Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: War Algorithm is Broken again! Please fix it!

War Algorithm is Broken again! Please fix it!

We are doing a 20v20 war and we got matched against a whole engineered clan. Supercell you NEED to fix your war algorithm or put it back the way it was from the last update. You made it so engineered clans wouldn't have to wait as long, but us clans that choose to play the game like YOU guys intended are getting the bad end of the deal. We would have about equal TH 7's, 8's, 9's, etc more or less, but it was fine before this update. In the last update we got matched against clans with 1 or 2 engineered clans or in some cases they had NONE. But now your algorithm is totally mad.

We do not accept .5 or engineered bases in our clan for those of you wondering. This is what we are up against this war, and it's ridiculous. We are on the left:

12 TH 11's vs 15 TH 11's (them)

2 TH 10's vs 4 TH 10's (them)

2 TH 9's/2 TH 8's/2 TH 7's vs 1 TH 9 (them)

Our bottom 4 https://imgur.com/fesWppx

Their bottom 4 https://imgur.com/PbE5U8Y

Their base 18 https://imgur.com/Hya7YMt that's going against our TH 8!!!

Supercell I have no idea what you did with this algorithm, but we were perfectly fine before this update. Like I said, some wars the enemy clan had 1 or 2 engineered bases and other times we had a perfectly equal war, but now.... come on fix your game!

IGN: FrankieFaceless
    Town Hall 11 Level 224
    Highest Trophies 5406
    "If you want justice, you've come to the wrong place."

Probably at work not working clearly. Doh!
    We are not going to get an insta-fix. It is a work in progress. You'd be better posting your views in the main thread on this issue.

Anyway our last 3 wars have been 2 almost perfectly even matched and the 3rd, slightly uneven against us. That is a big improvement on our previous 3 wars before it.

It seems to me that it is getting better albeit slowly.
    Last edited by Damiz; October 12th, 2017 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Damiz View Post
    We are not going to get an insta-fix. It is a work in progress. You'd be better posting your views in the main thread on this issue.

Anyway our last 3 wars have been 2 almost perfectly even matched and the 3rd, slightly uneven against us. That is a big improvement on our previous 3 wars before it.

It seems to me that it is getting better albeit slowly.
    Did you see the pictures I linked? This deserves its own thread. This is unacceptable.
    Last edited by Veraplay; October 12th, 2017 at 09:51 PM.

Town Hall 11 Level 224
    Highest Trophies 5406

This can't be stated enough. Simply listing TH levels is not enough evidence to truly judge if, and if so, how much, a war match-up is unbalanced. On the surface, yes, it certainly "looks" unbalanced. But, us, as forumers, and the moderators would need a lot more information to judge if the match-up is truly unbalanced.

TH 11 | EXP 200 | Heroes 45/45/20 | HT 6026 | WS 1575 | GG 2B | EE 2B | HH 20.7M | #V8LG20UV
    Credit to ClashofHolmes for the signature.
    Visit his shop here!

Quote Originally Posted by xc3ss1v30n3 View Post
    This can't be stated enough. Simply listing TH levels is not enough evidence to truly judge if, and if so, how much, a war match-up is unbalanced. On the surface, yes, it certainly "looks" unbalanced. But, us, as forumers, and the moderators would need a lot more information to judge if the match-up is truly unbalanced.
    Have you seen the pictures I linked? Click on them so you can see the evidence. How does our TH 7's and 8's matching against a 10 or 11 "look" unbalanced?

Town Hall 11 Level 224
    Highest Trophies 5406

Quote Originally Posted by Veraplay View Post
    Did you see the pictures I linked? This deserves its own thread. This is unacceptable.
    I did. An no it didn't deserve its own thread and not one that is posted in the incorrect sub-forum. The pics only give half the picture - see xc3ss post above.
    Last edited by Damiz; October 12th, 2017 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Damiz View Post
    I did. An no it didn't deserve its own thread and not one that is posted in the incorrect sub-forum. The pics only give half the picture - see xc3ss post above.
    What else more do you need to see that this is unacceptable? Don't really care what sub-forum it's at the mods can put it where it belongs. But if you honestly think having their 10's and 11's match against our 7's and 8's then you're out of your mind. I have nothing more to say to you.

Town Hall 11 Level 224
    Highest Trophies 5406

Have you seen the pictures I linked? Click on them so you can see the evidence. How does our TH 7's and 8's matching against a 10 or 11 "look" unbalanced?
    Yes, I've seen the pictures. But the pictures don't do anything but tell us TH level that you already told us. But, I think you're staring at that pretty TH11 in the middle of 18s base and not looking at the rest. Yes, it's mirror might be your TH7 or 8, but that TH11 is nothing more than a TH9 defensively. A good TH8 attacker can handle that base. That's why I've said that we need more information before anyone can truly say if, and how bad it's mismatched. Remember that offense is taken into consideration as much as defense.

Obviously, you're irritated, but you should probably dial it back a bit. We're trying to help you.

Edit: And, the information needed is something like this... https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...e-and-stuff%21
    Last edited by xc3ss1v30n3; October 12th, 2017 at 10:01 PM.

TH 11 | EXP 200 | Heroes 45/45/20 | HT 6026 | WS 1575 | GG 2B | EE 2B | HH 20.7M | #V8LG20UV
    Credit to ClashofHolmes for the signature.
    Visit his shop here!

Pro Member
    Broken again? War matchmaking has been steadily broken for over 2 years. At the current rate of these "fixes"; the war matchmaking will be fixed after our sun turns to a red giant in 5 billion years.

If they wanted to fix matching, they would have fixed match making by now. Throwing a teaspoon of water on a burning skyscraper maybe seem like a good photo op or publicity stunt. However it's not doing anything.
    Last edited by ayih; October 12th, 2017 at 10:00 PM.

What else more do you need to see that this is unacceptable? Don't really care what sub-forum it's at the mods can put it where it belongs. But if you honestly think having their 10's and 11's match against our 7's and 8's then you're out of your mind. I have nothing more to say to you.
    Blimey - ok breath a little.

Firstly, your pics do not give the full story. We know nothing about the full line up. It is impossible to judge whether this is truly a bad match up without that information. If you have any engineered bases in your line up then the system under the new algorithm will look to match you with another engineered clan.

All you have told is the TH lvl of the bases. Nothing more, That is not enough.

Secondly I never said anything about their TH10 and 11's matching against your TH7s and 8s - I just said more information was needed.

Thirdly, and this is a friendly warning, it is not the mods job to move threads as part of their daily routine. They do it sure. But if you knowingly start a thread in the wrong sub-forum then you risk an infraction particularly for a forum veteran. Just a friendly word of caution.
    Last edited by Damiz; October 12th, 2017 at 10:05 PM.