Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 166

Thread: FAQ - Matchmaking

  1. #31
    Forum Superstar TankSinatra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Skrags View Post
    I do like the word 'Intent' within the engineering context, and certainly perma X.5s fit into that category, it's the short term offence over defence where controversy often looms etc

    Yeah think I need to go back to the original plan, and leave it out. Otherwise the usual perma .5 fit (what, me engineering?) will cloud everything up.
    It's always the closet engineers that are the most bitter. Trying to maintain a righteous pose while doing exactly what they claim to hate, lashing out at anyone that points out the obvious.

  2. #32
    Forum Superstar TankSinatra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,086
    Tweaked and tightened up a bit.
    It's always the closet engineers that are the most bitter. Trying to maintain a righteous pose while doing exactly what they claim to hate, lashing out at anyone that points out the obvious.

  3. #33
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,305
    Great work in compiling this! I think it should be made a sticky.

  4. #34
    Forum Hero JFSoul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    7,400
    Nicely done, Tank...thank you for keeping it up to date.
    Playing since December 2012
    Accounts:
    JFSoul; Colin's Fury; JS Navy; 5 TH10/9s
    "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time." Leo Tolstoy





  5. #35
    Forum Superstar TankSinatra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,086
    Added reference to the sticky for mismatch reporting.
    It's always the closet engineers that are the most bitter. Trying to maintain a righteous pose while doing exactly what they claim to hate, lashing out at anyone that points out the obvious.

  6. #36
    Forum Champion StormHeart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Philippines via Memphis, Tn. USA
    Posts
    5,125
    Good stuff, like someone else, I could give you rep because I already did somewhere.

    But I disagree with you on the TH min. weight. I get your point it might not make any sense to weight a non-attacking building but it's the only thing that's going to stop the unfair wars. If you didn't engineer too, then you might see it differently. :P

    They have made improvements but it still needs work. I know you know the way to beat it is to max only one or two troops on your TH11/10 and I don't see any way for them to stop that without making searches hours long for everyone.
    Last edited by StormHeart; October 31st, 2017 at 11:03 AM.

    Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Join us on Discord
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8
    My post is opinion unless I specifically state it's a fact.

  7. #37
    Forum Superstar TankSinatra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,086
    Quote Originally Posted by StormHeart View Post
    But I disagree with you on the TH min. weight. I get your point it might not make any sense to weight a non-attacking building but it's the only thing that's going to stop the unfair wars. If you didn't engineer too, then you might see it differently. :P

    They have made improvements but it still needs work. I know you know the way to beat it is to max only one or two troops on your TH11/10 and I don't see any way for them to stop that without making searches hours long for everyone.
    Dug out & added a link to Darian's comment on TH weight - https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post11015159
    Key bit addressing the 'th-1 min weight' idea - "But when you look at their lower TH11's, they have no Warden, their heroes are level 5, no Crossbows, no Inferno Towers, and no Eagle Artillery. Our TH7 or 8's could take out these TH11's easily. So initially, it could look like a poor matchup, but it's going to be a super easy win for us."

    We all put on the 'war forum blinders' from time to time here, start greatly overestimating average players 3* rate, assuming everyone knows what they're doing. Anti-engineers in particular are always willing to throw rushers under the bus if it would nerf engineering at the same time, but they should consider for a moment that SC loves their ignorant rushers as much as anyone else. More maybe, because the rushers might get frustrated enough to spend more.

    Interesting though to look back at this Darian post. He's pointing to his current war saying, it might look like a bad matchup due to TH disadvantage, but in reality it will be an easy war for him.....


    ....



    ....



    Doesn't that mean its a bad matchup?
    It's always the closet engineers that are the most bitter. Trying to maintain a righteous pose while doing exactly what they claim to hate, lashing out at anyone that points out the obvious.

  8. #38
    Forum Champion StormHeart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Philippines via Memphis, Tn. USA
    Posts
    5,125
    I find that post from him a little disturbing.

    That they are easy to kill doesn't matter. Not even a small amount! You can earn six stars but lose only three.

    Even low heroes are of limited benefit to the opposing side. For example, a long time ago we had a defenseless Th11 vs out 9s through 7s. It had only a level 1 warden but level 6 dragons and max spell factory. He demolished our top two Th9s with dragons, max lightning, and a floating warden. I don't remember the level of its Royals but they were not a factor.

    All that matter is when someone brings in a TH10 or 11 in a 10vs10 war with max miners and/or bowlers or some other troop such as level 5 or 6 pekkas vs out TH9s. We are totally screwed when that happens. Now, it has been a while since we saw a TH11 but I think the last war we lost was where they brought a TH10 with level 3 miners that wiped out our top two nines. That's it. Once that happens we have to be perfect and we often are. But we can't win that war it is impossible.

    How ofter are we perfect? Our war record is 156-35-10. 84 of those wins were perfect wars. About a year ago when we were even newer and greener someone asked "Why do we have to be perfect to win?" Ten ties for a clan with 201 wars is very high and it's because of engineering. That didn't happen in the clans I was in when I first started playing, I think, three years ago.

    But, I know you know, it's the offense that matters. Sure, if you don't get any defenses you can't win but we can't get defenses when they bring in an overpowered base, just one that can easily kill our top two and then the rest dip down.

    We are in a war right now that is unfair but I think we will probably win it. They don't have any TH10s but they have a lot more Th9s. Our top three out of our four often get a six-pack. Our Th8s don't stand a chance because they have 2 more nines than we do but that's okay. My four bases already killed their four Th8s. They have not attacked yet.

    In our last war we faced 7 TH9s to our four. They didn't bother to show and they were our 84th perfect war. :P I know TH level doesn't tell the whole story but I'm not trying to get into that much depth on this post.

    I won't post the info to either war on Darian's thread because they are not an impossible war for us to win. I'll wait until we get another one.

    Improvements have been made as it has been at least six wars since that happened. Our war win streak is five.

    Quote Originally Posted by TankSinatra View Post
    Dug out & added a link to Darian's comment on TH weight - https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post11015159
    Key bit addressing the 'th-1 min weight' idea - "But when you look at their lower TH11's, they have no Warden, their heroes are level 5, no Crossbows, no Inferno Towers, and no Eagle Artillery. Our TH7 or 8's could take out these TH11's easily. So initially, it could look like a poor matchup, but it's going to be a super easy win for us."

    We all put on the 'war forum blinders' from time to time here, start greatly overestimating average players 3* rate, assuming everyone knows what they're doing. Anti-engineers in particular are always willing to throw rushers under the bus if it would nerf engineering at the same time, but they should consider for a moment that SC loves their ignorant rushers as much as anyone else. More maybe, because the rushers might get frustrated enough to spend more.

    Interesting though to look back at this Darian post. He's pointing to his current war saying, it might look like a bad matchup due to TH disadvantage, but in reality it will be an easy war for him.....


    ....



    ....



    Doesn't that mean its a bad matchup?

    Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Join us on Discord
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8
    My post is opinion unless I specifically state it's a fact.

  9. #39
    Skrags's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    221B Baker Street
    Posts
    6,818
    Quote Originally Posted by TankSinatra View Post
    , but it's going to be a super easy win for us."
    The ambiguous part of that post by Darian was not the lower TH11's but the "4 x TH11's at the top". I'd like to know about these bases, as Darians clan only has 2 x TH11's.
    On the surface that didn't read 'easy win' to me!
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 15 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...10-s-to-TH12-s My Spec : Early TH12.

  10. #40
    Forum Champion StormHeart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Philippines via Memphis, Tn. USA
    Posts
    5,125
    They have TH11's so I can see it but we don't have any of those. When we get a Th10 or 11 we have to be perfect.

    We have a max Th9 except for Royals. Also, I'm a maxed Th9 with max Royals but level 2 xbows. I don't take myself when the other 9 is in because I fear we will get a strong TH10 sitting at the top of the map. It's okay. He will go to Th10 soon. I have a TH10 and we will start taking those two when he's ready. Then I can war with my nine. Right now, I can only go when his Royals are upgrading. :P

    Quote Originally Posted by Skrags View Post
    The ambiguous part of that post by Darian was not the lower TH11's but the "4 x TH11's at the top". I'd like to know about these bases, as Darians clan only has 2 x TH11's.
    On the surface that didn't read 'easy win' to me!
    Last edited by StormHeart; October 31st, 2017 at 03:41 PM.

    Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Join us on Discord
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8
    My post is opinion unless I specifically state it's a fact.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •