Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Just a simple way to reduce the engineering issue

  1. #1
    Fresh Spawn
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2

    Just a simple way to reduce the engineering issue

    I've finally had enough. My clan (Yards Revenge) hasn't run a th11 for 20 odd wars but we've matched enemies with sometimes multiple th11s for at least 16/20 of our latest matchups. I just want to propose that the simplest way in my opinion to stop this is to make it so town halls on both sides must be even. I don't believe that would be too hard to code given my experience coding. I'm aware it would lengthen search times, but honestly war isn't fun when you've lost from the start. Supercell say they're trying to fix it, but honestly it's gotten worse. TL;DR Just make it so each side has the same # of each town hall

  2. #2
    Forum Superstar dorsan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    under a rock
    Posts
    3,083
    Quote Originally Posted by nbrammer View Post
    I've finally had enough. My clan (Yards Revenge) hasn't run a th11 for 20 odd wars but we've matched enemies with sometimes multiple th11s for at least 16/20 of our latest matchups. I just want to propose that the simplest way in my opinion to stop this is to make it so town halls on both sides must be even. I don't believe that would be too hard to code given my experience coding. I'm aware it would lengthen search times, but honestly war isn't fun when you've lost from the start. Supercell say they're trying to fix it, but honestly it's gotten worse. TL;DR Just make it so each side has the same # of each town hall
    It would lengthen them to times approaching infinity for larger wars. Anything larger than 15v15 and you would never get a single war again. If you are indeed a programmer, run the numbers yourself for the different combinations of rosters and see how many clans you would need to match a 20v20 war.
    Leader of clan Purity - #8U82RCR9
    (367/85/20 war score, clan level 13, recruiting th3-th10,
    best win streak: 30, ended on 8/16/2016, best perfect war streak: 13)
    My latest war matchmaker solution: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...hts?p=10886766

  3. #3
    Fresh Spawn
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by dorsan View Post
    It would lengthen them to times approaching infinity for larger wars. Anything larger than 15v15 and you would never get a single war again. If you are indeed a programmer, run the numbers yourself for the different combinations of rosters and see how many clans you would need to match a 20v20 war.
    I'm honestly pretty sure that can be worked around but if sc ran a trial for 15v15 and 10v10 to see the results first then we could go from there as it's becoming clear that whatever they're trying isn't working. As for the number of clans. With the amount searching I highly doubt the time taken would be as drastic as people hypothesize. I just want to see supercell try something new as I just see it getting worse and worse. If it doesn't go so well with the proposed trial run then don't. Another option I have is make it so neither side can have a town hall above what the others have. E.g. if one's highest is th9 the other can't have a 10 or 11. That for sure wouldn't drastically increase the search time and is a compromise between ideal and realistic I'm fine with :-)

  4. #4
    Forum Superstar dorsan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    under a rock
    Posts
    3,083
    Quote Originally Posted by nbrammer View Post
    I'm honestly pretty sure that can be worked around but if sc ran a trial for 15v15 and 10v10 to see the results first then we could go from there as it's becoming clear that whatever they're trying isn't working. As for the number of clans. With the amount searching I highly doubt the time taken would be as drastic as people hypothesize. I just want to see supercell try something new as I just see it getting worse and worse. If it doesn't go so well with the proposed trial run then don't. Another option I have is make it so neither side can have a town hall above what the others have. E.g. if one's highest is th9 the other can't have a 10 or 11. That for sure wouldn't drastically increase the search time and is a compromise between ideal and realistic I'm fine with :-)
    If you have a th11 on top position, what % chance you think there is for the 2nd one to be th11 too? And the 3rd one? And so on?

    Let's go with 45%.. So you get 45% for the 2nd to be a th11, 45% to be a th10 and 10% for it to be anything else.

    Now, let's also start by assuming that 45% of all clans do have a th11 (just an estimate).. So what are the odds to find a match for a clan with th11 on top?

    Well here we go:
    10v10 = 1:2.937 ==> can find a war fairly quickly
    15v15 = 1:159.153 ==> can find a war in 6 hours on average
    20v20 = 1:8.624.814 ==> no war found ever
    25v25 = 1:467.398.330 ==> no war found ever
    30v30 = 1:25.329.381.591 ==> no war found ever
    40v40 = 1:74.387.411.911.219 ==> no war found ever
    50v50 = 1:218.461.198.160.809.047 == no war found ever

    It's simply not possible.
    Leader of clan Purity - #8U82RCR9
    (367/85/20 war score, clan level 13, recruiting th3-th10,
    best win streak: 30, ended on 8/16/2016, best perfect war streak: 13)
    My latest war matchmaker solution: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...hts?p=10886766

  5. #5
    Forum Veteran TankSinatra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,781
    Quote Originally Posted by dorsan View Post

    Well here we go:
    10v10 = 1:2.937 ==> can find a war fairly quickly
    15v15 = 1:159.153 ==> can find a war in 6 hours on average
    20v20 = 1:8.624.814 ==> no war found ever
    25v25 = 1:467.398.330 ==> no war found ever
    30v30 = 1:25.329.381.591 ==> no war found ever
    40v40 = 1:74.387.411.911.219 ==> no war found ever
    50v50 = 1:218.461.198.160.809.047 == no war found ever

    It's simply not possible.
    Was looking for one of your posts to link to in my FAQ, about TH matching. Napkin math but it'll do.
    Level 10 Adult War Clan METAMUCIL.
    And some of us are old enough that its not just a funny word...
    Metamucil keeps the red out of our logs. Small wars, great record, low pressure.
    War Record - https://cocp.it/clan/82GJJV2J

  6. #6
    As Dorsan says, it can't work. What could work is a match of the top hall, but even that would need some variance for larger wars. So, like 1 off at 15v15, 2 off at 20v20, etc.
    Th11 here, several other accounts th8-10 (ok 6 more accounts, don't tell my wife). Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Some tips/thoughts on Legends here. Engineers aren't the problem, they are the symptom of a problematic matchmaker. My Legends hope: PvP 5500+ with attack limit, leave rest same, including usual legends from 5000-5499. Contact SC here

Similar Threads

  1. Simple fix for engineering
    By Bkt26 in forum General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 3 Weeks Ago, 05:51 AM
  2. A simple solution to end engineering
    By sheedy17 in forum Ideas & Feature Requests
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: June 21st, 2017, 04:07 PM
  3. To reduce engineering base give restrictions like in builderbase
    By Lintovarughese04 in forum Ideas & Feature Requests
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: June 5th, 2017, 10:53 PM
  4. Replies: 50
    Last Post: November 30th, 2016, 06:41 PM
  5. Replies: 26
    Last Post: August 12th, 2016, 08:04 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •