Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Enjoying 12 win streak since Aug 2017 MM changes

Enjoying 12 win streak since Aug 2017 MM changes

I don't know what people here are talking about with the new MM being broken. Since Aug 2017, we've been able to enjoy 12 win streak (about to get our 13th).
    * the last time we match this 13 win streak was April 2017
    * the last time we won over 13 win streak (15) was over a year ago
    * our highest win streak was 20 or so, over 2 years ago
    * 90.9% win rate (20 wins out of 22 wars)
    * 72% we feel we are matched fairly
    * 18% we are matched with other clans with no lopsided bases

We do not have lopsided bases. We run 15x15 or 20x20, sometimes 25x25, ranging from TH7 to TH10. Sometimes we do have some 8.5s and 9.5s in the roster. Those are because they are new at their TH levels

This new MM has been very favorable to our clan.
    cassia @ HAM MASTERS (#PYRRJ2V) - level 13 war clan

We're kind of like you guys. Enjoying a 20 win streak and we do not use engineered bases. We run 20v20 up to 30v30 with th11-8 primarily 1 or 2 th7s.

I like new matchmaking now only 1 loss since the changes and that was a war we included . 5s

Co-Leader of Monkey Bizness. Lv 15 constant war clan. #GV228Q9
    The Frosty Trinity
    Blaze - TH11 - K45/Q45/W20
    Fire - TH10 - K33/Q36
    Inferno - TH10 - K35/Q35

We are on a streak too, but in our case it may well be because the matchmaker is still a bit broken. We’ve been matching clans that that just aren’t an appropriate match for us, for being considerably weaker on both offence and defence. The matchmaker just isn’t handling big th10s and 11s the way it should to the extent where our mostly th11 clan is getting enemies running multiple 9s, which just ought not happen.

I question any correlation between long streak and great matchmaking - to me it’s about the opposite, long streaks are more likely to suggest bad matchmaking (or “successful” engineering, which to me amounts to the same).
    Last edited by Tomville; 5 Days Ago at 01:32 AM.
    Chapter One #22V00CGY Level 13 International clan
    We welcome strong TH10 and TH11 adult players with big heros for fun warring, maxing bases and some pushing. Active builder base, and must know where the donate button is!

Wherever "sneak peak" is being improperly used...
    Quote Originally Posted by AFrostyBlaze View Post
    I like new matchmaking now only 1 loss since the changes and that was a war we included . 5s
    People like the mm when it works in their favor, and their clan wins.

Some people dislike the mm because they aren't winning.

I personally could care less about winning. I want a mm that can properly match different clan & base styles, regardless what happens to my clans record.

To each his/her own.
    Last edited by stealthmtn; 5 Days Ago at 01:32 AM.
    IGN: Sneak Peak; TH10 - Lvl 185; 1072 War *s; GG 1.4b; EE 1.6b; HH 9.5m; FIN 375k;
    40/40 BK/AQ [last updated 8/8/17]

Quote Originally Posted by Tomville View Post
    We are on a streak too, but in our case it may well be because the matchmaker is still a bit broken. We’ve been matching clans that that just aren’t an appropriate match for us, for being considerably weaker on both offence and defence. The matchmaker just isn’t handling big th10s and 11s the way it should to the extent where our mostly th11 clan is getting enemies running multiple 9s, which just ought not happen.
    I think the offense is still undervalued. Our 40/40/20 and 40/40/6 10.5s are still drawing in max Th10s at a health rate. The only time we see an Eagle is if the owner is rushed and when we see big heroes the base is engineered so it has lower defenses than us.

But maybe SC doesn't want to put too much weight on the heroes to incentivize people to continue upgrading. /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by stealthmtn View Post
    People like the mm when it works in their favor, and their clan wins.

Some people dislike the mm because they aren't winning.

I personally could care less about winning. I want a mm that can properly match different clan & base styles, regardless what happens to my clans record.

To each his/her own.
    We're working hard to win though overcoming eagle and inferno disadvantages in most wars. For some reason most of our opponents just spam laloon and end up on 6 to 9 win streak.

We're winning because we're the better clan using better strats

The Frosty Trinity
    Fire - TH10 - K33/Q36
    Inferno - TH10 - K35/Q35

We're working hard to win though overcoming eagle and inferno disadvantages in most wars. For some reason most of our opponents just spam laloon and end up on 6 to 9 win streak.

We're winning because we're the better clan using better strats
    Eaxactly what we are seeing. All our opponents, all having more powerful offense, have been spamming lavaloon attacks. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. We put up 3 nice wins as an under dog due to base design and attack skill overcoming their poorly used advantage.

That being said (the basics posted in darians match thread), our last match saw us at too big of a disadvantage to over come. Most of our 9's were matched with very developed 9.5's and of course they had way more th10's and 11 attacks. Ended up loosing 75 to 80 in a 30 vs 30. Lots of our 9's were putting up 95% + hits against their 9.5's. Just couldn't quite get the last few % due to extras traps and towers.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperStorm103 View Post
    Eaxactly what we are seeing. All our opponents, all having more powerful offense, have been spamming lavaloon attacks. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. We put up 3 nice wins as an under dog due to base design and attack skill overcoming their poorly used advantage.

That being said (the basics posted in darians match thread), our last match saw us at too big of a disadvantage to over come. Most of our 9's were matched with very developed 9.5's and of course they had way more th10's and 11 attacks. Ended up loosing 75 to 80 in a 30 vs 30. Lots of our 9's were putting up 95% + hits against their 9.5's. Just couldn't quite get the last few % due to extras traps and towers.
    that's unfortunate. that would happen to us as well. th9s have no chance against most laloons by a 9.5 because the extra spell and hound level.

our only saving grace is that we have a few eagle anchors up top and all of our 10s have infernos which basic loon spamming even from a th11 won't 3 when you use anti air bases on defense. we win these wars by 10-15 stars because even if they 3 most/all of our 9s they leave some of our 10s at 1 star and our 11s nearly always at 1 star

The Frosty Trinity
    Fire - TH10 - K33/Q36
    Inferno - TH10 - K35/Q35

that's unfortunate. that would happen to us as well. th9s have no chance against most laloons by a 9.5 because the extra spell and hound level.

our only saving grace is that we have a few eagle anchors up top and all of our 10s have infernos which basic loon spamming even from a th11 won't 3 when you use anti air bases on defense. we win these wars by 10-15 stars because even if they 3 most/all of our 9s they leave some of our 10s at 1 star and our 11s nearly always at 1 star
    Yeah, that was the case with the previous 3 wars. War before last they only 1 starred our top 4 bases, while we 3'd a few of theirs. They decimated our 9's with th10 and th11 dips. Once they hit inferno bases, it was fail after fail. This war we just didn't have enough attacks to clear the middle. We are talking 66k th9's vs 72k 9.5's.

Centennial Club
    Same experince here. We are a maxer clan ( no x.5 or any other Engineering, line up is from max def th11 to th7, 10vs10 or 15vs 15) and after the MM update we have been very happy with our matches. Best win streak 4 but usually we win one and then lose one. The winner is usually decide by percentage or one star. So good wars. Opponents usually maxers, sometimes they have like one 9.5 or 10.5. Two wars against engineers who had the bottom filled with defenseless th6 or lower like 4 or 5 of those in a 10vs 10 war. We won both. What has changed for us is that we do not get opponents with crazy th11 defenseless bases with big offence. I know that there are many players who do not like the MM update, but we are happy. Wars feel good again and are decided by attack skill and not by who best plays the (MM) system.
    Last edited by Grimbolg; 4 Days Ago at 08:20 AM.