Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Enjoying 12 win streak since Aug 2017 MM changes

I think this is all good feedback.

"This new MM has been very favorable to our clan."

To the OP, I would suggest that just because your clan is enjoying some good matches doesn't mean that there aren't major issues.

I remember back in circa May 2016, my own clan were on a 12 win streak. Everything was great, life was good, the beer was free, and my wife wasn't using her credit card.....but I was blind at that point to the demonic floodgates that had been opened just 2 months earlier by the March 2016 update, that was slowly but surely giving life to the cut and paste lopsided engineers!
    We were typically running TH8-10 wars too!

I'm glad you are getting fair matches (72%) and very respectful that you've turned these fair matches into all wins! You must have some solid attackers, congrats!
    However I'm slightly confused.

How does 72% fair matches equate to "This new MM has been very favorable to our clan."?

Considering the complaints recently , there must be a lot of clans that are getting advantageous matches (ie not fair).
    It's strange that we don't seem to hear from them.
    I recognise of course that human nature often masquerades players MM appraisals, ie win = fair, loss = mismatch.

Congrats on the wins!
    Last edited by Skrags; October 13th, 2017 at 07:57 AM.
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 10 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...H8-s-to-TH11-s My spec: early TH11, 41/40/6

Centennial Club
    Skrags.

I think those who get an advantage rarely report in the forum. That is the nature of the internet. Those who feel themselves mistreated want a change they write. Happy people just have no incentive to write. Except Superstorm and Afrostyblaze.
    Last edited by Grimbolg; October 13th, 2017 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbolg View Post
    Skrags.

I think those who get an advantage rarely report in the forum. That is the nature of the internet. Those who feel themselves mistreated want a change they write. Happy people just have no incentive to write. Except Superstorm and Afrostyblaze.
    This is very true Grimbolg, I get you. BUT, there are lots of players who visit the forums regularly regardless of winning or losing wars, and while we have seen some posts from players suggesting they are getting fair wars, there doesn't seem to be many "we are consistently getting advantageous matches".... Tomville may be one exception.

Certainly, if my clan was getting advantageous matches consistently, I'd be the first to concede such, and post about it.

#hopespringseternal
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 10 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...H8-s-to-TH11-s My spec: early TH11, 41/40/6

Pro Member
    any hardcore engineering clan don't complaint

because.. everything is fair in war....

Quote Originally Posted by Alishr99 View Post
    any hardcore engineering clan don't complaint

because.. everything is fair in war....
    Because War MM is always in their favor, Engineering is like a virus killing war everytime but SC thinks it's good so be it.

That is why MM is so hard to fix because of those loopsided bases.

Quote Originally Posted by hammasters View Post
    I don't know what people here are talking about with the new MM being broken. Since Aug 2017, we've been able to enjoy 12 win streak (about to get our 13th).

We do not have lopsided bases. We run 15x15 or 20x20, sometimes 25x25, ranging from TH7 to TH10. Sometimes we do have some 8.5s and 9.5s in the roster. Those are because they are new at their TH levels

This new MM has been very favorable to our clan.
    What progression are you at with the TH10s you are taking to war? This, and their hero levels- are very important factors into whether or not the MM seems favorable or not for many.

Level: 187 | TH10 | IGN: cnaf11

retired

Forum Contender
    let me throw my anecdote in.

currently in 2 clans, one is somewhat/mildly engineered (very mild but clearly offence heavy), the other is a maxer type clan. The difference is very clear, despite much lower skill and commitment levels in the maxer type clan the war record is better there, with significantly easier wars. Its kind strange though, not just easier in terms of offence/defence on the other side, but lower skill for some reason. This can be compared to before the matchmaker change when the "engineered" clan had 19 wins in a row, at the moment we sitting I think below 60% win ratio in that clan, which i have not seen since early war days.

what these means in general, sadly nothing, but enough anecdotes and you may end up with a silver of data?
    Clan - Highland chiefs, Highland rebels, Highlandchiefs2
    Accounts - 11 heavy with eagle!!! What have i done, D rushed 11; 10.5, 2 x 10.25; premmi 10.5; 2 x noob rushed 11; super 9.05 (9.11), badly rushed th11, super 9.25 (9.11 in progress)
    #BringbackDorsan

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Makemewise View Post
    Because War MM is always in their favor, Engineering is like a virus killing war everytime but SC thinks it's good so be it.

That is why MM is so hard to fix because of those loopsided bases.
    it's been a normal to our clan facing more eagle. .. more inferno....
    especially against Chinese.... more Max hero...

sometime we won... the other day we lose...

there's no way we could expect fair war after years of played....

most player has figured out how to maximize base for war

the day of maxer has gone....
    less and lesser clan doing war....

Quote Originally Posted by Vikingchief View Post
    let me throw my anecdote in.

currently in 2 clans, one is somewhat/mildly engineered (very mild but clearly offence heavy), the other is a maxer type clan. The difference is very clear, despite much lower skill and commitment levels in the maxer type clan the war record is better there, with significantly easier wars. Its kind strange though, not just easier in terms of offence/defence on the other side, but lower skill for some reason. This can be compared to before the matchmaker change when the "engineered" clan had 19 wins in a row, at the moment we sitting I think below 60% win ratio in that clan, which i have not seen since early war days.

what these means in general, sadly nothing, but enough anecdotes and you may end up with a silver of data?
    this is our finding as well but it makes sense to me

generally speaking the clans that have engineered bases probably have more skilled players. the reason most people engineered in the first place was to gain an advantage in war and thus these players simply care more about war. it shows in their raids that they have more of an idea what to do

for maxer clans, most of them maxed their defenses quickly without caring as much for their heroes and offense and learning the game. they didn't do it for the advantage but just because they had the option to build things so they did.

my clan has all our defenses and we also have high heroes, we emphasize maxing nearly everything at each townhall before moving on. the clans that we play routinely have their defenses as well, lower heroes and less skill. it's clear that they just don't care as much about war and despite the eagle/inferno advantage that they get it doesn't over come our high heroes and planned raids. they just spam laloon or quad quake valk and hope for the best while we do intricate queen walks mixed with bowlers or miners or gobolaloon, things these weak maxer opponents probably never heard of.

this war for example, we're against a clan on a 9 streak that somehow wins wars in 30v30 with 73 stars...it doesn't make sense and watching their raids in the first 3 hours of this war they've failed to 3 a single th9 of ours despite using 1 th11 and 4 th10s on them already

when we do face the really engineered clans we normally crush them because while the heroes may be equal we end up with higher defenses and they just can't beat it
    Co-Leader of Monkey Bizness. Lv 15 constant war clan. #GV228Q9
    The Frosty Trinity
    Blaze - TH11 - K45/Q45/W20
    Fire - TH10 - K39/Q40
    Inferno - TH10 - K39/Q40