Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: FAQ - Matchmaking

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperStorm103 View Post
    FAQ 15. Why is it taking forever for my clan to find a match?

They are several reasons that your clan could be experiencing an extended search time.

The fist is simply that you are searching with a very uncommon roster (may be unintended).

The second is your roster is intentionally engineered to a point that there are also no suitable matches for your clan. This can be caused by excessive bottom end loading (including an excessive amount of th6's 5's or 3's at the bottom of your roster) or including very exotic (Engineered) accounts in your roster (i.e. high offense low defense accounts or other unnatural builds).

Possible solution: Try adding or removing accounts to change the size of war your are searching for potentially giving you a more common line up. Remove any excessive amount of low fillers at the bottom of your roster. Exclude any exotic or unnatural accounts from your roster when you search.

__________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

Tank, you hinted at this in one of the other Faq's, but I feel it needs it's own Faq so it is not so hidden. You can change my wording however you like.
    Nice add, might be good to add the uncommon high level fully maxed roster as an example of the "uncommon roster" also maybe a time of day search as well.
    If you're not smarter than the guy you're dealing with you lose.
    You failed to utilize the most effective strategy by not using the most available resources to affect your outcome.
    I play to win. You play to see how tough you are.
    Defeat the enemy anyway you can.

Quote Originally Posted by MrJackrabbit View Post
    Nice add, might be good to add the uncommon high level fully maxed roster as an example of the "uncommon roster" also maybe a time of day search as well.
    I thought about the search time, but didn't quite feel it had an effect on roster commonality. Although, if you are running a more engineered line up, it could help to get a match by searching when all the Asian clans are searching.

I have mixed feeling about the max roster, as you sort of need those accounts if you want to compete in leagues. Might could add in about "diluting" your roster with some non maxed accounts.
    Last edited by SuperStorm103; October 16th, 2017 at 05:23 PM.
    DeathStorm-10|22/23|2148*|FireStorm-10|17/20|2178*|SuperStorm-9|13/15|2147*
    DragonStorm-9|8/8|1529*|PerfectStorm-9|8/10|1428*|BrainStorm-10|10/16|1452*

Cool that's worth adding. I'll likely fine tune it a bit tomorrow.
    Last edited by TankSinatra; October 17th, 2017 at 12:45 AM.
    It's always the closet engineers that are the most bitter. Trying to maintain a righteous pose while doing exactly what they claim to hate, lashing out at anyone that points out the obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by TankSinatra View Post
    FAQ 12. Fine, but lets go to one attack for each base so offense-heavy accounts aren't such an issue.
    But then war outcome will too often be decided by missed attacks, with no one able to cover for them. In addition to untrustworthy clanmates, real life happens. Disconnects, hand stuck in Pringles can, grandma's on fire. Once had the cat grinding something awful across the couch during an attack - I finished the attack but not everyone's as focused as me.
    The potential that not all clan members would do their battles or a possible disconnect is the risk all clans would take in war so to me I still think the advantages of a one battle per war rule would out weigh the disadvantages.

You might think about rewriting 9 a little in light of this: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...5#post11086775 To actually use the word “loophole” would be better acknowledgement of the questioner’s sense of the situation.
    Chapter One #22V00CGY Level 16 International clan
    We welcome strong TH11 and TH12 adult players with big heros for relaxed fun warring, maxing bases and some pushing. Must know where the donate button is!

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by webyoda View Post
    The potential that not all clan members would do their battles or a possible disconnect is the risk all clans would take in war so to me I still think the advantages of a one battle per war rule would out weigh the disadvantages.
    if they cut war time in half i could see it happening.
    there is no point in waiting around anymore with 1 attack.
    just log in and do it. no such thing as cleanup anymore.

1 attack, 24 hrs?
    i see folks finding better things to do.

You can think that if you like, most would think this rule makes putting a new guy in war too risky, makes too many wars be determined by d/c or broken phone. It would also do less than you think to end engineering. Imagine (everybody's favorite hypothetical which I never see actually happen) two max offense defenseles th11 at the bottom of a 10v, take out n1 & n2. Rest of the roster can dip now.
    It's always the closet engineers that are the most bitter. Trying to maintain a righteous pose while doing exactly what they claim to hate, lashing out at anyone that points out the obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomville View Post
    You might think about rewriting 9 a little in light of this: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...5#post11086775 To actually use the word “loophole” would be better acknowledgement of the questioner’s sense of the situation.
    I'll put something in but can't resist a little snark. Loopholes get closed when they're noticed, while engineering's been effective since day 1 of clan wars. While "heavily discussed daily". Which isn't to say there's been no action, latest update seems to be a big change.

Also can't reconcile that statement with the old Q&A nonanswer-
    5)Does Supercell see lopsided bases as a fair and equitable playing style?

"Engineering" is a heated topic and opinions about it in the Community are divided.

Are lopsided bases anything we can prevent? If we could, should we do drastic changes? Would players put up with strict restrictions on upgrades to mandate offense-defense balance?
    Say we put in a restriction, could the restrictions be balanced to be somewhat more lenient? Where would we draw the line? And if this is a complex line, would we need tools to help players manage their upgrades and understand their restrictions better?

Some cases cannot be prevented even with restrictions. For instance, thinking about launching a new troop, spell, defense or extra buildings at lower Town Hall levels. Doing balancing becomes more difficult, as any bigger rebalance could allow people to break the restrictions.

Without a restriction, what can we do? Keep in mind that we are already doing a lot. As mentioned in the previous Dev Q&A, there is a huge amount of code behind the CW matchmaking that specifically looks for lopsided bases and is designed to mitigate any unfair advantage they might have. This isn’t always obvious to players, because the war map is sorted by defense strength only. However, attack strength is ALWAYS taken into account, and CW matchmaking does all it can to make sure the “books are balanced” overall from top to bottom of a war map, both in terms of attack and defense strength. Of course we can always do better and we will continue to improve this matchmaking very often.

We can’t really prevent them without making extremely complex restrictions that will adversely impact some players and that would require a lot of time and development effort to do right - and even then they might not even work that well in the long term. Instead, we try to improve our matchmaking algorithms to reduce unfair advantages from things like lopsided bases, and we will continue to do so regularly!

You must also consider that fact that matches are not perfrect. My clan full of sub 15/15 th9's with level 1 xbows and not maxed troops are facing a cwl style clan full of 30/30 maxed th9's. If we were only given 1 attack per account, it would be game over. Thankfully we have 2 attacks that allow our 10's to do a cover attack on any th9 that was not cleared by one of our much lesser developed th9's. It's not just missing attacks or disconnects. It's about being able to have an option to deal with any sort of matching errors.
    DeathStorm-10|22/23|2148*|FireStorm-10|17/20|2178*|SuperStorm-9|13/15|2147*
    DragonStorm-9|8/8|1529*|PerfectStorm-9|8/10|1428*|BrainStorm-10|10/16|1452*

FAQ 17: Why can't supercell figure out how to properly weight offense and heroes after years of clan wars?

Answer: noone knows