to 3 camps ships and the rest minions? Also I was hitting some diamond bases with 2 camps minions, 2 camps ships and 1 camp witch. Got a couple triples but also a couple fails. What's your thought on that army comp?

Also yeah video got glitchy around 20 minutes for me then nearer to the end the audio was ahead of the video! But still watched it in full. Really liking your content it's exactly what I'm looking for when I need Builder Base help so thank you!
    For Minion Drops, the Beta Minions pull the weight early on, so I go with 2 camps Drop Ships and 3 camps Beta Minions. When I got my Beta Minions to level 14, they were tough enough that I could go with less if I had better tanking so I switched to 3 camps Drop Ships, 2 camps Beta Minions.

I haven’t tried 2 and 2mwith the fifth Camp holding Night Witches, though. (“Batty Minion Drops”...?). I’ll tinker with it a bit on my next attack run and see how it works for me. I would think the NWs wouldn’t last very long as they’d be largely lacking tanks and end up quick fodder for ground defenses. The new BM hasn’t been a good tank since the update; he tends to wander.
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)

Ireland, Under a rainbow with my gem box!
    For Minion Drops, the Beta Minions pull the weight early on, so I go with 2 camps Drop Ships and 3 camps Beta Minions. When I got my Beta Minions to level 14, they were tough enough that I could go with less if I had better tanking so I switched to 3 camps Drop Ships, 2 camps Beta Minions.

I haven’t tried 2 and 2mwith the fifth Camp holding Night Witches, though. (“Batty Minion Drops”...?). I’ll tinker with it a bit on my next attack run and see how it works for me. I would think the NWs wouldn’t last very long as they’d be largely lacking tanks and end up quick fodder for ground defenses. The new BM hasn’t been a good tank since the update; he tends to wander.
    Ah okay perfect I'll stick with 3 camps minions till level 14 then play around! Thanks have been trying 3 camps dropships and not much success!

I like the name could go BetaBatDrops too? Lol I thought the same with the NW but I basically do the standard mass witch approach, BM corner, witches behind as they get close to the base i drop the ships to funnel into the corner then minions behind. I think it's a good strat for diamond bases as that's where I've seen most success. The ground defences usually have been focusing on the Larry's or focus the BM while the NW walk the outside of the base (a part i think is key for success.) on all my success attacks I'm actually left with both witches right up until either the last defence or two which are ground and then then the bats roam free or the witches get wall stalled which is obviously a good thing! Would like to see your findings, see if it's a viable strat up near 5k (I'm only hovering around 4k)
    IGN: o0 DYL4N 0o
    Clan: Unsung Heroes

Town Hall:
    11 Builder Hall: 8 Level: 160
    King: Level 44 Queen: Level 50 Grand Warden: Level 20 Battle Machine: Level 22